Old 08-02-2020, 06:17 AM posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Newbie needs help with Green tea - PLEASE!

On Monday, October 11, 2004 at 7:11:17 PM UTC+5:30, Abouna wrote:
Hello all,

I am new to tea (other than Lipton) and especially green tea.

My father (a diabetic) has recently discovered the benefits of green
tea and has asked me to research it. I must admit I have found this
quite daunting. I too am interested in green tea but where to start?
I figured this would be the best place.

Though I have found several places that sell green tea I have found
nothing about qulities and quantities. For instance:

- What about quality? Are the green teas in bags at the supermarket
beneficial? If not, where to start with price in mind? I see many
teas selling for $30 for a few grams. This seems impossible
practically speaking for 2 people to maintain.

- Quantity? How many cups does an ounce of green tea powder or leaves
make/ I am trying to see how inexpensively this can be done.

I am interested firstly in the health benefits and secondly in the
taste/pleasure aspect.

Cheers.

I would suggest you to go for loose tea leaves rather than tea bags if you are concerned about health benefits. This is because the polyphenols get lost during processing of the leaves. Chai and mighty delivers fresh tea leaves to you within a week no matter where you are located in the globe.

There are many flavoured green teas also, hence, no need to worry about the taste. Grab your sample now at https://www.chaiandmighty.com

Old 10-02-2020, 01:21 AM posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Chai Mighty writes:

[...]

€œNo need to worry about the taste.€

/Lew
---