Posted to rec.food.drink.tea,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living

Default Is 5-hr Energy Drink Worth The Price

I get more of a boost from 3 tsp. of instant tea, although the energy drink
lasts considerably longer. The tea is much cheaper and has 120 tsps. per
jar whereas a 6-pack of 5-hr. Energy Drink is $13. Hell, I pay only $16
for a 30-pack of Schaefer's beer.
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011, Way Back Jack wrote:

> I get more of a boost from 3 tsp. of instant tea, although the energy drink
> lasts considerably longer. The tea is much cheaper and has 120 tsps. per
> jar whereas a 6-pack of 5-hr. Energy Drink is $13. Hell, I pay only $16
> for a 30-pack of Schaefer's beer.

Aren't those things more like credit, so you always end up paying for it
later?

Michael

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living

On 10/11/2011 07:42 PM, Michael Black wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Oct 2011, Way Back Jack wrote:
>
>> I get more of a boost from 3 tsp. of instant tea, although the energy drink
>> lasts considerably longer. The tea is much cheaper and has 120 tsps. per
>> jar whereas a 6-pack of 5-hr. Energy Drink is $13. Hell, I pay only $16
>> for a 30-pack of Schaefer's beer.
>>

> Aren't those things more like credit, so you always end up paying for it
> later?

"Energy drinks" are mostly sugar and caffeine. Wash down a No-Doz and a
multivitamin with a Coke and be ahead of the game financially.

--
Cheers, Bev
My house isn't a pigsty, it's an Immunity Enhancement Center.
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living

"The Real Bev" > wrote in message
> On 10/11/2011 07:42 PM, Michael Black wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 11 Oct 2011, Way Back Jack wrote:
>>
>>> I get more of a boost from 3 tsp. of instant tea, although the energy
>>> drink
>>> lasts considerably longer. The tea is much cheaper and has 120 tsps.
>>> per
>>> jar whereas a 6-pack of 5-hr. Energy Drink is $13. Hell, I pay only
>>> $16
>>> for a 30-pack of Schaefer's beer.
>>>

>> Aren't those things more like credit, so you always end up paying for it
>> later?

> "Energy drinks" are mostly sugar and caffeine. Wash down a No-Doz and a
> multivitamin with a Coke and be ahead of the game financially.

I agree. There are even generic caffeine tablets that are much cheaper than
No-Doz. I use them when I am traveling to keep from falling asleep on the
road (I'm usually a passenger, so it isn't a safety issue--I just hate
nodding off and missing the scenery).

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living

On Oct 15, 11:19*am, "Annie Woughman" >
wrote:
> "The Real Bev" > wrote in ...

> >> Aren't those things more like credit, so you always end up paying for it
> >> later?

> > "Energy drinks" are mostly sugar and caffeine. *Wash down a No-Doz and a
> > multivitamin with a Coke and be ahead of the game financially.

> I agree. *There are even generic caffeine tablets that are much cheaper than
> No-Doz. *I use them when I am traveling to keep from falling asleep on the
> road (I'm usually a passenger, so it isn't a safety issue--I just hate
> nodding off and missing the scenery).- Hide quoted text -

Chewing gum will keep one alert. And it calms. Mr Wriggley was on to
something.

http://ergo-log.com/chewinggum.html

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living

Way Back Jack > wrote:
>I get more of a boost from 3 tsp. of instant tea, although the energy drink
>lasts considerably longer. The tea is much cheaper and has 120 tsps. per
>jar whereas a 6-pack of 5-hr. Energy Drink is $13. Hell, I pay only $16
>for a 30-pack of Schaefer's beer.

If you're looking for something that tastes nasty and wakes you up, why
not just cut out the middleman and directly inject caffeine citrate solution?
--scott
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Way Back Jack[_5_] View Post
I get more of a boost from 3 tsp. of instant tea, although the energy drink
lasts considerably longer. The tea is much cheaper and has 120 tsps. per
jar whereas a 6-pack of 5-hr. Energy Drink is $13. Hell, I pay only $16
for a 30-pack of Schaefer's beer.
Energy drinks (artificial ones, not tea and stuff like that) ultimately weaken our bodies' ability to store glycogen in liver and muscles and process those when needed. I prefer to have some sugared tea when i'm down.