Posted to rec.food.drink.tea,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Annie Woughman Annie Woughman is offline

Default Is 5-hr Energy Drink Worth The Price

"The Real Bev" > wrote in message
> On 10/11/2011 07:42 PM, Michael Black wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 11 Oct 2011, Way Back Jack wrote:
>>
>>> I get more of a boost from 3 tsp. of instant tea, although the energy
>>> drink
>>> lasts considerably longer. The tea is much cheaper and has 120 tsps.
>>> per
>>> jar whereas a 6-pack of 5-hr. Energy Drink is $13. Hell, I pay only
>>> $16
>>> for a 30-pack of Schaefer's beer.
>>>

>> Aren't those things more like credit, so you always end up paying for it
>> later?

> "Energy drinks" are mostly sugar and caffeine. Wash down a No-Doz and a
> multivitamin with a Coke and be ahead of the game financially.

I agree. There are even generic caffeine tablets that are much cheaper than
No-Doz. I use them when I am traveling to keep from falling asleep on the
road (I'm usually a passenger, so it isn't a safety issue--I just hate
nodding off and missing the scenery).