Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Adulterated commercial teas... research report

Hi--

Some news-- Says that 3 high school students checked a bunch of tea
samples, and found unlisted (non-tea) plant materials. I haven't
followed the citation, but the title of the citation is "COMMERCIAL
Teas..." and I'm sure that is *not* what *I* am drinking

http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/1HeOyz...t-tea-11-07-21

jhh

-
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Hi,

> Some news-- Says that 3 high school students checked a bunch of tea
> samples, and found unlisted (non-tea) plant materials. I haven't
> followed the citation, but the title of the citation is "COMMERCIAL
> Teas..." and I'm sure that is *not* what *I* am drinking
>
> http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/1HeOyz...t-tea-11-07-21

Does it mean that the tested leaves come from genetically modified tea
plants? or that, amongst tea leaves, there were other leaves?

http://www.nature.com/srep/2011/1107...srep00042.html

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Ce n'est pas en tournant le dos aux choses qu'on leur fait face. »
(Pierre Dac)
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Fortune on his 1848 trip through China discovered the Chinese were
adding plaster(hydrogen sulfide gypsum) and Prussian blue(cyanide
paint pigment) to make green tea more green and acted like a
preservative. This was made public in 1851 which gave added impetus
for the East India company to develop India as a tea source.

Jim

On Jul 24, 8:17 am, Thitherflit > wrote:
> Hi--
>
> Some news-- Says that 3 high school students checked a bunch of tea
> samples, and found unlisted (non-tea) plant materials. I haven't
> followed the citation, but the title of the citation is "COMMERCIAL
> Teas..." and I'm sure that is *not* what *I* am drinking
>
> http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/1HeOyz...ican.com/podca...
>
> jhh

Adulterated garlic powder (with chalk and talc) graham[_4_] General Cooking 123 01-05-2017 10:21 AM
Research Sheldon General Cooking 1 23-05-2008 02:44 AM
Industry Packed teas or loose teas? STJones Tea 5 06-02-2006 02:24 PM
new research Laurie Vegan 0 20-04-2005 06:45 AM
Adulterated Chicken Breasts Sam D. General Cooking 13 17-04-2004 08:45 PM