Tyler

Default Chicago Tea Houses

Dear all,

Does anyone know of any good tea houses in the Chicago/Evanston area?

I'm hoping to find a place that's serious about tea where I can try some
new varieties and get some good advice.

So far, the only good place I've come across is the Four Seasons, which
actually has a nice tea service. Unlike 99% of similar places, they provide
a pot that lets you separate the tea from the water when it's done
steeping, and the tea is reasonably good. Of course, their focus isn't on
tea, so the variety is extremely limited, and I don't think they'd be much
help in terms of advice.

I'd greatly appreciate any help.

TIA,
Tyler.
Joanne Rosen

check www.catteacorner.com for their list
"Tyler" > wrote in message
> Dear all,
>
> Does anyone know of any good tea houses in the Chicago/Evanston area?
>
> I'm hoping to find a place that's serious about tea where I can try some
> new varieties and get some good advice.
>
> So far, the only good place I've come across is the Four Seasons, which
> actually has a nice tea service. Unlike 99% of similar places, they
> provide
> a pot that lets you separate the tea from the water when it's done
> steeping, and the tea is reasonably good. Of course, their focus isn't on
> tea, so the variety is extremely limited, and I don't think they'd be much
> help in terms of advice.
>
> I'd greatly appreciate any help.
>
> TIA,
> Tyler.

Joanne Rosen

"Tyler" > wrote in message
> Dear all,
>
> Does anyone know of any good tea houses in the Chicago/Evanston area?
>
> I'm hoping to find a place that's serious about tea where I can try some
> new varieties and get some good advice.
>
> So far, the only good place I've come across is the Four Seasons, which
> actually has a nice tea service. Unlike 99% of similar places, they
> provide
> a pot that lets you separate the tea from the water when it's done
> steeping, and the tea is reasonably good. Of course, their focus isn't on
> tea, so the variety is extremely limited, and I don't think they'd be much
> help in terms of advice.
>
> I'd greatly appreciate any help.
>
> TIA,
> Tyler.

Larry Swain

There's a place on Davis, can't recall the name at the moment,
its a few doors down from Bramer Animal Hospital.

Tyler wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Does anyone know of any good tea houses in the Chicago/Evanston area?
>
> I'm hoping to find a place that's serious about tea where I can try some
> new varieties and get some good advice.
>
> So far, the only good place I've come across is the Four Seasons, which
> actually has a nice tea service. Unlike 99% of similar places, they provide
> a pot that lets you separate the tea from the water when it's done
> steeping, and the tea is reasonably good. Of course, their focus isn't on
> tea, so the variety is extremely limited, and I don't think they'd be much
> help in terms of advice.
>
> I'd greatly appreciate any help.
>
> TIA,
> Tyler.

Larry Swain

Tyler wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Does anyone know of any good tea houses in the Chicago/Evanston area?
>
> I'm hoping to find a place that's serious about tea where I can try some
> new varieties and get some good advice.
>
> So far, the only good place I've come across is the Four Seasons, which
> actually has a nice tea service. Unlike 99% of similar places, they provide
> a pot that lets you separate the tea from the water when it's done
> steeping, and the tea is reasonably good. Of course, their focus isn't on
> tea, so the variety is extremely limited, and I don't think they'd be much
> help in terms of advice.
>
> I'd greatly appreciate any help.
>
> TIA,
> Tyler.

John

Larry,

I did some checking; I think the name is Dream About Tea at 1011 Davis.
It's about a 5 minute walk from my apartment, so I'll drop by in the next
few days. Many thanks for the suggestion.

--Tyler

Larry Swain > wrote in
:

> There's a place on Davis, can't recall the name at the moment,
> its a few doors down from Bramer Animal Hospital.

.. . . snip . . .
John

Larry,

I did some checking; I think the name is Dream About Tea at 1011 Davis.
It's about a 5 minute walk from my apartment, so I'll drop by in the next
few days. Many thanks for the suggestion.

--Tyler

Larry Swain > wrote in
:

> There's a place on Davis, can't recall the name at the moment,
> its a few doors down from Bramer Animal Hospital.

.. . . snip . . .
Rick Chappell

Tyler > wrote:

> Does anyone know of any good tea houses in the Chicago/Evanston area?

There's Ten Ren tea in the south Chinatown. They have good Chinese teas,
especially Taiwanese. I find them expensive even compared to other Ten
Rens - must be the lack of competition. You might also look in the Chinatown
closer to you; just go there and ask about tea shops.

Have fun,

Rick.
Rick Chappell

Tyler > wrote:

> Does anyone know of any good tea houses in the Chicago/Evanston area?

There's Ten Ren tea in the south Chinatown. They have good Chinese teas,
especially Taiwanese. I find them expensive even compared to other Ten
Rens - must be the lack of competition. You might also look in the Chinatown
closer to you; just go there and ask about tea shops.

Have fun,

Rick.
Larry Swain

John wrote:

> Larry,
>
> I did some checking; I think the name is Dream About Tea at 1011 Davis.
> It's about a 5 minute walk from my apartment, so I'll drop by in the next
> few days. Many thanks for the suggestion.

Let me know how it is. I've always wanted to go in, but the
only time I think about it is when I take one of my pets to the
vet, and they don't take pets. So do let me know how it is!

Larry Swain

John wrote:

> Larry,
>
> I did some checking; I think the name is Dream About Tea at 1011 Davis.
> It's about a 5 minute walk from my apartment, so I'll drop by in the next
> few days. Many thanks for the suggestion.

Let me know how it is. I've always wanted to go in, but the
only time I think about it is when I take one of my pets to the
vet, and they don't take pets. So do let me know how it is!
Larry Weil

Larry Swain > wrote in
:

> John wrote:
>>
>> Larry,
>>
>> I did some checking; I think the name is Dream About Tea at 1011
>> Davis. It's about a 5 minute walk from my apartment, so I'll drop by
>> in the next few days. Many thanks for the suggestion.
>>

> Let me know how it is. I've always wanted to go in, but the
> only time I think about it is when I take one of my pets to the
> vet, and they don't take pets. So do let me know how it is!

Shucks, I was in Evanston last week, only to find out that they are
closed on Mondays. I did get a good cup of tea at a place across the
street, known as the Liquid Cafe. They have a small variety of loose
teas, the one I had seemed to be of good quality.

Tea and tea houses in Iran Gyorgy Sajo Tea 5 08-01-2008 12:27 PM
Coffee houses [email protected] Coffee 4 02-01-2007 07:08 PM
coffee-houses men only howard richler Tea 7 24-09-2004 03:58 AM
bird houses M O Winemaking 0 29-07-2004 07:44 PM
Chicago tamales ...was Chicago Hot Dogs..and Polish food Jerry Ranch General Cooking 14 25-01-2004 07:30 PM