Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Ginseng coated tea

Ive been curious about this type of tea for a long time:

http://i47.tinypic.com/8ycqya.jpg

I came across some in a Chinese store $16/8 oz. It was batched from a
larger more expensive package which didnt specify the origin. Im sure
it is made in one place but havent researched it yet. I know it is a
specialty of TenRen. I am sort of allergic to ginseng but this didnt
bother me. It was mild and sweet. I think the coating minimal. You
are looking at the fifth infusion. Notice some nuggets havent opened
up. I have Taiwan aged tea which is repeatedly baked over several
years. The burnt taste reminded me of it. The infused leaf color
almost black but a dark green looks like the Taiwan baked tea. It
looks like one pod one leaf. I am now on my 9th infusion with plenty
of taste.

Jim

Ginseng for diabetes 2 Amy[_3_] Diabetic 0 17-03-2008 02:14 PM
Ginseng for T2 Protagonist Diabetic 1 10-03-2008 01:37 AM
Ginseng and contaminants... brainfart Asian Cooking 1 17-10-2006 04:20 PM
help finding a tea(ginseng) ed Tea 0 15-06-2004 04:57 AM
Korean ginseng tea + hexachlorobenzene??? D Feldman Tea 0 27-12-2003 05:33 AM