Melinda

Default Foojoy Yunnan Tippy

I visited another Japanese/Asian market a couple of weeks ago and
bought this. I have not tried any other Yunnans, so I'm curious to
hear from others that have had this...I like it very well. Some
questions I have: it tastes similar to a Keemun to me...does anyone
else pick up on that? Is that normal for a Yunnan? And if so, what's
the difference between a Yunnan Golden Tips (I've been thinking about
trying one of those, either from ITC or from Teaspring) and a regular
Yunnan?

I am surprised that I like the Foojoy so well, since it was "off the
shelf" and an economical buy to me. I love it when that happens.

Melinda, home sick and everything tastes flat, Ugh.
DPM

"Melinda" > wrote in message
om...
> I visited another Japanese/Asian market a couple of weeks ago and
> bought this. I have not tried any other Yunnans, so I'm curious to
> hear from others that have had this...I like it very well. Some
> questions I have: it tastes similar to a Keemun to me...does anyone
> else pick up on that? Is that normal for a Yunnan? And if so, what's
> the difference between a Yunnan Golden Tips (I've been thinking about
> trying one of those, either from ITC or from Teaspring) and a regular
> Yunnan?
>
> I am surprised that I like the Foojoy so well, since it was "off the
> shelf" and an economical buy to me. I love it when that happens.
>

> Melinda, home sick and everything tastes flat, Ugh.

Melinda,

My sympathies - being sick is bad enough, but then when everything tastes
bad or not at all...!

Yes, I've noticed the similarities between Keemun and golden Yunnan. I have
some of both right now, and I notice they both share a smoky, leathery
quality that, if in balance, is attractive. The Yunnan has earthy/woody
notes, while the Keemun is more flowery. I like them both, they're just
different.

Regards,
Dean

DPM

om...

I want more FooJoy Space Cowboy Tea 0 28-03-2010 04:26 PM
Tippy Orthodox Assam GFOP Prof Wonmug Tea 34 07-10-2009 08:14 AM
Foojoy Puer cake Melinda Tea 15 29-01-2005 10:46 PM
Tippy Yunnan Helga Warzecha Tea 12 21-06-2004 10:02 PM
Greetings from Yunnan Karsten Tea 4 07-10-2003 09:00 AM