Martin Pentreath

Default "Brown Betty" teapot in UK? (Partly rant)

Can anyone tell me where I can actually buy one of these damn things
in the UK? I thought it would be pretty easy. However, I've visited
various likely shops in central London to no avail. If I search the
web, all I get is overseas "heritage shoppes" selling the things to
tourists at vastly inflated prices, along with china replicas of the
Queen Mother and tube-map fridge magnets.

I can get espresso machines and capucinno makers by the dozen, but
does anyone in this city actually use proper teapots any more (bah,
humbug).

Martin

Martin Pentreath wrote:
> Can anyone tell me where I can actually buy one of these damn things
> in the UK? I thought it would be pretty easy. However, I've visited
> various likely shops in central London to no avail. If I search the
> web, all I get is overseas "heritage shoppes" selling the things to
> tourists at vastly inflated prices, along with china replicas of the
> Queen Mother and tube-map fridge magnets.
>
> I can get espresso machines and capucinno makers by the dozen, but
> does anyone in this city actually use proper teapots any more (bah,
> humbug).
>
> Martin

This help any?;

<http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&safe=off&client=firefox-a&q=brown+betty+teapot++UK&btnG=Search>

TBerk
J Boehm

On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 07:55:59 -0700, Martin Pentreath wrote:

> Can anyone tell me where I can actually buy one of these damn things in
> the UK? I thought it would be pretty easy. However, I've visited various
> likely shops in central London to no avail. If I search the web, all I get
> is overseas "heritage shoppes" selling the things to tourists at vastly
> inflated prices, along with china replicas of the Queen Mother and
> tube-map fridge magnets.
>
> I can get espresso machines and capucinno makers by the dozen, but does
> anyone in this city actually use proper teapots any more (bah, humbug).
>
> Martin

Looks like they have them in Woodstock, just north of Oxford, in a small
corner shop. There are some sizes, thy cost around £20. Couldn't swear
whether they are actually Brown Betties, they look like them though.

JB

Tried a brown betty today Bonky Tea 0 08-05-2008 07:08 AM
Banana Brown Betty chef_rwmiller Recipes (moderated) 0 25-07-2006 04:18 AM
Apple Brown Betty Duckie ® Recipes 0 04-10-2005 08:40 PM
Brown Betty Teapot - Help! It has a very bad pour. ShoeGal Tea 8 25-06-2004 11:29 AM
Brown Betty Henry Tea 16 13-02-2004 06:44 PM