RB Watts

Default Tea Buzz?

Okay, this may seem a little silly, but does anyone else experience a
sort of high when drinking tea? Whenever I seem to drink a cup, I often
experience a sort of buzz that is unlike any other intoxication. I
become more alert, my mood changes favorably, the world seems better,
and the experience approaches the euphoric. It is a mild effect, but is
quite noticeable. I know what you may be thinking: it's the caffeine.
However, soft drinks have no effect and coffee is way too overpowering.
Also, the effects show up regardless of the caffeine content of the
tea. Anyone else experience this? Any idea of what causes this? Is it
purely psychosomatic, a placebo?
Falky foo

I think it's about time I told you I've been putting crack cocaine in your
tea for years.

"RB Watts" > wrote in message
news
> Okay, this may seem a little silly, but does anyone else experience a
> sort of high when drinking tea? Whenever I seem to drink a cup, I often
> experience a sort of buzz that is unlike any other intoxication. I
> become more alert, my mood changes favorably, the world seems better,
> and the experience approaches the euphoric. It is a mild effect, but is
> quite noticeable. I know what you may be thinking: it's the caffeine.
> However, soft drinks have no effect and coffee is way too overpowering.
> Also, the effects show up regardless of the caffeine content of the
> tea. Anyone else experience this? Any idea of what causes this? Is it
> purely psychosomatic, a placebo?

Mike Thadman

RB Watts > wrote in message >.. .
> Okay, this may seem a little silly, but does anyone else experience a
> sort of high when drinking tea? Whenever I seem to drink a cup, I often
> experience a sort of buzz that is unlike any other intoxication. I
> become more alert, my mood changes favorably, the world seems better,
> and the experience approaches the euphoric. It is a mild effect, but is
> quite noticeable. I know what you may be thinking: it's the caffeine.
> However, soft drinks have no effect and coffee is way too overpowering.
> Also, the effects show up regardless of the caffeine content of the
> tea. Anyone else experience this? Any idea of what causes this? Is it
> purely psychosomatic, a placebo?

I get the same way. I think it's just due to the whole ritual which
allows me to slow down for a few minutes while I wait for my tea to
brew, and then once it's ready, I breathe in deeply the arome of the
tea and then take a nice slow sip. I think all of that contributes to
the natural high. But that's my take on it.Either way you aren't
alone.

Get high naturally with tea! hahaha
Joseph Kubera

>>Whenever I seem to drink a cup, I often
>> experience a sort of buzz that is unlike any other intoxication. I
>> become more alert, my mood changes favorably, the world seems better,
>> and the experience approaches the euphoric.

Yes.

Someone once commented here that components in tea simultaneously sharpen the
mind and relax the nerves and muscles. Nice trick!

Joe Kubera

Joseph Kubera

>>Whenever I seem to drink a cup, I often
>> experience a sort of buzz that is unlike any other intoxication. I
>> become more alert, my mood changes favorably, the world seems better,
>> and the experience approaches the euphoric.

Yes.

Someone once commented here that components in tea simultaneously sharpen the
mind and relax the nerves and muscles. Nice trick!

Joe Kubera

bruce

> >>Whenever I seem to drink a cup, I often
> >> experience a sort of buzz that is unlike any other intoxication. I
> >> become more alert, my mood changes favorably, the world seems better,
> >> and the experience approaches the euphoric.

> Yes.
>
> Someone once commented here that components in tea simultaneously sharpen the
> mind and relax the nerves and muscles. Nice trick!
>
> Joe Kubera

>L-theanine is an amino acid found in abundance in tea leaves and is

relaxing :-)

Tea has a very noticeble effect on me also!