crymad

Default New postal regulations for food?

Joerg Dietrich wrote:

> DPM > wrote:
> > Actually, I took German in University, so although I'm really rusty, I can
> > make sense of the website. What I'm not sure of is if the company can or
> > will ship to the US. If you get a moment, would you be willing to check?

> They can and will ship to countries outside Germany after prior
> anrrangement but since April 1st cannot anymore ship to the US
> due to stricter import regulations for food products.

I just yesterday mentioned to Lew that the postal regulations in Japan
for sending foodstuffs to the US have recently become much more
stringent. Senders are now required to register with the post office
beforehand -- no more can someone just come in off the street and send a
package of, say, tea to loved ones overseas. How difficult the
"registration" process is, I still don't know. Were these changes
implemented by policy makers in the US?

--crymad
john cline ii

"Jeremy" wrote:

| Do what most of the rest of the world does when mailing, mark the
| package as some innocuos object e.g.. pair of gloves and a dollar
value
| of less than $15.

Getting caught doing this in SOME countries can subject the sender to
VERY severe penalties, including jail time. Just so you know...

john cline ii, who does not advise doing that...

john cline ii