Ripon

Default Eid & my tea party

Dear tea lover:

Now, I would like to tell you about the biggest Muslim festival Eid
and my up coming tea party-

After whole month of Holly Ramadan ( Muslim people fast daily from
5:00a.m. until 5:00 p.m., I don't because it is very difficult for me)
Happy Eid is coming within two or three days (depend of moon). This
year my friends and relatives requested me for special tea party with
special food. Well, why not. That's all I like- tea. We wake up early
morning go to pray then come back home and start eating from house to
house (friends & relatives). Greet each other, hug each others. That's
the tradition. It's three days event. I decided the first day to stay
home and entertain people with foods and tea ( with my own
experimental blend tea). Here are some details-

1) Morning(From 8:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m.):-

Foods- all sorts of sweets(traditional), Different kinds of eggs,
bread, pita, fruits

My selected teas are- makaibari 2nd flush Darjeeling, Ti guan Yin,
Sencha, Strong Assam and my own blend of Ripon's Eid gift( blend of
Assam, Yunnan Imperial, Keemun Hao ya A & Bangladeshi CTC BOP)

2) Afternoon(From 12:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.):-

Foods- Biriany( special fried rice with saffron), Chicken, beef and
mutton curry, Kabob(varities), Grilled tuna fish with creamy sauce,
Rosogolla ( very sweet made from milk and Suger), Sweet yogurt, fresh
garden salad

Selected teas are- Lapsang Souchong, Golden monkey, Yunnan Gold,
Irish breakfast blend, Hojicha, Ming Xiang Oolong, Ripon's afternoon
Eid gift( blend of Bangladeshi OP , Lapsang, Darjeeling, Keemun Hao ya
B)

3) Dinner(From 7:00 a.m. until 9:00 p.m.):-

Foods- varieties of Nun bread, kabob varieties (Only chicken and Pork
no beef because I invited over my Hindu and Christian friend), garden
fresh salad, Grilled tomatoes, potatoes and some other vegetables), A
whole roasted goat, Shrimp Malai Curry, varieties of sweet.

Selected teas- Gunpowder, Jasmine( Twining's brand), Yunnan imperial,
Masala Chai, Darjeeling, Ripon's evening Eid gift( Blend of
Bangladeshi CTC BOP, Cylon, Keemun with slight touch of Darjeeling)

Why this big arrangement? Because next couple of years I won't be in
Bangladesh to celebrate Eid. So want to really enjoy my Eid with my
friends and relatives. I never even arranged any big tea party like
this. Hope everything will go well.

Happy Eid Mubarak. I wish you all RFDT folks for a happy and peaceful
life. Happy Thanks giving and marry Christmas.

Ripon
(From Bangladesh)
Frayed

"Ripon" > wrote in message
om...
> Dear tea lover:
>
> Now, I would like to tell you about the biggest Muslim festival Eid
> and my up coming tea party-
>
> After whole month of Holly Ramadan ( Muslim people fast daily from
> 5:00a.m. until 5:00 p.m., I don't because it is very difficult for me)
> Happy Eid is coming within two or three days (depend of moon). This
> year my friends and relatives requested me for special tea party with
> special food. Well, why not. That's all I like- tea. We wake up early
> morning go to pray then come back home and start eating from house to
> house (friends & relatives). Greet each other, hug each others. That's
> the tradition. It's three days event. I decided the first day to stay
> home and entertain people with foods and tea ( with my own
> experimental blend tea). Here are some details-
>
> 1) Morning(From 8:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m.):-
>
> Foods- all sorts of sweets(traditional), Different kinds of eggs,
> bread, pita, fruits
>
> My selected teas are- makaibari 2nd flush Darjeeling, Ti guan Yin,
> Sencha, Strong Assam and my own blend of Ripon's Eid gift( blend of
> Assam, Yunnan Imperial, Keemun Hao ya A & Bangladeshi CTC BOP)
>
> 2) Afternoon(From 12:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.):-
>
> Foods- Biriany( special fried rice with saffron), Chicken, beef and
> mutton curry, Kabob(varities), Grilled tuna fish with creamy sauce,
> Rosogolla ( very sweet made from milk and Suger), Sweet yogurt, fresh
> garden salad
>
> Selected teas are- Lapsang Souchong, Golden monkey, Yunnan Gold,
> Irish breakfast blend, Hojicha, Ming Xiang Oolong, Ripon's afternoon
> Eid gift( blend of Bangladeshi OP , Lapsang, Darjeeling, Keemun Hao ya
> B)
>
> 3) Dinner(From 7:00 a.m. until 9:00 p.m.):-
>
> Foods- varieties of Nun bread, kabob varieties (Only chicken and Pork
> no beef because I invited over my Hindu and Christian friend), garden
> fresh salad, Grilled tomatoes, potatoes and some other vegetables), A
> whole roasted goat, Shrimp Malai Curry, varieties of sweet.
>
> Selected teas- Gunpowder, Jasmine( Twining's brand), Yunnan imperial,
> Masala Chai, Darjeeling, Ripon's evening Eid gift( Blend of
> Bangladeshi CTC BOP, Cylon, Keemun with slight touch of Darjeeling)
>
> Why this big arrangement? Because next couple of years I won't be in
> Bangladesh to celebrate Eid. So want to really enjoy my Eid with my
> friends and relatives. I never even arranged any big tea party like
> this. Hope everything will go well.
>
> Happy Eid Mubarak. I wish you all RFDT folks for a happy and peaceful
> life. Happy Thanks giving and marry Christmas.
>
> Ripon
> (From Bangladesh)

Happy Eid Mubarak and thank you for sharing your tradition, it sounds delightful.
--
Karen
"I want a busy life, a just mind and a timely death."

fLameDogg

On 2003-11-22, Ripon > wrote:
> Dear tea lover:

> 3) Dinner(From 7:00 a.m. until 9:00 p.m.):-

Wow. Dinner from 7 in the morning until 9 at night. I could go for
this holiday :O)

(Just kidding. I knew what you meant, and even I could not stand a
fourteen-hour dinner ;O)

> Happy Eid Mubarak. I wish you all RFDT folks for a happy and peaceful
> life. Happy Thanks giving and marry Christmas.

Thank you, Ripon, and the same to you. Enjoy your holiday. Happiness
and blessings to you.

--
fD
Tea

"Frayed" > wrote in message
hlink.net...

> "Ripon" > wrote in message
> om...
> > Dear tea lover:
>> > Happy Eid Mubarak. I wish you all RFDT folks for a happy and peaceful

> > life. Happy Thanks giving and marry Christmas.
> >
> > Ripon
> > (From Bangladesh)

Happy Eid Mubarak, Ripon! Thank you for the description- I'm salivating.

Agalena

"Ripon" > wrote in message
om...
> Dear tea lover:
>
> Now, I would like to tell you about the biggest Muslim festival Eid
> and my up coming tea party-
>
> After whole month of Holly Ramadan ( Muslim people fast daily from
> 5:00a.m. until 5:00 p.m., I don't because it is very difficult for me)
> Happy Eid is coming within two or three days (depend of moon). This
> year my friends and relatives requested me for special tea party with
> special food. Well, why not. That's all I like- tea. We wake up early
> morning go to pray then come back home and start eating from house to
> house (friends & relatives). Greet each other, hug each others. That's
> the tradition. It's three days event. I decided the first day to stay
> home and entertain people with foods and tea ( with my own
> experimental blend tea). Here are some details-
>
> 1) Morning(From 8:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m.):-
>
> Foods- all sorts of sweets(traditional), Different kinds of eggs,
> bread, pita, fruits
>
> My selected teas are- makaibari 2nd flush Darjeeling, Ti guan Yin,
> Sencha, Strong Assam and my own blend of Ripon's Eid gift( blend of
> Assam, Yunnan Imperial, Keemun Hao ya A & Bangladeshi CTC BOP)
>
> 2) Afternoon(From 12:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.):-
>
> Foods- Biriany( special fried rice with saffron), Chicken, beef and
> mutton curry, Kabob(varities), Grilled tuna fish with creamy sauce,
> Rosogolla ( very sweet made from milk and Suger), Sweet yogurt, fresh
> garden salad
>
> Selected teas are- Lapsang Souchong, Golden monkey, Yunnan Gold,
> Irish breakfast blend, Hojicha, Ming Xiang Oolong, Ripon's afternoon
> Eid gift( blend of Bangladeshi OP , Lapsang, Darjeeling, Keemun Hao ya
> B)
>
> 3) Dinner(From 7:00 a.m. until 9:00 p.m.):-
>
> Foods- varieties of Nun bread, kabob varieties (Only chicken and Pork
> no beef because I invited over my Hindu and Christian friend), garden
> fresh salad, Grilled tomatoes, potatoes and some other vegetables), A
> whole roasted goat, Shrimp Malai Curry, varieties of sweet.
>
> Selected teas- Gunpowder, Jasmine( Twining's brand), Yunnan imperial,
> Masala Chai, Darjeeling, Ripon's evening Eid gift( Blend of
> Bangladeshi CTC BOP, Cylon, Keemun with slight touch of Darjeeling)
>
> Why this big arrangement? Because next couple of years I won't be in
> Bangladesh to celebrate Eid. So want to really enjoy my Eid with my
> friends and relatives. I never even arranged any big tea party like
> this. Hope everything will go well.
>
> Happy Eid Mubarak. I wish you all RFDT folks for a happy and peaceful
> life. Happy Thanks giving and marry Christmas.
>
> Ripon
> (From Bangladesh)

It sounds wonderful, Ripon! I hope you have help preparing all that food!
Our Thanksgiving holiday is coming up this week, and just making one big
dinner (turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, vegetables, apple pie) is
enough work for me. I haven't even thought of what teas we should have.
Happy Eid Mubarak!

Agalena

Ripon

fLameDogg > wrote in message >...
> On 2003-11-22, Ripon > wrote:
> > Dear tea lover:

> > 3) Dinner(From 7:00 a.m. until 9:00 p.m.):-

Thanks for your wishes guys. Sorry for the typing mistake-

DINNER-from 7:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m.

Ripon
(From Bangladesh)
Tee King

. com...

8<-----8<-----8<Lovely details snipped >8----->8----->8

>> Why this big arrangement? Because next couple of years I won't be in
>> Bangladesh to celebrate Eid. So want to really enjoy my Eid with my
>> friends and relatives. I never even arranged any big tea party like
>> this. Hope everything will go well.
>>
>> Happy Eid Mubarak. I wish you all RFDT folks for a happy and peaceful
>> life. Happy Thanks giving and marry Christmas.
>>
>> Ripon
>> (From Bangladesh)

Truly a movable feast, Ripon! It sounds delectable.

·.·´¨ ¨)) :¤:
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
Tee
((¸¸.·´ ..·´
:¤: ((¸¸ ·.·

http://www.geocities.com/tee_king
Remove -no-spam- to email me.
Someone you know

Being a Muslim myself, I felt compelled to comment on some things, as well
as add the traditions of my part of the world.

> After whole month of Holly Ramadan ( Muslim people fast daily from
> 5:00a.m. until 5:00 p.m., I don't because it is very difficult for me)

I spent one Ramadan not fasting because I was so sick and in the hospital.
I'm sorry that you aren't fasting this year and I hope that inshallah you
will be able to fast the next one.

For those of you who don't know: the only people exempt from fasting are
those that are too sick, or travelling. And even these people need to
either fast another time of the year or pay to feed other people. The
spirit of Ramadan is of restraining yourself from this world so you can
focus on the spiritual matters.

Also, the fast goes from sunup to sundown, and in in the winter months it is
only from 5 to 5, but in the summer months it can go from 4am to 10pm (at
least in the area where I live). Muslims live their lives by the sun and
the moon and not so much by the clock.

Ramadan moves back about 10 days every year because Ramadan is a month of
the lunar year, which is about 10 days shorter than the solar year. So, in
about 36 years or so, Eid will once again be right around Thanksgiving.

During Ramadan

> Happy Eid is coming within two or three days (depend of moon). This
> year my friends and relatives requested me for special tea party with
> special food. Well, why not. That's all I like- tea. We wake up early
> morning go to pray then come back home and start eating from house to
> house (friends & relatives). Greet each other, hug each others. That's
> the tradition. It's three days event. I decided the first day to stay
> home and entertain people with foods and tea ( with my own
> experimental blend tea). Here are some details-
>
> 1) Morning(From 8:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m.):-
>
> Foods- all sorts of sweets(traditional), Different kinds of eggs,
> bread, pita, fruits
>
> My selected teas are- makaibari 2nd flush Darjeeling, Ti guan Yin,
> Sencha, Strong Assam and my own blend of Ripon's Eid gift( blend of
> Assam, Yunnan Imperial, Keemun Hao ya A & Bangladeshi CTC BOP)

It was the practice of Muhammad (saws) not to eat anything before the Eid
prayer, so he would fast untill Eid was formally announced with the prayer.
We have no breakfast at my house, but we all gather together for an early
lunch that has so far included varieties of Darjeelings and Assams. There
is also *gasp* coffee, but most people in my family prefer tea. Last
year we had a good time going out and having bubble tea for the first time.

> 2) Afternoon(From 12:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.):-
>
> Foods- Biriany( special fried rice with saffron), Chicken, beef and
> mutton curry, Kabob(varities), Grilled tuna fish with creamy sauce,
> Rosogolla ( very sweet made from milk and Suger), Sweet yogurt, fresh
> garden salad
>
> Selected teas are- Lapsang Souchong, Golden monkey, Yunnan Gold,
> Irish breakfast blend, Hojicha, Ming Xiang Oolong, Ripon's afternoon
> Eid gift( blend of Bangladeshi OP , Lapsang, Darjeeling, Keemun Hao ya
> B)

We thought about having another meal at this time, but usually the one from
before is still going on. My family tends to have long meals during Eid
where there are many many courses and people sit around the dinner table
enjoying foods in little bites and catching up. Last year my Eid gathering
had 4 different families with many kids. Kids favorite foods were the
finger foods that they could come to the table and pop in their mouth and go
on their merry way. Also last year we decided to let the kids have some tea
so a special tea set was purchased with smaller size cups which were very
wide to let the tea cool faster for them. They enjoyed it very much.

> 3) Dinner(From 7:00 a.m. until 9:00 p.m.):-
>
> Foods- varieties of Nun bread, kabob varieties (Only chicken and Pork
> no beef because I invited over my Hindu and Christian friend), garden
> fresh salad, Grilled tomatoes, potatoes and some other vegetables), A
> whole roasted goat, Shrimp Malai Curry, varieties of sweet.
>
> Selected teas- Gunpowder, Jasmine( Twining's brand), Yunnan imperial,
> Masala Chai, Darjeeling, Ripon's evening Eid gift( Blend of
> Bangladeshi CTC BOP, Cylon, Keemun with slight touch of Darjeeling)

I don't know why you serve pork to Muslims. Pork is forbidden. There are
several places in the Qur'an which explicitly forbid it. Perhaps it was a
typo?

By this time, people in my family have had some 10 courses (if not more) all
made by different people all served during the same dinner. Each course
gets enough time by itself so that it can be enjoyed. The only times we go
away form the table is to do prayers together, which in itself is a
magnificent sight. We move all the furniture to the sides and there are
rows of people all standing in worship. Even the kids, which are usually
roaming around between the rows are invited to stand in prayer. Last year
those that had too much tea were kind of bouncy (I guess the caffeine and
the suggar) but they did a good job of appearing for all the prayers.

> Why this big arrangement? Because next couple of years I won't be in
> Bangladesh to celebrate Eid. So want to really enjoy my Eid with my
> friends and relatives. I never even arranged any big tea party like
> this. Hope everything will go well.
>
> Happy Eid Mubarak. I wish you all RFDT folks for a happy and peaceful
> life. Happy Thanks giving and marry Christmas.

I know what you mean by being separated from your family. When I went away
to college I never had the oppurtunity to take enough time of for Eid to go
visit my family. I used to make it up to myself by wearing my Eid clothes
to class and work and then going to dinner at my friends houses once I was
done with my work day. In the latter years, I've gotten a little bit
bolder with my bosses and I try to schedule vacation days right around Eid
so that I can have enough time to cook and buy presents. It's been
wonderful. I should tell you guys that thanks to this news group several of
my friends and family are getting gifts of tea.

Thank you for sharing your traditions, and Eid Mubarak,

-= me =-

Someone you know

I started this paragraph and then got distracted, so let me finish it:

> During Ramadan

During Ramadan my husband and I wake up around 4:00 am so that we have
enough time for a good meal before fasting. I usually have something
prepared from the night before or have something in the oven that has been
slowly baking all night. We also drink tea at this time, and it is
usally a black tea, usually Assam or Darjeeling. Most often Assam, now that
I think about it. It feels like both of us need that cup of tea before
continuing on with our day. Once finished with our tea, we begin our fast.
We usually go to the mosque for early morning prayers. (Muslims pray 5 times
a day, first one right after dawn.)

In the evening, we break our fast with water and dates. This is a practice
of Muhammad (saws) as he liked to break his fast with either of those.
After evening prayers, we have a light meal and usually a green tea.
Lately, it's been a China Gunpowder. Very nice in the evening. Then we
go to the mosque for night prayers and special Ramadan prayers called
Taraweeh. This can go on for several hours but it feels wonderful.
Afterwards we usually go home to another cup of tea and a snack and get
ready for sleep.

One thing that's occured to me during fast is how little food one needs to
live on, but I've found my day lacking very much if I don't have several
cups of tea. It is so nice to be able to sit down with my husband or my
friends and share the experience of drinking tea.

Have a peaceful day,

-=someone=-

Tea

"Someone you know" > wrote in message
> I started this paragraph and then got distracted, so let me finish it:
>
> > During Ramadan

> During Ramadan my husband and I wake up around 4:00 am so that we have
> enough time for a good meal before fasting. I usually have something
> prepared from the night before or have something in the oven that has been
> slowly baking all night. We also drink tea at this time, and it is
> usally a black tea, usually Assam or Darjeeling. Most often Assam, now

that
> I think about it. It feels like both of us need that cup of tea before
> continuing on with our day. Once finished with our tea, we begin our

fast.
> We usually go to the mosque for early morning prayers. (Muslims pray 5

times
> a day, first one right after dawn.)
>
> In the evening, we break our fast with water and dates. This is a

practice
> of Muhammad (saws) as he liked to break his fast with either of those.
> After evening prayers, we have a light meal and usually a green tea.
> Lately, it's been a China Gunpowder. Very nice in the evening. Then

we
> go to the mosque for night prayers and special Ramadan prayers called
> Taraweeh. This can go on for several hours but it feels wonderful.
> Afterwards we usually go home to another cup of tea and a snack and get
> ready for sleep.
>
> One thing that's occured to me during fast is how little food one needs to
> live on, but I've found my day lacking very much if I don't have several
> cups of tea. It is so nice to be able to sit down with my husband or my
> friends and share the experience of drinking tea.
>
> Have a peaceful day,
>
> -=someone=-

Thanks for your two posts. I'm wondering about the pork also, since I know
that pork is strictly forbidden. The observant Moslems and Jews I know won't
even have it in the house, regardless of where it has been prepared.

Someone you know

> Thanks for your two posts. I'm wondering about the pork also, since I
know
> that pork is strictly forbidden. The observant Moslems and Jews I know

won't
> even have it in the house, regardless of where it has been prepared.

Perhaps the original poster got confused.

In my case, no pork or alcohol comes in my house. Also, no products with
animal bi-products of pork or uncertain origin (think gelatin or glycerin)
or alcohol. Usually, I have to check all the candy that any kids bring
over to make sure it's ok to eat. It's amazing how many products out there
have animal by-products in them. (Altoids? Dishwashing liquid? Ice-cream?
Yogurt? All usually have gelatin or glycerin in them.)

Lucky for me, tea is usually fine. I've heard some of the flavoured teas
(cheap kinds usually) out there having 'haram' (forbidden) ingredients, but
I don't drink those anyways.

-=someone=-