Margaret Suran

Default The Party's O-v-v-er-r-r

Barb here, your intrepid reporter from The Big Apple, on the eve of
the New York Marathon. Woo-hoo.

The last dog's been hung, the leftovers have been scattered to
Philadelphia, Connecticut, Pittsburgh, Queens, Joisey, and the West
Side, and we found Michael. No harm, no foul.

What a fine bunch! Stan arrived first, followed shortly by Sheryl,
Jack, then Boron and Kate Connally. And then the rest: My friend John
(a high school classmate and jam fiend who lives in south Jersey),
Goomba and her friend SueEllen; Curly Sue and her niece, Maxine From
Rhode Island (joined later by her husband, daughter, and exchange
student daughter), and Michael and Marcel. Maxine brought Rhode
Island treats for Margaret, Michael, and me -- coffee syrup, clam
chowder, Dunkin Donuts coffee,her homemade Concord grape jelly, and a
dishtowel. I can't wait to have the chowder. Margaret Mesta, the
Upper East Side's Hostess with the Mostess, and I completed the group.
We were joined in spirit by Margaret's friend, Jillie Delgado.
Jillie's presence was felt (hah!) in the form of four lovely bottles
of wine she had delivered to Margaret a couple days ago.

Margaret had been working since before dawn, assembling the foods --
corned beef, pastrami, roast beast, shrimps, lox, the accoutrements
for the lox, four kinds of pickles, olives wazoo, bagels, rye and
pumpernickel from Orwasher's, crackers, toasts from Agata and
Valentina, the cheese board, the fruit salad, egg salad, a little
tabbouleh, pickled mushrooms, and sun-dried tomatoes.

I had brought some homemade boursin-like cheese spread, sausage from
Kramarczuk's, and three kinds of pickles (including my Bread & Butter
Pickles). Pastrami, shrimps, and lox aside, I was *extremely* pleased
that the Polish was particularly enjoyed, along with the cheese
spread. I buy the Polish occasionally, and make the cheese spread a
couple times a year, and I was just purely tickled that folks enjoyed
both.

The dessert table included fresh fruit; cheesecake and chocolate
mousse cake from Agata and Valentina, Margaret's *wonderful* chocolate
chip cookies, and apricot strudel from Zabar's.

We fed our faces in the living room with sausage and cheese and grapes
and Bloody Marys. Sheryl does a credible job with Bloody Mary
construction. I only had two. Goomba likes wine. (We might just
have another lush in the bunch, kids.) SueEllen likes ---- TAB! I
thought long and hard before saying yes, she could have one of my TaB
stash. But I did. It was the ultimate sacrifice, gladly made.

We talked and laughed and ate. And ate. And ate.

Michael snuck out for smokes. He was looking on the tired side and
zonked out beside me on the couch for a bit, I think. At one point he
went missing for several hours, leaving us near panic about where in
hell he disappeared to, only to be found sound asleep on Margaret's
bed. :-/ I'm thinking he's got a ways to go before he gets his
strength back. Selfishly, I'm glad he came. It was good to meet him --
I've another face for an rfc friend's name.

Folks began leaving around 3:30 or so; a couple were here until 6:00.
I believe everyone but Jack and Michael took something home. I am
now convinced that Margaret over-provides so that she can send people
home with full arms. I am convinced. Check the dictionary under
Jewish Mother -- you'll see her picture there.

The New York Marathon runs tomorrow and we had a very special treat
around 8:00 p.m. -- fireworks! They were being shot from Central Park
and there's a very tall building between Margaret's and the park, but
the very very cool part is that we could see the *reflections* of the
fireworks on some of the buildings in the near distance. Pretty cool.

Margaret has toddled off to bed, and I'm considering it; I'm feeling
the slightest hint of some chest congestion and I've two more days to
enjoy here! Gotta be healthy.

(If the coast is clear, I may check the fridge for a little nosh.)

-Barb

Wayne Boatwright

Margaret Suran > wrote in
:

> Margaret had been working since before dawn, assembling the foods --
> corned beef, pastrami, roast beast, shrimps, lox, the accoutrements
> for the lox, four kinds of pickles, olives wazoo, bagels, rye and
> pumpernickel from Orwasher's, crackers, toasts from Agata and
> Valentina, the cheese board, the fruit salad, egg salad, a little
> tabbouleh, pickled mushrooms, and sun-dried tomatoes.

Barb, it sounds like a wonderful and tasty time was had by all! All of the
foods sound fabulous. Did you like the breads from Orwasher's? It's my
favorite bread bakery in Manhattan.

When I lived in NE Ohio I used to get to NYC at least 3-4 times a year. I
miss that!

--
Wayne in Phoenix

*A mind is a terrible thing to lose.
Wayne Boatwright

Margaret Suran > wrote in
:

> Margaret had been working since before dawn, assembling the foods --
> corned beef, pastrami, roast beast, shrimps, lox, the accoutrements
> for the lox, four kinds of pickles, olives wazoo, bagels, rye and
> pumpernickel from Orwasher's, crackers, toasts from Agata and
> Valentina, the cheese board, the fruit salad, egg salad, a little
> tabbouleh, pickled mushrooms, and sun-dried tomatoes.

Barb, it sounds like a wonderful and tasty time was had by all! All of the
foods sound fabulous. Did you like the breads from Orwasher's? It's my
favorite bread bakery in Manhattan.

When I lived in NE Ohio I used to get to NYC at least 3-4 times a year. I
miss that!

--
Wayne in Phoenix

*A mind is a terrible thing to lose.
Boron Elgar

On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 22:31:22 -0500, Margaret Suran
> wrote:

>Barb here, your intrepid reporter from The Big Apple, on the eve of
>the New York Marathon. Woo-hoo.
>
>The last dog's been hung, the leftovers have been scattered to
>Philadelphia, Connecticut, Pittsburgh, Queens, Joisey, and the West
>Side, and we found Michael. No harm, no foul.
>
>What a fine bunch!

Indeed it was. What a terrific afternoon! What great food! What fine
company!

>(If the coast is clear, I may check the fridge for a little nosh.)

Bless you, my dear. I am still stuffed.

Kiss Margaret for me. Once again, she displayed her elegant and
excellent hostess talents. My most sincere thanks to her for her many
kindnesses.

To all who attended, it was a pleasure to spend the afternoon with
you. You made my day.

Boron
Boron Elgar

On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 22:31:22 -0500, Margaret Suran
> wrote:

>Barb here, your intrepid reporter from The Big Apple, on the eve of
>the New York Marathon. Woo-hoo.
>
>The last dog's been hung, the leftovers have been scattered to
>Philadelphia, Connecticut, Pittsburgh, Queens, Joisey, and the West
>Side, and we found Michael. No harm, no foul.
>
>What a fine bunch!

Indeed it was. What a terrific afternoon! What great food! What fine
company!

>(If the coast is clear, I may check the fridge for a little nosh.)

Bless you, my dear. I am still stuffed.

Kiss Margaret for me. Once again, she displayed her elegant and
excellent hostess talents. My most sincere thanks to her for her many
kindnesses.

To all who attended, it was a pleasure to spend the afternoon with
you. You made my day.

Boron

Boron Elgar

On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 22:31:22 -0500, Margaret Suran
> wrote:

>Barb here, your intrepid reporter from The Big Apple, on the eve of
>the New York Marathon. Woo-hoo.
>
>The last dog's been hung, the leftovers have been scattered to
>Philadelphia, Connecticut, Pittsburgh, Queens, Joisey, and the West
>Side, and we found Michael. No harm, no foul.
>
>What a fine bunch!

Indeed it was. What a terrific afternoon! What great food! What fine
company!

>(If the coast is clear, I may check the fridge for a little nosh.)

Bless you, my dear. I am still stuffed.

Kiss Margaret for me. Once again, she displayed her elegant and
excellent hostess talents. My most sincere thanks to her for her many
kindnesses.

To all who attended, it was a pleasure to spend the afternoon with
you. You made my day.

Boron
Stan Horwitz

In article >,
Margaret Suran > wrote:

> Barb here, your intrepid reporter from The Big Apple, on the eve of
> the New York Marathon. Woo-hoo.
>
> The last dog's been hung, the leftovers have been scattered to
> Philadelphia, Connecticut, Pittsburgh, Queens, Joisey, and the West
> Side, and we found Michael. No harm, no foul.

A wonderful afternoon was had by all. The company and the food were
outstanding! Margaret's brunch was well worth the 90 miles (each way) I
drove to get there. When I woke up Saturday morning, I was debating
calling Margaret and Barb to give my regrets because I am a little under
the weather, but I am glad I went. The conversation was great and we
each got to catch up on each other's lives.

As for the food, I liked the two kinds of smoked sausage Barb served.
The roast beef was some of the best I have ever eaten. The lox from
Zabar's was outstanding, as were the bagels and other breads. This was
the first time I tasted pickled mushrooms, but not the last time. The
desserts were great. Since I was already full, I did not taste the
chocolate cake, but it looked tempting. The strudel and NY cheesecake
were superb. Since I had to drive, I avoided drinking any alcohol.

Placing faces behind Michael and Goomba for the first time and seeing
the other RFCers whom I have previously met was a pleasure. I am
surprised that Barb and Maxine didn't mention the photo session with us
wearing Gedney pickle hats. Another remarkable aspect of the evening
came when I drove home and I actually remembered to take the Lincoln
Tunnel (instead of the Holland Tunnel) to get to the NJ Turnpike, and I
actually found the tunnel, despite the poor signs. The Lincoln Tunnel
was definitely a lot faster than the Holland Tunnel.
Stan Horwitz

In article >,
Margaret Suran > wrote:

> Barb here, your intrepid reporter from The Big Apple, on the eve of
> the New York Marathon. Woo-hoo.
>
> The last dog's been hung, the leftovers have been scattered to
> Philadelphia, Connecticut, Pittsburgh, Queens, Joisey, and the West
> Side, and we found Michael. No harm, no foul.

A wonderful afternoon was had by all. The company and the food were
outstanding! Margaret's brunch was well worth the 90 miles (each way) I
drove to get there. When I woke up Saturday morning, I was debating
calling Margaret and Barb to give my regrets because I am a little under
the weather, but I am glad I went. The conversation was great and we
each got to catch up on each other's lives.

As for the food, I liked the two kinds of smoked sausage Barb served.
The roast beef was some of the best I have ever eaten. The lox from
Zabar's was outstanding, as were the bagels and other breads. This was
the first time I tasted pickled mushrooms, but not the last time. The
desserts were great. Since I was already full, I did not taste the
chocolate cake, but it looked tempting. The strudel and NY cheesecake
were superb. Since I had to drive, I avoided drinking any alcohol.

Placing faces behind Michael and Goomba for the first time and seeing
the other RFCers whom I have previously met was a pleasure. I am
surprised that Barb and Maxine didn't mention the photo session with us
wearing Gedney pickle hats. Another remarkable aspect of the evening
came when I drove home and I actually remembered to take the Lincoln
Tunnel (instead of the Holland Tunnel) to get to the NJ Turnpike, and I
actually found the tunnel, despite the poor signs. The Lincoln Tunnel
was definitely a lot faster than the Holland Tunnel.
Stan Horwitz

In article >,
Margaret Suran > wrote:

> Barb here, your intrepid reporter from The Big Apple, on the eve of
> the New York Marathon. Woo-hoo.
>
> The last dog's been hung, the leftovers have been scattered to
> Philadelphia, Connecticut, Pittsburgh, Queens, Joisey, and the West
> Side, and we found Michael. No harm, no foul.

A wonderful afternoon was had by all. The company and the food were
outstanding! Margaret's brunch was well worth the 90 miles (each way) I
drove to get there. When I woke up Saturday morning, I was debating
calling Margaret and Barb to give my regrets because I am a little under
the weather, but I am glad I went. The conversation was great and we
each got to catch up on each other's lives.

As for the food, I liked the two kinds of smoked sausage Barb served.
The roast beef was some of the best I have ever eaten. The lox from
Zabar's was outstanding, as were the bagels and other breads. This was
the first time I tasted pickled mushrooms, but not the last time. The
desserts were great. Since I was already full, I did not taste the
chocolate cake, but it looked tempting. The strudel and NY cheesecake
were superb. Since I had to drive, I avoided drinking any alcohol.

Placing faces behind Michael and Goomba for the first time and seeing
the other RFCers whom I have previously met was a pleasure. I am
surprised that Barb and Maxine didn't mention the photo session with us
wearing Gedney pickle hats. Another remarkable aspect of the evening
came when I drove home and I actually remembered to take the Lincoln
Tunnel (instead of the Holland Tunnel) to get to the NJ Turnpike, and I
actually found the tunnel, despite the poor signs. The Lincoln Tunnel
was definitely a lot faster than the Holland Tunnel.
Stan Horwitz

In article >,
Wayne Boatwright > wrote:

> Margaret Suran > wrote in
> :
>
> > Margaret had been working since before dawn, assembling the foods --
> > corned beef, pastrami, roast beast, shrimps, lox, the accoutrements
> > for the lox, four kinds of pickles, olives wazoo, bagels, rye and
> > pumpernickel from Orwasher's, crackers, toasts from Agata and
> > Valentina, the cheese board, the fruit salad, egg salad, a little
> > tabbouleh, pickled mushrooms, and sun-dried tomatoes.

> Barb, it sounds like a wonderful and tasty time was had by all! All of the
> foods sound fabulous. Did you like the breads from Orwasher's? It's my
> favorite bread bakery in Manhattan.
>
> When I lived in NE Ohio I used to get to NYC at least 3-4 times a year. I
> miss that!

I can't speak for Barb, but I sure did like that bread. I did not try
all the varieties Margaret served. The rye was wonderful, likewise
for the pumplenickle (which I am sure I spelled wrong). The bagels were
quite good too. Oh, and I really appreciate Margaret putting out some
Heinz ketchup for me, which I did use with the roast beast, but just
a little.

Thank you Margaret. You're so kind.

Stan Horwitz

In article >,
Wayne Boatwright > wrote:

> Margaret Suran > wrote in
> :
>
> > Margaret had been working since before dawn, assembling the foods --
> > corned beef, pastrami, roast beast, shrimps, lox, the accoutrements
> > for the lox, four kinds of pickles, olives wazoo, bagels, rye and
> > pumpernickel from Orwasher's, crackers, toasts from Agata and
> > Valentina, the cheese board, the fruit salad, egg salad, a little
> > tabbouleh, pickled mushrooms, and sun-dried tomatoes.

> Barb, it sounds like a wonderful and tasty time was had by all! All of the
> foods sound fabulous. Did you like the breads from Orwasher's? It's my
> favorite bread bakery in Manhattan.
>
> When I lived in NE Ohio I used to get to NYC at least 3-4 times a year. I
> miss that!

I can't speak for Barb, but I sure did like that bread. I did not try
all the varieties Margaret served. The rye was wonderful, likewise
for the pumplenickle (which I am sure I spelled wrong). The bagels were
quite good too. Oh, and I really appreciate Margaret putting out some
Heinz ketchup for me, which I did use with the roast beast, but just
a little.

Thank you Margaret. You're so kind.
Wayne Boatwright

Stan Horwitz > wrote in news:stan-372F08.00580307112004@news-
40.giganews.com:

> I can't speak for Barb, but I sure did like that bread. I did not try
> all the varieties Margaret served. The rye was wonderful, likewise
> for the pumplenickle (which I am sure I spelled wrong). The bagels were
> quite good too. Oh, and I really appreciate Margaret putting out some
> Heinz ketchup for me, which I did use with the roast beast, but just
> a little.

Glad to hear you enjoyed everything, Stan. I doubt there's anyone who
surpasses Margaret's hospitality. Heinz is the only ketchup in our house. I
really like it, but probably don't put it on as many things as you do. <g>
As AMOF, today I bought a bottle of the new Heinz Kick'rs Ketchup with
Tobasco. It's tasty!

--
Wayne in Phoenix

*A mind is a terrible thing to lose.
Wayne Boatwright

Stan Horwitz > wrote in news:stan-372F08.00580307112004@news-
40.giganews.com:

> I can't speak for Barb, but I sure did like that bread. I did not try
> all the varieties Margaret served. The rye was wonderful, likewise
> for the pumplenickle (which I am sure I spelled wrong). The bagels were
> quite good too. Oh, and I really appreciate Margaret putting out some
> Heinz ketchup for me, which I did use with the roast beast, but just
> a little.

Glad to hear you enjoyed everything, Stan. I doubt there's anyone who
surpasses Margaret's hospitality. Heinz is the only ketchup in our house. I
really like it, but probably don't put it on as many things as you do. <g>
As AMOF, today I bought a bottle of the new Heinz Kick'rs Ketchup with
Tobasco. It's tasty!

--
Wayne in Phoenix

*A mind is a terrible thing to lose.
Jack Schidt®

"Margaret Suran" > wrote in message
> [...]
> believe everyone but Jack and Michael took something home. I am now
> convinced that Margaret over-provides so that she can send people home
> with full arms. I am convinced. Check the dictionary under Jewish
> Mother -- you'll see her picture there.
>
> The New York Marathon runs tomorrow and we had a very special treat around
> 8:00 p.m. -- fireworks! They were being shot from Central Park and there's
> a very tall building between Margaret's and the park, but the very very
> cool part is that we could see the *reflections* of the fireworks on some
> of the buildings in the near distance. Pretty cool.
>
> Margaret has toddled off to bed, and I'm considering it; I'm feeling the
> slightest hint of some chest congestion and I've two more days to enjoy
> here! Gotta be healthy.
>
> (If the coast is clear, I may check the fridge for a little nosh.)

I think you about covered it, Barb. Between the terrific brunch and today's
rail fan trip in Brooklyn, I had a full weekend. Good folks and good food
(and drink). What else do ya need?

(Barb and Margaret were competing for the smart-ass crown, but I was ready
for 'em. More than ready, trust me)

Jack Yawning

Jack Schidt®

> [...]
> 8:00 p.m. -- fireworks! They were being shot from Central Park and there's
> a very tall building between Margaret's and the park, but the very very
> cool part is that we could see the *reflections* of the fireworks on some
> of the buildings in the near distance. Pretty cool.
>
> Margaret has toddled off to bed, and I'm considering it; I'm feeling the
> slightest hint of some chest congestion and I've two more days to enjoy
> here! Gotta be healthy.
>
> (If the coast is clear, I may check the fridge for a little nosh.)
>
> -Barb

I think you about covered it, Barb. Between the terrific brunch and today's
rail fan trip in Brooklyn, I had a full weekend. Good folks and good food
(and drink). What else do ya need?

(Barb and Margaret were competing for the smart-ass crown, but I was ready

Curly Sue

On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 22:31:22 -0500, Margaret Suran
> wrote:

>Barb here, your intrepid reporter from The Big Apple, on the eve of
>the New York Marathon. Woo-hoo.

<snip>
>Folks began leaving around 3:30 or so; a couple were here until 6:00.
> I believe everyone but Jack and Michael took something home. I am
>now convinced that Margaret over-provides so that she can send people
>home with full arms. I am convinced. Check the dictionary under
>Jewish Mother -- you'll see her picture there.

Now, how long did it take you to figure that out????

>Margaret has toddled off to bed, and I'm considering it; I'm feeling
>the slightest hint of some chest congestion and I've two more days to
>enjoy here! Gotta be healthy.

I hope the congestion didn't develop into anything.

It was a lot of fun seeing everyone! It's so nice to have Margaret to
host these events and all the good friends who are willing and able to
travel and get together. :>

Sue(tm)
Curly Sue

:

>> Barb here, your intrepid reporter from The Big Apple, on the eve of
>> the New York Marathon. Woo-hoo.
>>
>> The last dog's been hung, the leftovers have been scattered to
>> Philadelphia, Connecticut, Pittsburgh, Queens, Joisey, and the West
>> Side, and we found Michael. No harm, no foul.

>I was full, drunk and asleep in the bedroom with Tandora hiding somewhere.

And I thought it was something I said!

>It was GREAT meeting all the rfcers and the non rfcers. I can finally put a
>face to the name on so many people. Jack Schidt surprised me. He looks
>really young for his age and it ****es me off Almost everyone else
>looked like I imagined except Curly Sue. For some reason I pictured her
>with red hair. I don't know why.

Hmmm, I'll have to think about that...

Now that you've made it out here, we'll be expecting you'll be a
regular at future Suran shindigs :>

Sue(tm)
Curly Sue

On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 12:34:25 -0000, Dog3 <dognospam@adjfkdla;not>
wrote:

>I shall make as many of Margaret's parties as I can. I hope to see you at
>all of them. Next time, humor me and dye your hair red, will you
>
>Michael

Then I'd look too much like my sister! (except she's thinner than me
:<)

Sue(tm)
Kate Connally

Margaret Suran wrote:

> Barb here, your intrepid reporter from The Big Apple, on the eve of
> the New York Marathon. Woo-hoo.
>
> The last dog's been hung, the leftovers have been scattered to
> Philadelphia, Connecticut, Pittsburgh, Queens, Joisey, and the West
> Side, and we found Michael. No harm, no foul.
>
> What a fine bunch! Stan arrived first, followed shortly by Sheryl,
> Jack, then Boron and Kate Connally. And then the rest: My friend John
> (a high school classmate and jam fiend who lives in south Jersey),
> Goomba and her friend SueEllen; Curly Sue and her niece, Maxine From
> Rhode Island (joined later by her husband, daughter, and exchange
> student daughter), and Michael and Marcel. Maxine brought Rhode
> Island treats for Margaret, Michael, and me -- coffee syrup, clam
> chowder, Dunkin Donuts coffee,her homemade Concord grape jelly, and a
> dishtowel. I can't wait to have the chowder. Margaret Mesta, the
> Upper East Side's Hostess with the Mostess, and I completed the group.
> We were joined in spirit by Margaret's friend, Jillie Delgado.
> Jillie's presence was felt (hah!) in the form of four lovely bottles
> of wine she had delivered to Margaret a couple days ago.
>
> Margaret had been working since before dawn, assembling the foods --
> corned beef, pastrami, roast beast, shrimps, lox, the accoutrements
> for the lox, four kinds of pickles, olives wazoo, bagels, rye and
> pumpernickel from Orwasher's, crackers, toasts from Agata and
> Valentina, the cheese board, the fruit salad, egg salad, a little
> tabbouleh, pickled mushrooms, and sun-dried tomatoes.
>
> I had brought some homemade boursin-like cheese spread, sausage from
> Kramarczuk's, and three kinds of pickles (including my Bread & Butter
> Pickles).

Okay, Barb, don't forget to send me your B&B Pickle recipe.
Thanks.

> Pastrami, shrimps, and lox aside, I was *extremely* pleased
> that the Polish was particularly enjoyed, along with the cheese
> spread. I buy the Polish occasionally, and make the cheese spread a
> couple times a year, and I was just purely tickled that folks enjoyed
> both.

I don't see mention of Sheryl's (I think they were Sheryl's
crispy toasts with the rosemary and garlic I think. Those were
really great.

> The dessert table included fresh fruit; cheesecake and chocolate
> mousse cake from Agata and Valentina, Margaret's *wonderful* chocolate
> chip cookies, and apricot strudel from Zabar's.
>
> We fed our faces in the living room with sausage and cheese and grapes
> and Bloody Marys.

And Screwdrivers.

> Sheryl does a credible job with Bloody Mary
> construction. I only had two. Goomba likes wine. (We might just
> have another lush in the bunch, kids.) SueEllen likes ---- TAB! I
> thought long and hard before saying yes, she could have one of my TaB
> stash. But I did. It was the ultimate sacrifice, gladly made.
>
> We talked and laughed and ate. And ate. And ate.
>
> Michael snuck out for smokes. He was looking on the tired side and
> zonked out beside me on the couch for a bit, I think. At one point he
> went missing for several hours, leaving us near panic about where in
> hell he disappeared to, only to be found sound asleep on Margaret's
> bed. :-/ I'm thinking he's got a ways to go before he gets his
> strength back. Selfishly, I'm glad he came. It was good to meet him --
> I've another face for an rfc friend's name.
>
> Folks began leaving around 3:30 or so; a couple were here until 6:00.
> I believe everyone but Jack and Michael took something home.

And Kate.

> I am
> now convinced that Margaret over-provides so that she can send people
> home with full arms. I am convinced. Check the dictionary under
> Jewish Mother -- you'll see her picture there.
>
> The New York Marathon runs tomorrow and we had a very special treat
> around 8:00 p.m. -- fireworks! They were being shot from Central Park
> and there's a very tall building between Margaret's and the park, but
> the very very cool part is that we could see the *reflections* of the
> fireworks on some of the buildings in the near distance. Pretty cool.

Ooh! I would have loved to see the fireworks!

> Margaret has toddled off to bed, and I'm considering it; I'm feeling
> the slightest hint of some chest congestion and I've two more days to
> enjoy here! Gotta be healthy.
>
> (If the coast is clear, I may check the fridge for a little nosh.)

You could still eat?

Kate

--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:
> Barb, it sounds like a wonderful and tasty time was had by all! All
> of the foods sound fabulous. Did you like the breads from
> Orwasher's?

I soitanly did. I didn't have the dark pumpernickel, though.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Updated 11-10-04, The Butter Dish.
"There is no indigestion worse than that which comes from having

Goomba38

Kate Connally wrote:

> I don't see mention of Sheryl's (I think they were Sheryl's
> crispy toasts with the rosemary and garlic I think. Those were
> really great.

No kidding.. those things were *out of this world*
weren't they?!
Goomba