Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Something from nothing

Here is a picture of dry and wet leaf Fu Shou or Buddha Hand.
http://i38.tinypic.com/154d006.jpg

Id say the dry leaf is 2-3g which I infuse in my 4oz Pavina. The wet
leaf literally clogs the cup. Id say I get 2oz of tea per infusion.
This picture is after the 10th. More equivalent to gongfu than
anything else. The dry leaf is tapped flat. The wet leaf is piled.
Its one of those green teas that taste good no matter what you do to
it. This picture is typical of many Chinese green teas where a little
goes a long way. Every time I see what I get in wet v dry leaf it
amazes me. That is snow in the picture taken on a cloudy day.

Jim

PS Hopefully Google will rollup with a previous post. Im going to do
this for a couple of other teas as I come across them.
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Space Cowboy > writes:

> Here is a picture of dry and wet leaf Fu Shou or Buddha Hand.
> http://i38.tinypic.com/154d006.jpg
>
> Id say the dry leaf is 2-3g which I infuse in my 4oz Pavina. The wet
> leaf literally clogs the cup. Id say I get 2oz of tea per infusion.
> This picture is after the 10th. More equivalent to gongfu than
> anything else. The dry leaf is tapped flat. The wet leaf is piled.
> Its one of those green teas that taste good no matter what you do to
> it. This picture is typical of many Chinese green teas where a little
> goes a long way.

Just to clarify, I think you meant to say "Chinese green oolong",
right? Teas like that Fo Shou aren't highly oxidized, but they're
made from leaves very different from, say, Biluochun. And they're
manufactured very differently from what most people would call
"Chinese green tea".

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /
recent addition: Gao Chong Di Zhen
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Youre right, it is hard to believe FoShou is a WuLong like Dan Cong
and Shui Xian. I dont see the oxidation which is why I call it a
LuCha along with any PouChong which would also be politically
incorrect.

Jim

On Oct 24, 11:05 am, Lewis Perin > wrote:
> Space Cowboy > writes:
> > Here is a picture of dry and wet leaf Fu Shou or Buddha Hand.

....when green is not green...