Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Space Cowboy Space Cowboy is offline

Default Something from nothing

Here is a picture of dry and wet leaf Fu Shou or Buddha Hand.
http://i38.tinypic.com/154d006.jpg

Id say the dry leaf is 2-3g which I infuse in my 4oz Pavina. The wet
leaf literally clogs the cup. Id say I get 2oz of tea per infusion.
This picture is after the 10th. More equivalent to gongfu than
anything else. The dry leaf is tapped flat. The wet leaf is piled.
Its one of those green teas that taste good no matter what you do to
it. This picture is typical of many Chinese green teas where a little
goes a long way. Every time I see what I get in wet v dry leaf it
amazes me. That is snow in the picture taken on a cloudy day.

Jim

PS Hopefully Google will rollup with a previous post. Im going to do
this for a couple of other teas as I come across them.