Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Jinrich tea?

A friend just received a fancy-wrapped tea cake, complete with awl. I'm
going over to taste it in a couple of days. Not sure what equipment and
complementary teas to bring, though, since I don't know what it is - shu
or sheng Pu'er? Pressed oolong? Heicha of some kind?

I found their site:

www.xswcc.com/jinrich

-at least, I assume it's the same company. Google won't translate the
apparent home page. I can try to post a picture someplace, but perhaps
it's not needed for a general ID.

Thanks for any info-

DM
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Jinrich tea?/2

Babelfish did a better job translating the site, but most pages wouldn't
open. Nothing there seemed to match. Text suggests that company
specializes in black tea.

Here are pictures of the wrapped cakes and box.

Anyone know the product, or able to read the description?

Thanks-

DM
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

http://s634.photobucket.com/albums/uu64/dogma_1/

Anyone know the product, or able to read the description?

Thanks-

DM
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Jul 29, 11:17*am, dogma_i > wrote:
> Babelfish did a better job translating the site, but most pages wouldn't
> open. Nothing there seemed to match. Text suggests that company
> specializes in black tea.
>
> Here are pictures of the wrapped cakes and box:
>
> http://s634.photobucket.com/albums/uu64/dogma_1/
>
> Anyone know the product, or able to read the description?
>
> Thanks-
>
> DM

Hopefully someone here can shed some light, now I'm curious. I can't
recall ever seeing that company before. I'd love to hear tasting notes
when you finally get to break into it.

I always like yokan or mochi/daifuku with any tea, doesn't have to be
green. Maybe something pickled or a little salty.

- Dominic
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

dogma_i wrote:
> Babelfish did a better job translating the site, but most pages wouldn't
> open. Nothing there seemed to match. Text suggests that company
> specializes in black tea.
>
> Here are pictures of the wrapped cakes and box:
>
> http://s634.photobucket.com/albums/uu64/dogma_1/
>
> Anyone know the product, or able to read the description?
>
> Thanks-
>
> DM

http://tinyurl.com/mxy2m6
Is this your cake? 39 Chinese dollars, buy 2 get 1 free? :-)

http://tinyurl.com/6xgaas
"Unofficial Google Translate Firefox extension 1.3 1.4"
Easy to use.

HTH

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On 2009-07-29, dogma_i > wrote:

> Babelfish did a better job translating the site, but most pages wouldn't
> open. Nothing there seemed to match. Text suggests that company
> specializes in black tea.
>
> Here are pictures of the wrapped cakes and box:
>
> http://s634.photobucket.com/albums/uu64/dogma_1/

The main part says An1 hua4 Hei1 Cha2 (anhua black / dark tea)
Anhua is a county in Hunan province.

See also:
http://www.panix.com/~perin/babelcarp.cgi?phrase=anhua

If you search for this:
http://www.google.com/search?hs=VJY&...B6&btnG=Search

You will find more results. This is different from Anhui Hei Cha.

--
Multi-lingual forum for Chinese and Japanese tea and teawa
http://teadrunk.org/

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

tieguanyin wrote:
> http://tinyurl.com/mxy2m6
> Is this your cake? 39 Chinese dollars, buy 2 get 1 free? :-)

Sure looks the same, though I've only seen a picture and there might be
more than one kind of cake under that label.

> "Unofficial Google Translate Firefox extension 1.3 1.4"

Great extension - thanks! Installed and working.

-DM
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Approximate location of characters on the suggested wrapper:

3 traditional characters for JinRich
JINRICH 3 simplified characters for JinRich +
tea
5 characters for one hundred year old tea

3 characters 2 characters(script)
200 golden
tea flower

11 characters for hunan province anhui county jinrich tea profession

I dont have time to translate the two columns of characters on the
left.

Jim

On Jul 29, 11:46 am, tieguanyin > wrote:
> dogma_i wrote:
> > Babelfish did a better job translating the site, but most pages wouldn't
> > open. Nothing there seemed to match. Text suggests that company
> > specializes in black tea.

> > Here are pictures of the wrapped cakes and box:

> >http://s634.photobucket.com/albums/uu64/dogma_1/

> > Anyone know the product, or able to read the description?

> > Thanks-

> > DM

> http://tinyurl.com/mxy2m6
> Is this your cake? 39 Chinese dollars, buy 2 get 1 free? :-)
>
> http://tinyurl.com/6xgaas
> "Unofficial Google Translate Firefox extension 1.3 1.4"
> Easy to use.
>
> HTH

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Check out https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3349

--
Multi-lingual forum for Chinese and Japanese tea and teawa
http://teadrunk.org/

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

dogma_i wrote:
> A friend just received a fancy-wrapped tea cake...

Looks like it is, as some speculated, an unripe heicha. Cakes are
actually discs sliced from a cylinder ca. 3" in diameter - possibly a
100-tael log? (Or 200, as perhaps indicated by the name?)

Tea had no smell dry (and not much wet); color grayish yellow-green.
Infusion was unexpectedly copper-colored rather than yellow-green. I
brewed a new sheng Pu'er, a shu tuocha, and a pressed Yancha oolong for
comparison. Flavor was mild, not astringent or bitter, slightly sweet
increasing with steep count. Not very interesting, really, but not bad
at all.

Images at http://tinyurl.com/moq6y6, which says (after autotranslation):

""Golden Flower" is the coronoid process of the Mainz pouch, commonly
known as San, the original series of products for black tea in the
unique brick tea Fu.... Fu processing blocks "发花" process is the
formation of the unique quality of brick tea Fu key technology, the
essence of which is by controlling the temperature and humidity
conditions must promote bacteria - bacteria capsule loose coronoid
process of growth and reproduction, resulting in the closure of gold
capsule shell, which in the brick tea Fu content of the tea taste, aroma
is closely related to a direct impact on the quality of brick tea Fu,
border consumer has always been based on "Golden Flower" to judge the
quality and quantity of brick tea quality were the pros, there are "
good tea gold flowers and spent more than a good quality tea, "said."

Seems that either this particular tea is older than I expected, or that
there's some ripening before the logs are dried. I suggested that the
owners park it someplace warm and damp, and try it again in a few years.

Thanks for your thoughts-

DM

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

with your permission i could add this pictures to my database with a
link to these comments, so the next one asking about this tea will
have a bit more info
http://worldoftea.iespana.es/

kind regards,
bonifacio barrio hijosa

On Jul 29, 5:17*pm, dogma_i > wrote:
> Babelfish did a better job translating the site, but most pages wouldn't
> open. Nothing there seemed to match. Text suggests that company
> specializes in black tea.
>
> Here are pictures of the wrapped cakes and box:
>
> http://s634.photobucket.com/albums/uu64/dogma_1/
>
> Anyone know the product, or able to read the description?
>
> Thanks-
>
> DM

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Will Yardley > writes:

> On 2009-07-29, dogma_i > wrote:
>
> > Babelfish did a better job translating the site, but most pages wouldn't
> > open. Nothing there seemed to match. Text suggests that company
> > specializes in black tea.
> >
> > Here are pictures of the wrapped cakes and box:
> >
> > http://s634.photobucket.com/albums/uu64/dogma_1/

> The main part says An1 hua4 Hei1 Cha2 (anhua black / dark tea)
> Anhua is a county in Hunan province.

Yes, and, to answer DogMa's question, it isn't 1000 Tael tea, it's a
mere 100 tael (Bai3 Liang3 Cha2.)

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /