Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Ceylon green tea

This is one tea that is a roadblock to my brew anything you want in a
Bodum Pavina and drink off the top. So I ask the question, does
anyone enjoy Ceylon green the way they make it.

Jim
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Jun 6, 9:34*am, wrote:
> This is one tea that is a roadblock to my brew anything you want in a
> Bodum Pavina and drink off the top. *So I ask the question, does
> anyone enjoy Ceylon green the way they make it.
>
> Jim

It was an okay tea a couple of years back when I tried it- the
Idalgashani estate green tea is now sold out at Upton. I brewed it
the way they said- probably one teaspoon to a mug for 3 minutes at 180
degrees. I brew in a single cup brewer in the mug. Toci
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

That name rang a bell. I just drank a cup of Idualgshena. Nice big
OP leaves. Reminds me of a very light briney sencha. The thing I
notice about Ceylon green it leaves a harshness in the back of the
mouth with little aftertaste. There is little aroma to compensate.
Its a one dimensional tea. No complexity. Its a tea meant to be
drank black.

Jim

PS Somebody just told me about a $13 all you can eat order anything
off the menu sushi bar. When I take the plunge Ill take this tea with
me.

On Jun 6, 12:20 pm, toci > wrote:
> On Jun 6, 9:34 am, wrote:

....i can see why nobody drinks Ceylon green teas...

> It was an okay tea a couple of years back when I tried it- the
> Idalgashani estate green tea is now sold out at Upton. I brewed it
> the way they said- probably one teaspoon to a mug for 3 minutes at 180
> degrees. I brew in a single cup brewer in the mug. Toci

Member

I have to agree with you in that it's almost impossible to find a Ceylon green tea that can do justice to the name of green tea. However, on my recent travels there, I came across a nice, light refreshing green tea that left no harshness at the back of the mouth like Jim said. It didn't however have much of an aroma, but I'm hoping that this will improve with time.
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

mmm_yummy > writes:

> I have to agree with you in that it's almost impossible to find a Ceylon
> green tea that can do justice to the name of green tea. However, on my
> recent travels there, I came across a nice, light refreshing green tea
> that left no harshness at the back of the mouth like Jim said. It
> didn't however have much of an aroma, but I'm hoping that this will
> improve with time.

Good luck with that! I really wouldn't bet on a green tea's aroma
improving as it ages.

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

I think the most interesting thing about Ceylon greens, you can taste
the green before it becomes black. That is hard to do anywhere else
because all you get to taste is the oolong or black. You can find
specific cases in China like a light roast TGY versus dark roast. Ive
tasted Yunnan green and recently a white before it becomes red. Id
still like to know if I can taste the difference in fresh leaf. Nigel
says no. I disagree with him on that also.

Jim

On Jul 26, 12:23 am, mmm_yummy <mmm_yummy.

Ceylon Silver Tip Space Cowboy Tea 0 20-09-2011 11:57 PM
A smokey green tea from Ceylon Space Cowboy Tea 5 12-04-2007 12:11 AM
Ceylon Teas teadrinker Tea 0 22-04-2005 04:02 AM
Ceylon cinnamon Thomas Muffaletto General Cooking 0 12-01-2005 05:40 PM
Ceylon FPEK? Lars I. Mehlum Tea 30 04-08-2004 02:54 PM