Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default What I learned today at the PPP

Everybody and I mean everybody panned the last of my favorite sheng
sampler. I sampled an 80s shu. It had the iron press dimples on the
back. Texture was consistent through out. Even the twigs had the
same texture. The foretaste was much better than any shu I have.
However the aftertaste was slightly harsh. I had commented earlier
all my shus could be cooked to paste and wouldnt have any harshness.
I wonder if that harshness is typical of aged shu. Its almost like it
was reverting to a sheng. A new gal showed up. The other two were
absent. She also liked shu better than sheng. I think there is a sex
preference in puer. I started a discussion on go too teas. The one
you drink when all else fails. Someone mentioned TGY. They preferred
the black over the green. I earlier bought some SowMee. We sampled
some. Better than any Ive had so far. I could tell from the look of
the dry leaves. At least two infusions which hasnt been my
experience. The discussion came up indirectly but why isnt tea
considered an herb. I want to follow that through the next time.

Jim