Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Goodbye, Koslanda Ceylon TC58

I've just brewed the last of my once favorite tea, and cannot replace
it. However, in September I'll sample two different Koslanda teas
from Upton, and also try six Nilgiri samples for my late morning tea.
I've ordered about fifty teas from Upton, and of these about twenty
are no longer available. For the rest of July and August, I think
I'll do fine with the Assam I have on hand for iced tea. Toci
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Jul 17, 3:44 pm, toci > wrote:
> I've just brewed the last of my once favorite tea, and cannot replace
> it. However, in September I'll sample two different Koslanda teas
> from Upton, and also try six Nilgiri samples for my late morning tea.
> I've ordered about fifty teas from Upton, and of these about twenty
> are no longer available. For the rest of July and August, I think
> I'll do fine with the Assam I have on hand for iced tea. Toci

I feel for you, there is no sadder moment in tea than when you are
brewing the last remnants of an irreplaceable favorite. I always try
to tell myself to enjoy it since it is the last, but I never can.
Although, almost every time in searching for a suitable replacement I
find something new that I like as much or more.

- Dominic
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Several years ago I mentioned that the Arabic stores no longer carried
my favorite Ceylon tea which was a brand called Royal World. I
couldnt even find it on the web so I gave up. Early this summer a
friend wanted to find another Arabic tea brand so we finally gave up
after driving all over town. We were eating some pho and I remembered
a little Arabic shop around the corner where we found both. My friend
and I made sure we'll never be out of stock again. My price hadnt
changed much $5/250g/tin.

Jim

toci wrote:
> I've just brewed the last of my once favorite tea, and cannot replace
> it. However, in September I'll sample two different Koslanda teas
> from Upton, and also try six Nilgiri samples for my late morning tea.
> I've ordered about fifty teas from Upton, and of these about twenty
> are no longer available. For the rest of July and August, I think
> I'll do fine with the Assam I have on hand for iced tea. Toci

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

"toci" > wrote in message
> I've just brewed the last of my once favorite tea, and cannot replace
> it. However, in September I'll sample two different Koslanda teas
> from Upton, and also try six Nilgiri samples for my late morning tea.
> I've ordered about fifty teas from Upton, and of these about twenty
> are no longer available. For the rest of July and August, I think
> I'll do fine with the Assam I have on hand for iced tea. Toci

As for TC58, where has it gone? What do you mean 'no longer
available'? "Gone forever?" ''No return?"

How is it that the goods are so 'fickle' in availability?

Incidentally, would you please kindly relate what teas you liked
best from among so many as 50 teas and tell us about some of them
for our reference?

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Jul 23, 3:57*am, "chance" > wrote:
> "toci" > wrote in message

> > I've just brewed the last of my once favorite tea, and cannot replace
> > it. *However, in September I'll sample two different Koslanda teas
> > from Upton, and also try six Nilgiri samples for my late morning tea.
> > I've ordered about fifty teas from Upton, and of these about twenty
> > are no longer available. *For the rest of July and August, I think
> > I'll do fine with the Assam I have on hand for iced tea. * * Toci

> As for TC58, where has it gone? What do you mean 'no longer
> available'? "Gone forever?" ''No return?"
>
> How is it that the goods are so 'fickle' in availability?
>
> Incidentally, would you please kindly relate what teas you liked
> best from among so many as 50 teas and tell us about some of them
> for our reference?

The estate teas live for a year, and then disappear. The following
year a different tea from the estate may be sold, but it's not the
same. So far my favorites whuch are still available are TC56, a
Ceylon, TN68, a Nilgiri, and TB15, a Java breakfast tea. My grandson
especially likes their organic Earl Grey. Toci

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

"chance" > writes:

> "toci" > wrote in message
> > I've just brewed the last of my once favorite tea, and cannot replace
> > it. However, in September I'll sample two different Koslanda teas
> > from Upton, and also try six Nilgiri samples for my late morning tea.
> > I've ordered about fifty teas from Upton, and of these about twenty
> > are no longer available. For the rest of July and August, I think
> > I'll do fine with the Assam I have on hand for iced tea. Toci

> As for TC58, where has it gone? What do you mean 'no longer
> available'? "Gone forever?" ''No return?"
>
> How is it that the goods are so 'fickle' in availability?

Let's assume the tea formerly sold by Upton as TC58 is still being
produced by the estate. Then I can think of two possible
explanations (there may be more):

- Upton was outbid by other vendors when the latest crop was
auctioned.

- Upton tasted the latest crop, and it reminded them of spinach.

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

"toci" > wrote

The estate teas live for a year, and then disappear. The following
year a different tea from the estate may be sold, but it's not the
same.

How can you tell the tea land to stop growing for the year
and tell the same trees to grow different tea leaves for the year?
That's only impression I can't help getting from your remarks.

For the sake of the peace of my mind, as well as for the credibility
of all what you have been telling the folks here,
who would have believed all along what you have told them
to be true, wouldn't you please shed more light upon your comment,
so your remarks become more understandable and so we can have
more understanding of what you have said than before.
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Tea is an agricultural crop. The discriminating taste will vary year
to year.

Jim

Ceylon whole leaf Space Cowboy Tea 3 06-08-2009 04:12 PM
Ceylon Koslanda Estate CTC as iced tea toci Tea 0 26-04-2008 12:46 AM
Ceylon Teas teadrinker Tea 0 22-04-2005 04:02 AM
Ceylon cinnamon Thomas Muffaletto General Cooking 22 15-01-2005 10:43 PM
Ceylon cinnamon Thomas Muffaletto General Cooking 0 12-01-2005 05:40 PM