Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Ceylon whole leaf

After the dental cleaning I push pedaled down to the local tea shoppe
to get a cup to wash out the bad taste. As you enter the door there
are the tea chests of bargain closeout teas. This time I decided to
read the fine print. One said "full leaf" Ceylon Kirkoswald
Dimbulla. I opened it on the spot expecting to see OP1. To my
surprise whole leaf tea. I know a rare find. Some of it actually has
stems. About half of it is broken whole leaf but still intact. The
taste is typical Dimbulla. I made sure nobody else got any. There is
a new marketing buzzword organic Bio Dynamic. Whatever that is I got
some India Putharjhora green tea. I also made sure nobody else got
any. I got a nice organic QLAN from China. Better than average extra
thick twisted black ropes of oolong. I have to do some homework on
that one. Again Bio Dynamic Indulgashinna green tea from Ceylon.
When am I going to learn to stop buying Ceylon green teas. I always
hope the next one will be different. Also organic Dunsandle Nilgiri
black tea. I was told there was a 'hand made' Glendale Nilgiri.
Nobody left me any.
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

This looks and tastes like it.

http://silentliontea.co.uk/details+o...ea+CHI150.html

Jim

On Aug 6, 6:43 am, Space Cowboy > wrote:
> I got a nice organic QLAN from China. Better than average extra
> thick twisted black ropes of oolong. I have to do some homework on
> that one.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Space Cowboy > writes:

> [...]
> I got a nice organic QLAN from China. Better than average extra
> thick twisted black ropes of oolong. I have to do some homework on
> that one.

sounds like Qi Lan, which is a Wuyi tea.

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

I think it is the Rare Orchid. Its not whole leaf. The leaf looks
like it was cut longitude length wise. The floral taste is
overwhelmed by a woody smell. Definitely a winter snow shoveling tea
for me. Id say more of a poor mans Dan Cong. When I browsed my
Rosetta Stone looking for Lan I found QiLan. I keep forgeting Google
supports searches like q*lan. My local tea shoppe tries its best to
get the Chinese names right. This aint the first one.

Jim

On Aug 6, 8:33 am, Lewis Perin > wrote:
> Space Cowboy > writes:
> > [...]
> > I got a nice organic QLAN from China. Better than average extra
> > thick twisted black ropes of oolong. I have to do some homework on
> > that one.

> sounds like Qi Lan, which is a Wuyi tea.
>
> /Lew
> ---
> Lew Perin /

Green tea leaf particle and leaf size Tea Sunrise Tea 14 24-09-2007 08:24 PM
Ceylon Teas teadrinker Tea 0 22-04-2005 04:02 AM
Ceylon cinnamon Thomas Muffaletto General Cooking 22 15-01-2005 10:43 PM
Ceylon cinnamon Thomas Muffaletto General Cooking 0 12-01-2005 05:40 PM
Ceylon FPEK? Lars I. Mehlum Tea 30 04-08-2004 02:54 PM