Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Can you identify this tea?

It's a great tea I got from somebody else who bough it during a trip
to China. However it's running out and I can't identify it to get
more.

There is Chinese writing on the packaging which I can't recognize
however. I would be extremely grateful if anyone can give me a hint as
to what tea this is from these pictures is took of it:

packaging - http://i27.tinypic.com/oqbps5.jpg
closeup of text - http://i28.tinypic.com/2dr9vep.jpg
some tea leaves - http://i29.tinypic.com/14b8b2d.jpg
a cup of it - http://i29.tinypic.com/70f883.jpg
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

This could be bulk tea. It may be hard to purchase unless you go back
to China (Qingdao?). I did a quick search of the company website by
looking up the Chinese and saw references to the company, but no
actual website to purchase the tea.

The company does look something like Qingdao Fengli Tea Industries,
Ltd.
I assume this is green tea by the look of it.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Mar 16, 11:22 am, wrote:
> It's a great tea I got from somebody else who bough it during a trip
> to China. However it's running out and I can't identify it to get
> more.
>
> There is Chinese writing on the packaging which I can't recognize
> however. I would be extremely grateful if anyone can give me a hint as
> to what tea this is from these pictures is took of it:
>
> packaging -http://i27.tinypic.com/oqbps5.jpg
> closeup of text -http://i28.tinypic.com/2dr9vep.jpg
> some tea leaves -http://i29.tinypic.com/14b8b2d.jpg
> a cup of it -http://i29.tinypic.com/70f883.jpg

"Safe Quality" on the bag
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Mar 16, 11:22*am, wrote:
> It's a great tea I got from somebody else who bough it during a trip
> to China. However it's running out and I can't identify it to get
> more.
>
> There is Chinese writing on the packaging which I can't recognize
> however. I would be extremely grateful if anyone can give me a hint as
> to what tea this is from these pictures is took of it:
>
> packaging -http://i27.tinypic.com/oqbps5.jpg
> closeup of text -http://i28.tinypic.com/2dr9vep.jpg
> some tea leaves -http://i29.tinypic.com/14b8b2d.jpg
> a cup of it -http://i29.tinypic.com/70f883.jpg

Unfortunately, the most important label, that of the price tag and
product description, is now ripped.

However, it gives us one important clue -- the Carrefour logo.

So, somebody bought this from Carrefour, which means it's not going to
be a very high grade tea, sold in plastic bags...

The company who made this is indeed the Qingdao Fengli Tea Industries,
they're located at 75 Jinan Road, and since there's no city name or
whatever attached to that address, I'm going to guess that whoever
bought it got it from Qingdao and they sell mostly just to local
markets. A google search shows that they not only do tea, but also
sells candies and other sundry goods, which probably means they're
just a wholesaler of some sort that deals primarily but not
exclusively with tea... again, not a mark of great quality. None of
the other marks (the two words on top left, the QS mark on top right)
tell us anything about what tea this actually is.

Hope this helps

MarshalN
http://www.xanga.com/MarshalN