Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default First flush organic tea

I visited my first tea field in Hunan province, an organic field of
about 100 acres in the mountains about 3000 feet up, took five hours
drive to get there but was well worth the bumpy ride. The pickers were
going flat out at it . I was given some tea to taste on arrival which
was out of this world, very lush sweet young tatsing leaf straight
out of the factory. I had a nice tour of the factory which was
incredibly clean and modern. There were people working from the age of
20 to 83 years old. I must have had about 15 glasses of tea before
they sat me down for a traditional chinese lunch whith all organic
veggies. Unfortunately the wine they kept feeding me killed my ability
to tatse the tea after wards but to make up for this they gave me a
nice bag of tea to take with . If any one wants pictures on how tea is
picked steamed rolled processed just let me know and I will email them
to you ,I will be in Fujian in a few days time.
Maurice

Beijing Organic Shopping Guide - Organic food stores in Beijing MeiGuoXing General Cooking 2 20-10-2008 04:36 PM
Organic milk sold at ...... not organic at all Dee.Dee General Cooking 14 15-12-2007 01:56 AM
First flush organic tea magicleaf Tea 6 16-04-2007 05:50 PM
Organic Milk, Organic Cheese Dee Randall General Cooking 1 17-07-2005 12:36 AM