Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Any experience with this HK retailer ?

Greetings,

Lam Kie Yuen Tea Co., Ltd, Bonham Strand, Sheung Wan, HK www.lyktea.com

Off to HK next week and found this retailer via web search. Would anybody
on the group living in or knowing HK have any experience with this retailer?
His product range appears extensive and price list appears to be reasonable
(to me as a newbie anyway). Obvioulsy can't assess the quality from the
web, hence my query. His product range and prices are listed on the order
form.

Cheers
Mal
Oz.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Fri, 06 Oct 2006 10:50:22 GMT, "Draconus" >
wrote:

>Greetings,
>
>Lam Kie Yuen Tea Co., Ltd, Bonham Strand, Sheung Wan, HK www.lyktea.com
>
>Off to HK next week and found this retailer via web search. Would anybody
>on the group living in or knowing HK have any experience with this retailer?
>His product range appears extensive and price list appears to be reasonable
>(to me as a newbie anyway). Obvioulsy can't assess the quality from the
>web, hence my query. His product range and prices are listed on the order
>form.
>
>Cheers
>Mal
>Oz.

Yes, while I personally have never visited their store I do know
several knowledgeable people who have and the store is reputable.

--
Mike Petro
http://www.pu-erh.net
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

"Mike Petro" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 06 Oct 2006 10:50:22 GMT, "Draconus" >
> wrote:
>
> >Greetings,
> >
> >Lam Kie Yuen Tea Co., Ltd, Bonham Strand, Sheung Wan, HK www.lyktea.com
> >
> >Off to HK next week and found this retailer via web search. Would

anybody
> >on the group living in or knowing HK have any experience with this

retailer?
> >His product range appears extensive and price list appears to be

reasonable
> >(to me as a newbie anyway). Obvioulsy can't assess the quality from the
> >web, hence my query. His product range and prices are listed on the

order
> >form.
> >
> >Cheers
> >Mal
> >Oz.

> Yes, while I personally have never visited their store I do know
> several knowledgeable people who have and the store is reputable.
>

> --
> Mike Petro
> http://www.pu-erh.net

Fantastic. This is my first foray into a decent tea shop so the last thing
I wanted was to be treated just like 'another tourist' ! I'm particularly
looking for some very nice Wuyi oolong. I bought 8oz of Wuyi Yen Cha from
Singapore recently and find it very enjoyable. I am not certain how this one
rates amongst others but am looking forward to trying a few more.

Cheers
Mal
Oz

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

/6/06

> Greetings,
>
> Lam Kie Yuen Tea Co., Ltd, Bonham Strand, Sheung Wan, HK www.lyktea.com

It turns out to be <www.lkytea.com>. They've got a picture of a
Pu'erh cake, but no Pu'erh for sale. Can this be, or did I miss
something?
Michael

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

"Michael Plant" > wrote in message
> /6/06
>

>> Greetings,
>>
>> Lam Kie Yuen Tea Co., Ltd, Bonham Strand, Sheung Wan, HK www.lyktea.com

> It turns out to be <www.lkytea.com>. They've got a picture of a
> Pu'erh cake, but no Pu'erh for sale. Can this be, or did I miss
> something?
> Michael

Click on "Miniatures." One of the four "miniatures" offered is "...our
famous Vintage Pu-Erh tea." At $80 for what looks like about two ounces of
tea (they don't specify) I think I'll pass on this one, no matter how
"famous" it is. I can also do without a $100 glass gaiwan.
--

--Rich

Recommended websites:

http://www.ratbags.com/rsoles
http://www.acahf.org.au
http://www.quackwatch.org/
http://www.skeptic.com/
http://www.csicop.org/

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

> >> Lam Kie Yuen Tea Co., Ltd, Bonham Strand, Sheung Wan, HK www.lyktea.com

The OP was asking about visiting the store where he could see, smell,
and taste the tea before buying. There is little risk there IMHO. I do
not recommend them as an online source though as they dont offer enough
information about their teas for me to be willing to buy sight unseen.

> > It turns out to be <www.lkytea.com>. They've got a picture of a
> > Pu'erh cake, but no Pu'erh for sale. Can this be, or did I miss
> > something?
> > Michael

There online pricelist can be found at:
http://www.lkytea.com/mailorderform.xls
remember that it is in Hong Kong dollars!

> Click on "Miniatures." One of the four "miniatures" offered is "...our
> famous Vintage Pu-Erh tea." At $80 for what looks like about two ounces of
> tea (they don't specify) I think I'll pass on this one, no matter how
> "famous" it is. I can also do without a $100 glass gaiwan.
> --

Those are Hong Kong dollars (HKD), in USD that Gaiwan is actually less
than $13 and the "famous Vintage Pu-Erh" (whatever they mean by that)
is about $10. The pricelist I linked to above does indeed give the
quantity, the name, and the price (in HKD) alas not much other info.

Mike
http://www.pu-erh.net

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

"Michael Plant" > wrote in message
> /6/06
>

> > Greetings,
> >
> > Lam Kie Yuen Tea Co., Ltd, Bonham Strand, Sheung Wan, HK www.lyktea.com

> It turns out to be <www.lkytea.com>. They've got a picture of a
> Pu'erh cake, but no Pu'erh for sale. Can this be, or did I miss
> something?
> Michael

On the price list they list Pu-erh Tea from 15 years up to 30 - I assume
this is loose leaf. They also list 3 grades of cake ranging from $HK200 to
$HK800. Appears to be their own LKY branded cakes -so could be anything.

Concur though, the glass Gaiwan at $HK100 ($A17 approx) looks a little
steep. Unless of course it's hand blown lead crystal of course ;-)

According to the Discover Hong Kong website it looks like they offer a 10%
discount (assume that's to tourists). Mind you, one would need to spend a
bit to make that worth while.

Anyway will be able to report back in a couple of weeks.

Cheers
Mal
Oz

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

I've visited their store and bought a cake of the cheapest puerh they
sell under their own label. It's a 2006 cake. Not bad.

I can't remember how old the other two are. I think the medium priced
one is 2004, and the oldest one is something like 8-10 years old. You
can ask to taste before buying anyone of them. The proprietor is an 80
year old gentleman.

The puerh they're referring there should be loose. I didn't try those.

You should also think of visiting the Best Tea House, which is not
cheap, but has a good selection. They have a new store in Tsim Sha
Tsui (reopened after the previous location in TST closed). Free
pouring there as well. The store is on Peking Road.

LKY is definitely cheaper.

Good luck! There is a lot of good tea in HK.

Draconus wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Lam Kie Yuen Tea Co., Ltd, Bonham Strand, Sheung Wan, HK www.lyktea.com
>
> Off to HK next week and found this retailer via web search. Would anybody
> on the group living in or knowing HK have any experience with this retailer?
> His product range appears extensive and price list appears to be reasonable
> (to me as a newbie anyway). Obvioulsy can't assess the quality from the
> web, hence my query. His product range and prices are listed on the order
> form.
>
> Cheers
> Mal
> Oz.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

MarshalN wrote:

> You should also think of visiting the Best Tea House, which is not
> cheap, but has a good selection. They have a new store in Tsim Sha
> Tsui (reopened after the previous location in TST closed). Free
> pouring there as well. The store is on Peking Road.

"Best Teahouse" is extremely well known and highly recommended by
anyone who has ever been there. They are also associated with with one
of the best Tea Shops in NYC. If your quest is for the high end you
should follow MarshalN's lead.

Mike
http://www.pu-erh.net

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Draconus wrote:

> They also list 3 grades of cake ranging from $HK200 to
> $HK800. Appears to be their own LKY branded cakes -so could be anything.

[Kevin]
well, those are not "anything". from the name it looks like the HKD800
cake is the "famous" '97 Lao Shu Yuan Sha made for them by Menghai Tea
Factory. It's the cake pictured on that page:
http://www.lkytea.com/engindex.php

Better to ask by email though if you're interested, maybe they have
another lao shu cake I don't know about.....

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On 10/06/2006 12:34:20 "Mike Petro" > wrote:

> You should also think of visiting the Best Tea House, which is not cheap,

>> but has a good selection. They have a new store in Tsim Sha Tsui
>> (reopened after the previous location in TST closed). Free pouring there
>> as well. The store is on Peking Road.

> "Best Teahouse" is extremely well known and highly recommended by anyone
> who has ever been there. They are also associated with with one of the
> best Tea Shops in NYC. If your quest is for the high end you should
> follow MarshalN's lead.

> Mike http://www.pu-erh.net

Michael

If association means anything, I wholeheartedly
concur with Mike here. The tea shop in New York
City, The Tea Gallery, is by far the best I know
here. It's a place to buy excellent tea, excellent
teaware, and spend time in excellent company. I
imagine the Best Teahouse in HK is also wonderous.
Have fun!
Michael
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

It's quite nice. I go there all the time. Tea Gallery get some of
their stuff from BTH, others they have alternative sources, I believe

Michael Plant wrote:
> On 10/06/2006 12:34:20 "Mike Petro" > wrote:
>
> > You should also think of visiting the Best Tea House, which is not cheap,

> >> but has a good selection. They have a new store in Tsim Sha Tsui
> >> (reopened after the previous location in TST closed). Free pouring there
> >> as well. The store is on Peking Road.

> > "Best Teahouse" is extremely well known and highly recommended by anyone
> > who has ever been there. They are also associated with with one of the
> > best Tea Shops in NYC. If your quest is for the high end you should
> > follow MarshalN's lead.

> > Mike http://www.pu-erh.net

> Michael
>
> If association means anything, I wholeheartedly
> concur with Mike here. The tea shop in New York
> City, The Tea Gallery, is by far the best I know
> here. It's a place to buy excellent tea, excellent
> teaware, and spend time in excellent company. I
> imagine the Best Teahouse in HK is also wonderous.
> Have fun!
> Michael

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

"MarshalN" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>> You should also think of visiting the Best Tea House, which is not

> cheap, but has a good selection. They have a new store in Tsim Sha
> Tsui (reopened after the previous location in TST closed). Free
> pouring there as well. The store is on Peking Road.
>
> LKY is definitely cheaper.
>
> Good luck! There is a lot of good tea in HK.

Thanks Marshall for the heads up. Yes I know Peking Road in TST, will now
definitely look it up.

Cheers
Mal
Oz

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Draconus wrote:

> Thanks Marshall for the heads up. Yes I know Peking Road in TST, will now
> definitely look it up.
>
> Cheers
> Mal
> Oz

Well, if you know Peking Road.... it's on the side of Nathan Road where
the Peninsula is (and where the Hyatt used to be). In fact, the store
location (as I was told -- since I left HK before they were done
renovating) is where the exit ramp for the Hyatt faced. Basically, if
you turn in from Nathan Road, it's no more than half a block from
Nathan Road on your left hand side, I think.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Mal of Oz,

You can find the pu'er cake mentioned by MarshalN on my blog
http://teemann.blogspot.com, under the Nov. 2005 archives.

If you are looking for good quality Yan Cha, you might want to follow
MarshalN's lead and head straight to Best Teahouse instead. I have tried
oolongs and pu'ers from several shops in Hongkong, and for me, I prefer the
Yan Cha offered by The Best Teahouse. If you can tell me where you bought
your Yan Cha in Singapore, I might be able to provide you a rought indicator
which shop to go to in Hongkong to hopefully match your tastebuds.

You mentioned that Lam Kie Yuen has 3 cakes under its name, that would be
probably be the 2002, 2004 and 2006 'house brand' pu'ers. They are good
stuff, but a little humid-stored. Ask to try the 1997 cake, that would give
you a benchmark of what humid storage Hongkong pu'er is like, then ask to
try the rest, and settle for what you prefer.

The Best Teahouse also has several good pu'ers, the famous one being the
(thereabout) 1988 Menghai raw pu'er code 7542. This cake by now would be
commanding a ridiculous price. The one I also like is the Zhen Chun Ya Hao -
pricey as well, but cheaper than the 88 cake. Of the mid-range Yan Cha, the
Drunken Concubine, Zui Gui Fei, is my constant favourite. www.besttea.com.hk

Danny

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Yup, know it mate, I think theres a Delaneys Irish pub in the same street.

Thanks
Mal
Oz
"MarshalN" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Draconus wrote:
>

> > Thanks Marshall for the heads up. Yes I know Peking Road in TST, will

now
> > definitely look it up.
> >
> > Cheers
> > Mal
> > Oz

> Well, if you know Peking Road.... it's on the side of Nathan Road where
> the Peninsula is (and where the Hyatt used to be). In fact, the store
> location (as I was told -- since I left HK before they were done
> renovating) is where the exit ramp for the Hyatt faced. Basically, if
> you turn in from Nathan Road, it's no more than half a block from
> Nathan Road on your left hand side, I think.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Danny,
Printed and added to my shopping list.

Thanks.

Somewhere here some wires have got crossed - didn't buy any (drinkable)
pu-er in Singers, just some Butterfly branded Wu-i Yen Cha Oolong - which I
found to be very drinkable for what I paid for it - about $US20 for 150gms.
Was from Yue Hwa in China Town. I also bought my first compressed brick -
cost me $2.50! You can brew the beejezzus out of it and it still comes out
dark red !!

What would you call a ridiculous price for the 7542??- I don't have a
benchmark to compare.

This is my first trip to HK looking for tea so I want to come back with a
few teas that I know to be decent to use as a foundation to compare teas
that I buy online when I get back.

Cheers
Mal
Oz

"samarkand" > wrote in message
> Mal of Oz,
>
> You can find the pu'er cake mentioned by MarshalN on my blog
> http://teemann.blogspot.com, under the Nov. 2005 archives.
>
> If you are looking for good quality Yan Cha, you might want to follow
> MarshalN's lead and head straight to Best Teahouse instead. I have tried
> oolongs and pu'ers from several shops in Hongkong, and for me, I prefer

the
> Yan Cha offered by The Best Teahouse. If you can tell me where you bought
> your Yan Cha in Singapore, I might be able to provide you a rought

indicator
> which shop to go to in Hongkong to hopefully match your tastebuds.
>
> You mentioned that Lam Kie Yuen has 3 cakes under its name, that would be
> probably be the 2002, 2004 and 2006 'house brand' pu'ers. They are good
> stuff, but a little humid-stored. Ask to try the 1997 cake, that would

give
> you a benchmark of what humid storage Hongkong pu'er is like, then ask to
> try the rest, and settle for what you prefer.
>
> The Best Teahouse also has several good pu'ers, the famous one being the
> (thereabout) 1988 Menghai raw pu'er code 7542. This cake by now would be
> commanding a ridiculous price. The one I also like is the Zhen Chun Ya

Hao -
> pricey as well, but cheaper than the 88 cake. Of the mid-range Yan Cha,

the
> Drunken Concubine, Zui Gui Fei, is my constant favourite.

www.besttea.com.hk

> Danny

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

I would suggest the HMV if you are into music and CDs, the selection there
is great and so much cheaper than Australia! If you have the time, hit
Nathan Road and walk the straight road upward towards Yau Ma Tei there are
lots of old tea shops there you can venture into...

:")

Danny

"Draconus" > wrote in message
> Yup, know it mate, I think theres a Delaneys Irish pub in the same street.
>
> Thanks
> Mal
> Oz
> "MarshalN" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>>
>> Draconus wrote:
>>

>> > Thanks Marshall for the heads up. Yes I know Peking Road in TST, will

> now
>> > definitely look it up.
>> >
>> > Cheers
>> > Mal
>> > Oz

>> Well, if you know Peking Road.... it's on the side of Nathan Road where
>> the Peninsula is (and where the Hyatt used to be). In fact, the store
>> location (as I was told -- since I left HK before they were done
>> renovating) is where the exit ramp for the Hyatt faced. Basically, if
>> you turn in from Nathan Road, it's no more than half a block from
>> Nathan Road on your left hand side, I think.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Hi Mal,

OK shan't talk about the compressed brick... :")

You will find a much larger Yu Hwa on Central (or is it Queens...I need to
on Hongkong island.

7542 can range from the very cheap to the ridiculously expensive, depending
on what you are looking for. A late 80s 7542 would be in the range of
HK$2000-3000, while the later productions, especially in the last 5 years,
can be between HK$100 - 400...but do try the tea before you plonk down the
cash!

Danny

"Draconus" > wrote in message
> Danny,
> Printed and added to my shopping list.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Somewhere here some wires have got crossed - didn't buy any (drinkable)
> pu-er in Singers, just some Butterfly branded Wu-i Yen Cha Oolong - which
> found to be very drinkable for what I paid for it - about $US20 for
> 150gms.
> Was from Yue Hwa in China Town. I also bought my first compressed brick -
> cost me $2.50! You can brew the beejezzus out of it and it still comes
> out
> dark red !!
>
> What would you call a ridiculous price for the 7542??- I don't have a
> benchmark to compare.
>
> This is my first trip to HK looking for tea so I want to come back with a
> few teas that I know to be decent to use as a foundation to compare teas
> that I buy online when I get back.
>
> Cheers
> Mal
> Oz
>

> "samarkand" > wrote in message
>> Mal of Oz,
>>
>> You can find the pu'er cake mentioned by MarshalN on my blog
>> http://teemann.blogspot.com, under the Nov. 2005 archives.
>>
>> If you are looking for good quality Yan Cha, you might want to follow
>> MarshalN's lead and head straight to Best Teahouse instead. I have tried
>> oolongs and pu'ers from several shops in Hongkong, and for me, I prefer

> the
>> Yan Cha offered by The Best Teahouse. If you can tell me where you
>> bought
>> your Yan Cha in Singapore, I might be able to provide you a rought

> indicator
>> which shop to go to in Hongkong to hopefully match your tastebuds.
>>
>> You mentioned that Lam Kie Yuen has 3 cakes under its name, that would be
>> probably be the 2002, 2004 and 2006 'house brand' pu'ers. They are good
>> stuff, but a little humid-stored. Ask to try the 1997 cake, that would

> give
>> you a benchmark of what humid storage Hongkong pu'er is like, then ask to
>> try the rest, and settle for what you prefer.
>>
>> The Best Teahouse also has several good pu'ers, the famous one being the
>> (thereabout) 1988 Menghai raw pu'er code 7542. This cake by now would be
>> commanding a ridiculous price. The one I also like is the Zhen Chun Ya

> Hao -
>> pricey as well, but cheaper than the 88 cake. Of the mid-range Yan Cha,

> the
>> Drunken Concubine, Zui Gui Fei, is my constant favourite.

> www.besttea.com.hk
>>

>> Danny

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Almost forgot, along Hankow street opposite HMV there's a teashop called
Ying Kee.

I find their offering mediocre, but you might find some yan cha you like
there. Try the Look Onn tea, they have several varieties with flavourings,
which are interesting.

:")

Danny

"Draconus" > wrote in message
> Yup, know it mate, I think theres a Delaneys Irish pub in the same street.
>
> Thanks
> Mal
> Oz
> "MarshalN" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>>
>> Draconus wrote:
>>

>> > Thanks Marshall for the heads up. Yes I know Peking Road in TST, will

> now
>> > definitely look it up.
>> >
>> > Cheers
>> > Mal
>> > Oz

>> Well, if you know Peking Road.... it's on the side of Nathan Road where
>> the Peninsula is (and where the Hyatt used to be). In fact, the store
>> location (as I was told -- since I left HK before they were done
>> renovating) is where the exit ramp for the Hyatt faced. Basically, if
>> you turn in from Nathan Road, it's no more than half a block from
>> Nathan Road on your left hand side, I think.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

"samarkand" > wrote in message
> Hi Mal,
>
> OK shan't talk about the compressed brick... :")

No, we won't will we ! But i did learn what really crap pu-erh tastes like
so it wasn't a total waste of money ;-)

> You will find a much larger Yu Hwa on Central (or is it Queens...I need to
> locations!) on Hongkong island.

yeah there is a large one in Central and another one up Nathan Road in
Jordon.
(mind you the wife gets a bit queezy at that one with the snake wine in the
window!) But IIRC, I think the Central one had more tea to offer

> 7542 can range from the very cheap to the ridiculously expensive,
> depending on what you are looking for. A late 80s 7542 would be in the
> range of HK$2000-3000, while the later productions, especially in the last
> 5 years, can be between HK$100 - 400...but do try the tea before you plonk
> down the cash!

Ooh yeah, i'm prepared to go for somewhere in the middle, but I have to like
it before I plonk down any sort of cash. If I come home with some nasty tea
and the missus misses out on her Gucci handband , my name will be mud.

Anyway must go, wife is eager to start packing ! ..we don't leave till
Monday :-((
Cheers
Mal
Oz

> Danny
>
> "Draconus" > wrote in message
>> Danny,
>> Printed and added to my shopping list.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Somewhere here some wires have got crossed - didn't buy any (drinkable)
>> pu-er in Singers, just some Butterfly branded Wu-i Yen Cha Oolong -
>> which I
>> found to be very drinkable for what I paid for it - about $US20 for
>> 150gms.
>> Was from Yue Hwa in China Town. I also bought my first compressed
>> brick -
>> cost me $2.50! You can brew the beejezzus out of it and it still comes
>> out
>> dark red !!
>>
>> What would you call a ridiculous price for the 7542??- I don't have a
>> benchmark to compare.
>>
>> This is my first trip to HK looking for tea so I want to come back with a
>> few teas that I know to be decent to use as a foundation to compare teas
>> that I buy online when I get back.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Mal
>> Oz
>>

>> "samarkand" > wrote in message
>>> Mal of Oz,
>>>
>>> You can find the pu'er cake mentioned by MarshalN on my blog
>>> http://teemann.blogspot.com, under the Nov. 2005 archives.
>>>
>>> If you are looking for good quality Yan Cha, you might want to follow
>>> MarshalN's lead and head straight to Best Teahouse instead. I have
>>> tried
>>> oolongs and pu'ers from several shops in Hongkong, and for me, I prefer

>> the
>>> Yan Cha offered by The Best Teahouse. If you can tell me where you
>>> bought
>>> your Yan Cha in Singapore, I might be able to provide you a rought

>> indicator
>>> which shop to go to in Hongkong to hopefully match your tastebuds.
>>>
>>> You mentioned that Lam Kie Yuen has 3 cakes under its name, that would
>>> be
>>> probably be the 2002, 2004 and 2006 'house brand' pu'ers. They are good
>>> stuff, but a little humid-stored. Ask to try the 1997 cake, that would

>> give
>>> you a benchmark of what humid storage Hongkong pu'er is like, then ask
>>> try the rest, and settle for what you prefer.
>>>
>>> The Best Teahouse also has several good pu'ers, the famous one being the
>>> (thereabout) 1988 Menghai raw pu'er code 7542. This cake by now would be
>>> commanding a ridiculous price. The one I also like is the Zhen Chun Ya

>> Hao -
>>> pricey as well, but cheaper than the 88 cake. Of the mid-range Yan Cha,

>> the
>>> Drunken Concubine, Zui Gui Fei, is my constant favourite.

>> www.besttea.com.hk
>>>

>>> Danny

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Ying Kee is quite mediocre. I wouldn't go there.

Any of the vendors on Bonham street will beat Ying kee in what they
offer, I think, and at lower cost.

Best Tea House is expensive, but good selection.

samarkand wrote:
> Almost forgot, along Hankow street opposite HMV there's a teashop called
> Ying Kee.
>
> I find their offering mediocre, but you might find some yan cha you like
> there. Try the Look Onn tea, they have several varieties with flavourings,
> which are interesting.
>
> :")
>
> Danny
>

> "Draconus" > wrote in message
> > Yup, know it mate, I think theres a Delaneys Irish pub in the same street.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Mal
> > Oz
> > "MarshalN" > wrote in message
> > oups.com...

> > now

> >> Well, if you know Peking Road.... it's on the side of Nathan Road where
> >> the Peninsula is (and where the Hyatt used to be). In fact, the store
> >> location (as I was told -- since I left HK before they were done
> >> renovating) is where the exit ramp for the Hyatt faced. Basically, if
> >> you turn in from Nathan Road, it's no more than half a block from
> >> Nathan Road on your left hand side, I think.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Draconus wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Lam Kie Yuen Tea Co., Ltd, Bonham Strand, Sheung Wan, HK www.lyktea.com
>
> Off to HK next week and found this retailer via web search. Would anybody
> on the group living in or knowing HK have any experience with this retailer?
> His product range appears extensive and price list appears to be reasonable
> (to me as a newbie anyway). Obvioulsy can't assess the quality from the
> web, hence my query. His product range and prices are listed on the order
> form.
>
> Cheers
> Mal
> Oz.

How did the shopping trip go? Any luck?

Premier Cru (US retailer) DaleW Wine 14 10-08-2016 09:17 PM
China angry at U.S. retailer Mark Thorson General Cooking 16 03-11-2011 07:50 AM
US retailer for red burg? [email protected] Wine 0 09-09-2005 09:27 PM
Canadian online retailer Poe Tea 7 14-01-2005 07:39 AM
please recommend cap machine retailer Jerry Sievers Coffee 4 21-12-2003 07:21 PM