Posted to alt.food.sushi
Timur Tabi

Default Where can I get personalized chopsticks

I want to purchase personalized chopsticks as Christmas gifts. I know
a bunch of companies make cheap personalized chopsticks as wedding
favors, but that's not what I'm looking for. These companies require
orders in bulk (like a minimum of 30), and each one has the same text
on it. What I want to is to buy ONE pair of NICE chopsticks (hardwood
or silver) and have it personalized. Does anyone know where I can get
something like this? I've searched the Internet and found nothing.

Posted to alt.food.sushi

"Timur Tabi" > wrote:
> I want to purchase personalized chopsticks as Christmas gifts. I know
> a bunch of companies make cheap personalized chopsticks as wedding
> favors, but that's not what I'm looking for. These companies require
> orders in bulk (like a minimum of 30), and each one has the same text
> on it. What I want to is to buy ONE pair of NICE chopsticks (hardwood
> or silver) and have it personalized. Does anyone know where I can get
> something like this? I've searched the Internet and found nothing.

If there's a Chinatown or Japantown nearby, you might seek out an engraver
or calligrapher.

--
Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled War on Terror Veterans and
their families:

Posted to alt.food.sushi
Greg R. Broderick

"Timur Tabi" > wrote in
ups.com:

> What I want to is to buy ONE pair of NICE chopsticks (hardwood
> or silver) and have it personalized.

IMHO...

I'd recommend buying one pair of very nice, and sufficiently unique
chopsticks and skipping the engraving -- if the chopsticks are unique
(perhaps custom-made?), then the engraving won't be necessary. Given the
size of most pairs of chopsticks, engraving isn't going to be readily
visible to others. I'd also think that engraving would make the
chopsticks more difficult to clean, as well.

Cheers
GRB