Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Personalized wine labels

We are considering giving each party guest a wine bottle bearing a
label related to the event.

We wold like the bottles to have personalized labels we can
super-impose on the wine of our choice. We need a fairly small batch
of lables.

Will appreciate your suggeting suitable US printers.

Thanks.

Leo

P.S.: I have looked on the web and there are lots of outfits that do
this. I am looking for one that works and is reasonbly priced. Don't
want to experiment.

Posted to alt.food.wine

I did not explain myself well in the original message (and please
excuse the triplicate post).

We are looking just for the *labels* and not wine. We just want to
use them to cover-up the original labels on bottles, that way we are
assured the wine is good but the bottle will have our label.

Thanks.

On 16 Jan 2007 01:09:08 GMT, (Hunt) wrote:

>In article .com>,
says...

--
================================
Check out the MiamiWine blog.

Posted to alt.food.wine

Here is a consideration: purchase Avery labels and use their free
software to make your own labels. I do it all the time for my home wine
making.
They have different size labels, so measure your labels. If you'd like a
sample or two of my labels, I could send them to you. (remove the x's in
my email). I use clip art off the web.

For instance, I use Avery # 6464 which is a 3 1/3 x 4 inch removable ID
label, so afterwards, I can remove them without any problem. Avery has
free software that customizes to each label size. www.avery.com and look
for DesignPro software.

One warning, I do have to clear spray the labels prior to taking off the
sheets, since they are not water proof. But clear spray, let it dry, and
you are good to go.

maybe this is too cheap an answer. smile. DAve

Leo Bueno wrote:
> I did not explain myself well in the original message (and please
> excuse the triplicate post).
>
> We are looking just for the *labels* and not wine. We just want to
> use them to cover-up the original labels on bottles, that way we are
> assured the wine is good but the bottle will have our label.
>
> Thanks.
>
> On 16 Jan 2007 01:09:08 GMT, (Hunt) wrote:
>
>> In article .com>,

says...

>>> We are considering giving each party guest a wine bottle bearing a
>>> label related to the event.
>>>
>>> We wold like the bottles to have personalized labels we can
>>> super-impose on the wine of our choice. We need a fairly small batch
>>> of lables.
>>>
>>> Will appreciate your suggeting suitable US printers.
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> Leo
>>>

>>> P.S.: I have looked on the web and there are lots of outfits that do
>>> this. I am looking for one that works and is reasonbly priced. Don't
>>> want to experiment.

>> Windsor Winery (Cellars?), in Windsor, CA (Sonoma) does this. I've had a few
>> of their lower-end wines, that left something to be desired IN the bottle, but
>> a few have been quite good (probably a higer-end product inside). The labels
>> have been great, in most cases, and some have become "keepers," especially as
>> I consider those particular labels probably better than the wine inside.
>>
>> There is also a producer (not sure if they are affiliated with a winery, are a
>> winery, or a distributor) in the New Orleans Area, that does Mardi-Gras-themed
>> custom labels. I have looked for my bookmark, but have had no luck - sorry.
>>
>> Hunt

> --
> Check out the MiamiWine blog.

http://MiamiWine.com

Personalized wine labels [email protected] Wine 0 14-01-2007 03:11 PM
Personalized wine labels [email protected] Wine 0 14-01-2007 03:11 PM
Wine Labels - what do you use? DAve Allison Winemaking 13 10-05-2006 01:10 AM
wine labels [email protected] Wine 0 26-07-2005 07:53 PM
Wine Labels Atrebla Winemaking 1 23-08-2004 03:31 AM