karlo

Default Hamachi Kama

Hello,

I have had hamachi kama before. It has a small fin on it. From a
whole fish, what do I do to cut out this piece? Does anyone have a
diagram to illustrate where to cut?

Thanks
Karl
Michael

"karlo" > wrote in message
om...
> Hello,
>
> I have had hamachi kama before. It has a small fin on it. From a
> whole fish, what do I do to cut out this piece? Does anyone have a
> diagram to illustrate where to cut?
>
> Thanks
> Karl

Basically it is the collar or just behind the front pectoral fin (that may
be a redundant description) of the fish. One of the times when chop sticks
make much more sense then western tools. Getting all the goodies is simple
with chop sticks and almost impossible with a fork.

Michael

"karlo" > wrote in message
om...
> Hello,
>
> I have had hamachi kama before. It has a small fin on it. From a
> whole fish, what do I do to cut out this piece? Does anyone have a
> diagram to illustrate where to cut?
>
> Thanks
> Karl

Basically it is the collar or just behind the front pectoral fin (that may
be a redundant description) of the fish. One of the times when chop sticks
make much more sense then western tools. Getting all the goodies is simple
with chop sticks and almost impossible with a fork.

Musashi

"Michael" > wrote in message

> "karlo" > wrote in message
> om...
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have had hamachi kama before. It has a small fin on it. From a
> > whole fish, what do I do to cut out this piece? Does anyone have a
> > diagram to illustrate where to cut?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Karl

> Basically it is the collar or just behind the front pectoral fin (that may
> be a redundant description) of the fish. One of the times when chop

sticks
> make much more sense then western tools. Getting all the goodies is

simple
> with chop sticks and almost impossible with a fork.

My local Japanese food store occasionally sells Hamachi no Kama on days
when a large supply of Hamachi sashimi is in the counter.
$5.99 a pound for Hamachi no Kama here in NYC suburbs.

Musashi

Hamachi kama Wilson[_2_] Sushi 6 04-08-2008 12:03 PM
Good Source For La Kama, Ras el Hanout, Baharat, and Berbere? Lisa R. General Cooking 5 25-12-2004 06:24 PM