Posted to alt.food.sushi

Default Better sushi forum someplace?

One that's not regularly trashed perhaps?
Posted to alt.food.sushi

wrote:
> One that's not regularly trashed perhaps?

We you asking or replying? We've been trashed lately?

--
Dan
Posted to alt.food.sushi

wrote:
> One that's not regularly trashed perhaps?

I have one at
http://www.sushifaq.com/wasabi but after a major DB crash
I lost all old posts (and learned a valuable lesson about trusting ISPs
to backup my databases). It's back up, lightly moderated, but not very busy.

--
HTTP://www.sushifaq.com/ The Sushi FAQ ...><((((º>
HTTP://www.sushifaq.com/sushiotaku/ The Sushi Otaku Blog
Posted to alt.food.sushi

You must be looking at this thing via something other than Google,
Dan. I guess your newsreader filters out all the copious spam. I
don't know much about newsreaders and i'm not interested enough to
delve into the subject, but from where i'm looking at this place -
groups.google.com - it's quite thoroughly trashed, with regularity
lately.
Posted to alt.food.sushi

There are a few random spam messages that pop up but those are
ignored. If you want to learn about the art of sushi then I can send
you to excellent websites that will get you started. If you have a
question though then you want to be here. The reg's here are smart and
will answer any question if you can't find something. I've made sushi
at home for 12 years and I thank everyone on here for the questions
I've had answered. And I say...

"Sushi progresses every day...Just having though it is enough!"

Happy Rolling,

>One that's not regularly trashed perhaps?

Posted to alt.food.sushi

There are a few random spam messages that pop up but those are
ignored. If you want to learn about the art of sushi then I can send
you to excellent websites that will get you started. If you have a
question though then you want to be here. The reg's here are smart and
will answer any question if you can't find something. I've made sushi
at home for 12 years and I thank everyone on here for the questions
I've had answered. And I say...

"Sushi progresses every day...Just having though it is enough!"

Happy Rolling,

>One that's not regularly trashed perhaps?

Posted to alt.food.sushi

In article >,
> wrote:
>One that's not regularly trashed perhaps?

Use a real news swerver rather than Gargle and you'll be better off.

Gargle spams Usenet consistently, to the point where a UDP has been
proposed, and there are already many sites that don't accept any
postings from GoogleGroups.

Seth

Posted to alt.food.sushi

On May 6, 12:41 pm, wrote:
> You must be looking at this thing via something other than Google,
> Dan. I guess your newsreader filters out all the copious spam. I
> don't know much about newsreaders and i'm not interested enough to
> delve into the subject, but from where i'm looking at this place -
> groups.google.com - it's quite thoroughly trashed, with regularity
> lately.

Firefox + Greasemonkey helps me out in killfiling the spam on Google
Groups. After uploading Greasemonkey, go to http://www.penney.org/googlegroupsplus.user.js
to activate the killfile.
Posted to alt.food.sushi

I did all that, Cygnia, but all the spam is still there. Now what?
Posted to alt.food.sushi

On May 7, 9:50 pm, wrote:
> I did all that, Cygnia, but all the spam is still there. Now what?

Have you been clicking the "x" next to the spambots' addresses and
hitting refresh afterwards?
Posted to alt.food.sushi

On May 7, 7:50 pm, Cygnia > wrote:
> On May 7, 9:50 pm, wrote:
>
> > I did all that, Cygnia, but all the spam is still there. Now what?

> Have you been clicking the "x" next to the spambots' addresses and
> hitting refresh afterwards?

I don;t see an X. There is a star I can click on and highlight. I did
that and hit refresh - and nothing happened.
Posted to alt.food.sushi

Hi, Fisherman - Thanks, but no thanks. I don't want to buy a program
just to clean up the spam on this one sparsely populated forum here.
I just look at one other google forum - gps. That one isn't besieged
by spam.