Posted to alt.food.sushi

Default The sushi police

http://www.ng2000.com/news.php?tp=sushi

IF you're enjoying sushi in a restaurant and a man is peering over your
shoulder and taking an unusually close interest in your food, do not take
offense. The gentleman could be a sushi policeman appointed by Tokyo to
check on the "Japanese-ness" of Japanese restaurants.

Posted to alt.food.sushi

On 2006-12-03 03:14:10 -0800, "NG2000" > said:

> http://www.ng2000.com/news.php?tp=sushi
>
> IF you're enjoying sushi in a restaurant and a man is peering over your
> shoulder and taking an unusually close interest in your food, do not take
> offense. The gentleman could be a sushi policeman appointed by Tokyo to
> check on the "Japanese-ness" of Japanese restaurants.

More likely they'll be following the actions of the chef, not snooping
over your plate.
--
What a day this has been, what a rare mood I'm in.

Posted to alt.food.sushi

Maybe a KGB agent?

Gerry wrote:
> On 2006-12-03 03:14:10 -0800, "NG2000" > said:
>
>> http://www.ng2000.com/news.php?tp=sushi
>>
>> IF you're enjoying sushi in a restaurant and a man is peering over your
>> shoulder and taking an unusually close interest in your food, do not take
>> offense. The gentleman could be a sushi policeman appointed by Tokyo to
>> check on the "Japanese-ness" of Japanese restaurants.

> More likely they'll be following the actions of the chef, not snooping
> over your plate.

Posted to alt.food.sushi

On Sun, 3 Dec 2006 03:14:10 -0800, "NG2000" > wrote:

>http://www.ng2000.com/news.php?tp=sushi
>
>IF you're enjoying sushi in a restaurant and a man is peering over your
>shoulder and taking an unusually close interest in your food, do not take
>offense. The gentleman could be a sushi policeman appointed by Tokyo to
>check on the "Japanese-ness" of Japanese restaurants.

I swear, I'll poke him in the eye with my hashi! No fair making the
evil eye at my sushi!
Posted to alt.food.sushi

In article >, says...

http://www.ng2000.com/news.php?tp=sushi

>IF you're enjoying sushi in a restaurant and a man is peering over your
>shoulder and taking an unusually close interest in your food, do not take
>offense. The gentleman could be a sushi policeman appointed by Tokyo to
>check on the "Japanese-ness" of Japanese restaurants.

In Napoli they have similar "Pizza" police to make sure that authentic
Neapolitan Pizzas are authentic Neapolitan Pizzas.
--
Carl Robson
Audio stream: http://www.bouncing-czechs.com:8000/samtest

You're eating sushi all wrong! Tokyo sushi chef teaches proper way toeat sushi Travis McGee General Cooking 86 12-09-2015 02:41 AM
Police raid sf[_9_] General Cooking 247 12-03-2015 10:27 AM
A new low for the police state RichD Wine 0 21-11-2011 05:19 PM
More on the Sushi Police Musashi Sushi 0 20-03-2007 11:06 PM
Mexican cooking Police? Whitt Alvin Patronos Nardy Mexican Cooking 3 29-09-2004 05:53 AM