Posted to rec.food.sourdough

Default Yummmm... with pictures..

Last night I baked some bread, and it came out so nice, I decided to
share it with you..

I used Carl's starter, and Patent flour. baked it at 450f, and spayed
water a few times at the start.

the bread came out perfect! Tangy, great crumb, soft enough and chewy
enough..Just right...

http://www.litman.com/forum%20%20tem...read/dough.jpg

http://www.litman.com/forum%20%20tem...ad%20baked.jpg

http://www.litman.com/forum%20%20tem...read%20cut.jpg

Arie

Posted to rec.food.sourdough

Arie wrote:
> Last night I baked some bread, and it came out so nice, I decided to
> share it with you..
>
> I used Carl's starter, and Patent flour. baked it at 450f, and spayed
> water a few times at the start.

Ed Replies:
Arie, that is great looking bread. Thanks for sharing your pictures.
Other people on this newsgroup appreciate your pictures too because it
shows the possiblities for the home baker. Next time if you want
feedback on the forum you might want to title your post 'Where to Find
Cheap Spatulas' or 'OMG, OMG, look at these buns'. (that's intended as
humor)

A couple of questions: Is Patent flour a brand name or generic for
long patent bread flour. Also, did you use a hot baking stone or did
you use the cold start billowy loaves method for baking, because the
crust looks awesome.

Your post inspired me to resume sourdough baking this weekend after a
long hiatus.

Ed Bechtel

Posted to rec.food.sourdough

The unbaked dough looks so wet...glossy...kind of oiled. Was it sticky
to work with? How much kneading did you do?

The final product looks good, light.

Posted to rec.food.sourdough

"Arie" > wrote

> http://www.litman.com/forum%20%20tem...read%20cut.jpg

Arie, great looking crust, the crumb looks a little dense though, is that as
you wanted it?

hutchndi

Posted to rec.food.sourdough

Arie wrote:
> Last night I baked some bread, and it came out so nice, I decided to
> share it with you..

<SNIP> the bread came out perfect! Tangy, great crumb, soft enough and chewy
> enough..Just right...
>

> http://www.litman.com/forum%20%20tem...read/dough.jpg
>

> http://www.litman.com/forum%20%20tem...ad%20baked.jpg
>

> http://www.litman.com/forum%20%20tem...read%20cut.jpg

OK Arie
I am green with envy ... how on earth do you make bread like that??

I made my second sourdough loaf yesterday and would be far too ashamed of
the final results to post pics on this group <bg> :-)

I shall go into further details on a different thread.
--

Di

"The hurrier I am the behinder I get"

Posted to rec.food.sourdough

I had sprayed the dough with water just before putting it in for
baking, that's why it looks wet, cause ti it.. The dough was just
right to work with, it ended up soft and silky, like a baby's butt..

Posted to rec.food.sourdough

yes, it is a bit more dens that I would like, but was yummy none the
less.. I should have let it rise one more hour, but it was late..

Posted to rec.food.sourdough

years of experience..LOL... I believe that the ration of water to flour
is the toughest thing to get. It is different from flour to flour and
from day to day... I end up trusting the feel of the dough to decide
when the dough is dry enough.. another "trick" I use is when ever I
add flour to the dough I give it a good short mix, and then I wait
10-15 min to let it soak up the water and then I continue to kneed...
if you ask 10 people you will get 11 opinions..

Posted to rec.food.sourdough

OH Arie, your bread looks sooooooooooooo good!!!!! ;-) nancy

Pictures Brick[_5_] Barbecue 1 25-09-2011 08:13 AM
Pictures George Shirley Preserving 25 17-08-2008 07:08 AM
Get the red hot pictures, images & Pictures of the BollywoodActresses sureka General Cooking 0 10-05-2008 12:41 PM
RKT Pictures Lou Decruss General Cooking 1 29-11-2006 05:34 PM