FoodBanter.com

-   Sourdough (https://www.foodbanter.com/sourdough/)
-   -   refrigerating the starter (https://www.foodbanter.com/sourdough/430911-re-refrigerating-starter.html)

The Ancient One 18-09-2014 08:30 PM

refrigerating the starter

On 1 Jul 2003 21:27:57 -0700, (rabbits77)
wrote:

>refrigerate

You never put in the refrigerate you let it set out I just posted some
recipes for Sourdough starter and Bread recipe try them.

Shadow[_3_] 19-09-2014 02:38 PM

refrigerating the starter

On Thu, 18 Sep 2014 15:30:13 -0400, The Ancient One
> wrote:

>On 1 Jul 2003 21:27:57 -0700, (rabbits77)
>wrote:
>
>>refrigerate

>You never put in the refrigerate you let it set out I just posted some
>recipes for Sourdough starter and Bread recipe try them.

I beg to disagree. You should ALWAYS refrigerate your
sourdough starter, unless you use it daily, or live in Alaska.
And WTF were those links telling people to make their starters
with commercial yeast/vinegar/etc ?
Starter is made with water and flour (wheat or rye). Nothing
else is necessary.
[]'s

PS The post you replied to was posted 11 years back, it's
almost as old as my (refrigerator stored) starter.
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012