Ripmarge

Default Mixing sour dough in a K/A stand mixer

Does anyone have any hints about using a mixer to knead the dough?
If the dough was all on the hook looking good , then decides to turn back into
,mush, do you think it means that I have let it go too long of it needs more
flour.
Dick Adams

"Kenneth" > wrote in message =

> [ ... ]

> ... if it is forming a ball on the hook, I would suggest that it is =

too dry.=20

That is contrary to my understanding. The dough hook does its best job
by dragging a ball around the bowl. Slack doughs may be better served =
by
a beater.

> Bake up a loaf and see what the results are rather than being =

concerned=20
> about the look of the dough in the mixing bowl.

That's a pot luck approach. The quality of the dough in the mixing =
bowl,
and one's ability to assess it, are paramount.

I doubt, anyway, if a K/A is among Kenneth's mixers.

---
DickA

Stand mixer limey Cooking Equipment 4 15-07-2005 01:00 AM
Stand mixer limey General Cooking 3 15-07-2005 12:51 AM
Which KA stand mixer? [email protected] Cooking Equipment 9 06-07-2005 08:58 PM
Best stand mixer? GingerRose Baking 11 27-07-2004 03:05 PM
Hand mixing vs. Stand mixing Cadie Baking 12 23-06-2004 07:52 PM