Dick Adams

Default Bread photos

Photos can add substantial credibility to advice for breadmaking
and can help a lot towards focusing and elucidating requests for
help.

Very little pixel power is needed for web photos*, but for bread
and other small objects, close-up ("macro") capability is essential.

Amazon.com today advertises a closeout special on the Fugifilm
FinePix model A210 ($130 minus a penny). It's overkill for=20
resolution, and has macro capability.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0305/03052703fujia210z.asp

It seems amazing to me that there are some self-proclaimedly=20
expert and ostensibly affluent advice givers who have been here=20
for years who have never figured out how to get a photo into web=20
space so as to be able to link it to a newsgroup post.

--=20
Dick Adams
<firstname> dot <lastname> at bigfoot dot com

* For instance, see these photos of Iggy's Francense SD which I=20
took with a fixed-focus Polaroid digital camera which claims ~ 0.9
megapixels, but has a swingout lens for close-up use.
http://www.prettycolors.com/bread_culture/iggys.htm

ab

BEHOLD! Now sourdough expert Adams offers his expertise on PHOTOGRAPHY!
Along with the usual caustic comments regarding our inabilities to do
anything without his expert(?) guidance.

AB

Oh heck! Just realized that I put my answer to his post above, instead of
within or under his missive. He has warned us time and time again about
this. (I just gave myself 2 demerits.)

--
Dick Adams
<firstname> dot <lastname> at bigfoot dot com

* For instance, see these photos of Iggy's Francense SD which I
took with a fixed-focus Polaroid digital camera which claims ~ 0.9
megapixels, but has a swingout lens for close-up use.
http://www.prettycolors.com/bread_culture/iggys.htm

williamwaller

On 5/18/04 9:17 AM, "ab" > wrote:

> BEHOLD! Now sourdough expert Adams offers his expertise on PHOTOGRAPHY!
> Along with the usual caustic comments regarding our inabilities to do
> anything without his expert(?) guidance.
>
> AB
>
> Oh heck! Just realized that I put my answer to his post above, instead of
> within or under his missive. He has warned us time and time again about
> this. (I just gave myself 2 demerits.)

AB,

Do you disagree with the utility of image posting to facilitate these
discussions/postings or with Dick Adams for suggesting it?

I think incorporating images contributes a great deal of clarity to bread
discussions. Samartha Deva's web pages are a good example of this. Imagine
how much better the RFS FAQ's might be if they were illustrated or
photographed.

I've enjoyed this text based forum for many months but I think RFS would be
better if contributors could, or would, consider taking it to the next
level. Seeing beautiful loaves prepared and baked in ordinary circumstances
would support and encourage the bread baking community. I think it would
grow our numbers as well.

The benefits available to us are much more significant than proving
expertise or affluence.

Will

> "Dick Adams" > wrote in message
> Photos can add substantial credibility to advice for breadmaking
> and can help a lot towards focusing and elucidating requests for
> help.
>
> Very little pixel power is needed for web photos*, but for bread
> and other small objects, close-up ("macro") capability is essential.
>
> Amazon.com today advertises a closeout special on the Fugifilm
> FinePix model A210 ($130 minus a penny). It's overkill for
> resolution, and has macro capability.
>
> http://www.dpreview.com/news/0305/03052703fujia210z.asp
>
> It seems amazing to me that there are some self-proclaimedly
> expert and ostensibly affluent advice givers who have been here
> for years who have never figured out how to get a photo into web
> space so as to be able to link it to a newsgroup post.
>
> --
> Dick Adams
> <firstname> dot <lastname> at bigfoot dot com
>
> * For instance, see these photos of Iggy's Francense SD which I
> took with a fixed-focus Polaroid digital camera which claims ~ 0.9
> megapixels, but has a swingout lens for close-up use.
> http://www.prettycolors.com/bread_culture/iggys.htm

http://www.otherwhen.com/mailman/lis...food.sourdough

Dick Adams

With regard to my message=20

"ab" > wrote in message=20

> [ ... ]

> Oh heck! Just realized that I put my answer to his post above, instead =

of
> within or under his missive. He has warned us time and time again =

about
> this.

It was not me. You should learn to be careful with your attributions.

Sometimes I have suggested to edit out irrelevant quoted material as =
suggested=20
in item 4 of http://www.nyx.net/~dgreenw/newcomertips.html

However, for idiots who have nothing at all to say, that can make the =
replies=20
quite short.

Bread photos David Dwyer Sourdough 4 23-01-2005 09:08 PM
new photos Mary Beth Goodman Sourdough 4 19-01-2005 11:49 PM
new photos Mary Beth Goodman Sourdough 0 18-01-2005 04:30 AM
Broken-Oven Bread (w/link to photos) Randall Nortman Sourdough 8 10-12-2004 06:24 PM
Cheap digital camera for bread photos Dick Adams Sourdough 1 30-03-2004 07:42 PM