FoodBanter.com

-   Sourdough (https://www.foodbanter.com/sourdough/)
-   -   It's getting to be bread time again (https://www.foodbanter.com/sourdough/13222-its-getting-bread-time.html)

David Feuer 20-04-2004 07:13 AM

It's getting to be bread time again

Passover is over and the school year is drawing painfully to a close, so
it's getting near time to start a starter and make some of that
sourdough bread. I'm also looking forward to working on making the
perfect whole wheat cinnamon roll. I now know that the local bakery
uses brown sugar, so I'll be sure to stick with that as I experiment.
My big trouble is making the rolls moist enough.

David

Ed Bechtel 20-04-2004 02:55 PM

It's getting to be bread time again

David,
Good to see you're back. I hadn't seen your name in a long time. I almost
started a "what happened to David Feuer and that Jeresey Devil guy" post, but I
feared an actual bread recipe might break out.

Ed Bechtel

Jane Lumley 21-04-2004 07:16 AM

It's getting to be bread time again

In article >, David Feuer <f.e.u.e.r-
> writes
>Passover is over and the school year is drawing painfully to a close, so
>it's getting near time to start a starter and make some of that
>sourdough bread. I'm also looking forward to working on making the
>perfect whole wheat cinnamon roll. I now know that the local bakery
>uses brown sugar, so I'll be sure to stick with that as I experiment.
>My big trouble is making the rolls moist enough.
>
>David

I've taken to using muscovado sugar for cinnamon rolls.
--
Jane Lumley