Posted to rec.food.restaurants

Default butter question

Random question:

In a typical diner in the U.S., is it common, uncommon, or
totally unheard of to brush butter onto a hamburger bun
before grilling it?

Thanks,

Steve
Posted to rec.food.restaurants

Steve Pope wrote:

> Random question:
>
> In a typical diner in the U.S., is it common, uncommon, or
> totally unheard of to brush butter onto a hamburger bun
> before grilling it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve

In my experience, it's an uncommon practice (alas & sigh). There is one
burger chain (Culvers), however, who's claim to fame is the "butter
burger" -- meaning they butter then grill their burger buns (not sure if
it's real butter or not, though) -- sort of like Steak & Shake burgers
only with grilled (buttered) buns.

I've also found it's also rather uncommon for diners, eateries, etc. to
even toast/grill their buns. To me, there's nothing worse than a "raw"
bun that hasn't been properly buttered or toasted/grilled <G>.

Sky
Posted to rec.food.restaurants

"Steve Pope" > wrote in message
> Random question:
>
> In a typical diner in the U.S., is it common, uncommon, or
> totally unheard of to brush butter onto a hamburger bun
> before grilling it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve

I have worked in 5 different Restaurants/dinners and all of them used liquid
margarine not butter.

Robert

Posted to rec.food.restaurants

I am a manager for a large casual dining restaurant. We use a liquid type
butter as do many other casual dining restaurants. These days we use a
automated bun toaster, it butters the bread and pushes it through like a
conveyor belt. Yes, we butter our hamburger buns.