Posted to rec.food.restaurants

Default Want to start a restaurant

I know I have heard all the bad things about starting a retaraunt but
my wife and I still have a dream of owning our own. What do I need to
do first? What kind of money do I need to start and any suggestions in
getting that money. We do not have experience in running a restaruant
and most banks probably wouldnt lend us the money with no experience.
Any suggestions on investors? We live in Riverside county in
California. The area is growing quickly however there are no real
places to eat here yet. Any serious help is apprectiated.

Thank You

Posted to rec.food.restaurants

In article . com>,
"cdfcapt" > wrote:

> I know I have heard all the bad things about starting a retaraunt but
> my wife and I still have a dream of owning our own. What do I need to
> do first? What kind of money do I need to start and any suggestions in
> getting that money. We do not have experience in running a restaruant
> and most banks probably wouldnt lend us the money with no experience.
> Any suggestions on investors? We live in Riverside county in
> California. The area is growing quickly however there are no real
> places to eat here yet. Any serious help is apprectiated.

Are there any restaurant schools or hospitality management departments
in local colleges, if so, you might check there to see if they have any
workshops on this subject. Talk to other restaurant owners in your area
and see if you can get a job working in a restaurant PT before you
plunge in and invest in one of your own. Getting involved with your
local Chamber of Commerce also might be beneficial.

Good luck!
Posted to rec.food.restaurants

On 23 Feb 2006 03:56:49 -0800, "cdfcapt" >
wrote:

>I know I have heard all the bad things about starting a retaraunt but
>my wife and I still have a dream of owning our own.

Why would anyone want to work 28 hours a day?

You both need to get a job in a restaurant. If that suits your
lifestyle...then look for an existing property and buy it.

Starting a restaurant requires more luck than winning a lottery and
twice the amount of cash you ever be able to get your hands on.

Good luck and Bon Appetit!

Posted to rec.food.restaurants

Can I suggest something that could help? A little off the beaten path
but all roads lead to Rome! It's a short clip...belongs to my friend.
Just cut and paste into your web browser:

http://dice.myopportunitypro.com/flash1

For further info go to:

http://dice.ProBuilderPlus.com

Posted to rec.food.restaurants

You can visit a Restaurant Equipment and Supply store.
Such as Concord Equipment Co.
1125 S. Anaheim Blvd
Anaheim, CA 92805

Ask for what financing options they have.

Need to start The Cook Preserving 0 25-01-2009 02:44 PM
Deconstructing a restaurant's wine price list (Miami Beach's Yuca Restaurant) Leo Bueno[_2_] Wine 0 07-09-2008 09:53 PM
When did you start? Nonnymus[_5_] Barbecue 44 13-04-2008 03:00 AM
Restaurant start up.. Where to start? Bill Restaurants 1 20-01-2004 11:53 PM