Jimmy G

Default South Carolina Donuts

We'll be in Western southern So.Carolina next month. Of all things, my
wife want me to find the best doughnuts in the area (Charleston, Cornell,
Aiken, Abbeville, Savannah GA).

Personally, I'd like some good seafood & BBQ references.

Anybody out there with recent experience in this area?

Thanks much!

Edward Bednarczyk

On 8/31/04 11:48 PM, in article oEbZc.5604$Mf.2807@fed1read02, "Jimmy G"
> wrote:

> We'll be in Western southern So.Carolina next month. Of all things, my
> wife want me to find the best doughnuts in the area (Charleston, Cornell,
> Aiken, Abbeville, Savannah GA).
>
> Personally, I'd like some good seafood & BBQ references.
>
> Anybody out there with recent experience in this area?
>
> Thanks much!

Well Charleston doesn't exactly qualify as "Western" SC, but when I lived
there, there was a place called Circus doughnuts that was absolutely
fantastic. Don't know if it still survives

--
Ed Bednarczyk
www.nucmed.buffalo.edu/ed

Edward Bednarczyk

On 8/31/04 11:48 PM, in article oEbZc.5604$Mf.2807@fed1read02, "Jimmy G"
> wrote:

> We'll be in Western southern So.Carolina next month. Of all things, my
> wife want me to find the best doughnuts in the area (Charleston, Cornell,
> Aiken, Abbeville, Savannah GA).
>
> Personally, I'd like some good seafood & BBQ references.
>
> Anybody out there with recent experience in this area?
>
> Thanks much!

Well Charleston doesn't exactly qualify as "Western" SC, but when I lived
there, there was a place called Circus doughnuts that was absolutely
fantastic. Don't know if it still survives

--
Ed Bednarczyk
www.nucmed.buffalo.edu/ed

Jimmy G

Sorry about the typo. I meant southern AND western So.Carolina.

Regardless, thanks for the tip. We'll certainly check it out.

Jimmy G

Sorry about the typo. I meant southern AND western So.Carolina.

Regardless, thanks for the tip. We'll certainly check it out.

Doughnuts?
Hell the thing I look for when I'm up there is the best Slaw dog........

--
"I have seen the worst that man can do.and I can still laugh loudly"
R.J. Goldman

http://www.usidfvets.com

and

http://www.stopfcc.com

"Jimmy G" > wrote in message
> Sorry about the typo. I meant southern AND western So.Carolina.
>
> Regardless, thanks for the tip. We'll certainly check it out.

Jimmy G

OK.... Don't leave me hanging!

I want to try the best of the regional favorites whatever it is (Except for
deep fried lard on a stick).

Is a Slaw Dog a hotdog with cole-slaw on it, or is it something else?

Yup a slaw dog. comes on a soft poppy seed bun covered with southern style
Cole slaw. it's one of the best things to come out of the south since Mayo
on everything;-)

"Jimmy G" > wrote in message
> OK.... Don't leave me hanging!
>
> I want to try the best of the regional favorites whatever it is (Except

for
> deep fried lard on a stick).
>
> Is a Slaw Dog a hotdog with cole-slaw on it, or is it something else?

Walter H. Klaus

When in Charleston, go to Bessingers Barbeque and have some of their onion
rings. They are about the size of a donut. They are a chain and located in a
couple of locations in the Charleston area.

Walter H. Klaus
"Jimmy G" > wrote in message
newsEbZc.5604$Mf.2807@fed1read02...
> We'll be in Western southern So.Carolina next month. Of all things, my
> wife want me to find the best doughnuts in the area (Charleston, Cornell,
> Aiken, Abbeville, Savannah GA).
>
> Personally, I'd like some good seafood & BBQ references.
>
> Anybody out there with recent experience in this area?
>
> Thanks much!

Odd Offering From South Carolina Electric & Gas jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 1 16-08-2013 04:20 AM
Chitlin's Recipe (Greenville, South Carolina Region) piedmont General Cooking 2 24-01-2011 11:19 PM
South Carolina Q? Barry Barbecue 3 23-07-2009 02:34 PM
Mustard-Based Central South Carolina BBQ Sauce Duckie ® Recipes 0 27-03-2005 07:15 PM
Mustard-Based Central South Carolina BBQ Sauce Duckie ® Recipes 0 27-03-2005 07:15 PM