Recipes (alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.

Tim

Default Chicken Korma

Chicken Korma

8 chicken thighs, skin removed

1 cup plain *yogurt

2 teaspoons curry powder

1 teaspoons salt

1 teaspoons ground coriander

1 teaspoons minced fresh ginger

1/2 teaspoon red pepper

1/2 teaspoon lemon juice

1 medium onion, chopped

1 large tomato peeled and chopped

2 bay leaves

4 cloves garlic, minced

In a deep bowl, make marinade by mincing together yogurt, curry

powder, salt, coriander, ginger, garlic, red pepper and lemon juice.

Add chicken, turning to coat. Cover and let stand at room temperature

for 30 minutes.

In a frying pan, cook onion over medium heart for 5 minutes or until

light brown. Stir in tomato and bay leaves: cook 5 minutes. Add

chicken and marinade mixture to contents of frying pan and mix

thoroughly. Cover and simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently,

for about 30 minutes or until fork can be inserted in chicken with

ease. Serve over hot rice. Makes 4 servings

*Note: I like to make yogurt cheese, Drain yogurt in a cheesecloth for

a few hours. You will need more yogurt, but I think it makes a better

dish. Regular yogurt tends to separate when heated for a long time.

I have used non-fat sour cream too. It's not as sharp a sour taste,

but good.

Chicken Korma Samina Shaikh Recipes 3 14-05-2012 10:55 AM
Wonderful Chicken Korma Recipe Jenny21 Recipes 0 03-05-2012 10:13 PM
Chicken korma recipe - experiment [email protected] General Cooking 1 19-05-2007 02:53 PM
Chicken Korma [email protected] General Cooking 0 16-09-2005 07:50 PM
Chicken Korma (4) Collection Steven Grace Recipes (moderated) 0 10-01-2004 02:43 PM