Recipes (alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.

Member

Default Wonderful Chicken Korma Recipe

Love this recipe as it's not a sweet as others I have tried, it's also simple to do and always turns out well.

Ingredients (serves 4)

5 tbsp sunflower oil

2 medium onions

½ inch ginger, chopped

4 cloves garlic

½ tsp ground coriander

½ tsp ground cumin

¼ tsp turmeric

¼ tsp cayenne (or less depending on preference)

1 tbsp yogurt (full or low fat – your choice!) I always use low fat

350ml water (optional)

1½ medium tomato finely chopped - half a tin of chopped tomatos also works

450g diced chicken

1 tsp sugar

¼ tsp garam masala

Roughly 1 tbsp fresh coriander, finely chopped

1.Roughly chop half the onions and combine with the ginger and garlic in a blender to make a paste. Finely slice the remaining onions. Heat the oil in a heavy pan and when hot, fry the sliced onions until medium brown. Remove and drain on some kitchen towel and set aside.
2.Pour the onion paste made earlier to the pan and fry until golden brown. Add all the powdered spices into the pan and mix well. Gently stir in one tablespoon of yogurt at a time and mix well in between each spoonful.
3.Add the tomatoes and bring to the boil before adding the chicken. Cover and cook for 10 minutes (or until the chicken pieces are cooked)
4.Scatter the garam masala into the pan, stir in the fried onions and allow to cook uncovered for about 5 minutes to allow to reduce slightly (or according to your preference) If the curry has very little gravy, you may add the water at this point.
5.Sprinkle over the jaggery and mix well.

The original recipe is here Delicious Chicken Korma Recipe ? More Than Mummies but I have made a few changes to suit my tastes.

Chicken Korma Samina Shaikh Recipes 3 14-05-2012 10:55 AM
Chicken korma recipe - experiment [email protected] General Cooking 1 19-05-2007 02:53 PM
Chicken Korma [email protected] General Cooking 0 16-09-2005 07:50 PM
Chicken Korma Tim Recipes 0 13-08-2005 11:42 AM
Chicken Korma (4) Collection Steven Grace Recipes (moderated) 0 10-01-2004 02:43 PM