Recipes (alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.

Tim

Default "Dutch Baby" Pancake

"Dutch Baby" Pancake

6 Tbs (90 ml) butter

4 eggs

1 cup (250 ml) milk

1 cup (250 ml) flour

Fresh whole nutmeg

Powdered sugar for dusting

1 lemon

Put the butter in a heavy 10 inch (25 cm) iron skillet (a wok works

great, too) in a preheated 450F (230C) oven. Mix the batter quickly

while the butter melts. Put the eggs in a blender and mix at high

speed for 1 minute. With motor running gradually pour in the milk,

then the flour. Mix for 30 seconds. Pour all of the batter into the

hot skillet (make sure the skillet is hot) and bake 20 to 25 minutes.

Dust with powdered sugar and a grating of fresh nutmeg. Serve with

lemon wedges. Serves 4.

Bon appetit from the Chef and staff at World Wide Recipes