Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dutch Baby for breakfast

Squeaks made us a Dutch Baby this morning. It was all I could do to
not eat the whole thing, but I needed to restrain myself and leave
some for Bill.

Here's that little beauty hot out ot the oven.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/koko181...57627665944955

or
http://tinyurl.com/3jhnjac

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Dutch Baby

none

3 tablespoon Butter; melted and devided
1/2 cup flour
3 tablespoons vanilla sugar; plus more for dusting
1/2 cup whole milk; room temperature
2 large eggs; room temperature
lemon wedges

Preheat oven to 375°F.

Place 2 tablespoons of the melted butter into a 10-inch cast iron
skillet and place in the oven. Set the remaining tablespoon of butter
aside and cool slightly. Wait 10 minutes before assembling the other
ingredients.

Place the flour, vanilla sugar, milk, eggs and remaining tablespoon of
melted butter into the bowl of a food processor or blender and process
for 30 seconds. Carefully pour the batter into the preheated skillet.
Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until the
edges are puffed and brown.
Sprinkle with the additional vanilla sugar and serve with lemon
wedges.

Notes: Alton Brown via Squeaks

Yield: 4 servings

koko
James Beard

www.kokoscornerblog.com

Natural Watkins Spices
www.apinchofspices.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote in :

> Squeaks made us a Dutch Baby this morning. It was all I could do to
> not eat the whole thing, but I needed to restrain myself and leave
> some for Bill.
>
> Here's that little beauty hot out ot the oven.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/koko181...57627665944955

> or
> http://tinyurl.com/3jhnjac
>
> @@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format
>
> Dutch Baby

Thanks Koko......... you've given me another breakfast I can eat!!

Love the G&T pics in the album as well :-)

--
Peter Lucas
Hobart

Nothing ever truely dies
the Universe wastes nothing
everything is simply... transformed
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote in news:

www.kokoscornerblog.com

LOL!!! Looking at some of your pics......... the girl texting and riding on
the horse........

this is from when we went to Bali for my birthday.........

http://tinypic.com/m/f0aws6/3

Young girls and mobile phones....... the same the whole world over :-)

--
Peter Lucas
Hobart
Tasmania

Nothing ever truely dies
the Universe wastes nothing
everything is simply... transformed
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 02 Oct 2011 17:47:12 GMT, "I'm back."

wrote in news:

>> www.kokoscornerblog.com
>>

>LOL!!! Looking at some of your pics......... the girl texting and riding on
>the horse........
>
>this is from when we went to Bali for my birthday.........
>

>http://tinypic.com/m/f0aws6/3
>

>Young girls and mobile phones....... the same the whole world over :-)

LOL sure is. She has some pretty darned good balance to do that.
When we were riding I was lucky enough to have a sissy bar.

koko
James Beard

www.kokoscornerblog.com

Natural Watkins Spices
www.apinchofspices.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 02 Oct 2011 17:37:07 GMT, "I'm back."

wrote in :

>> Squeaks made us a Dutch Baby this morning. It was all I could do to
>> not eat the whole thing, but I needed to restrain myself and leave
>> some for Bill.
>>
>> Here's that little beauty hot out ot the oven.
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/koko181...57627665944955
>>
>> or
>> http://tinyurl.com/3jhnjac
>>
>> @@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format
>>
>> Dutch Baby
>>

>Thanks Koko......... you've given me another breakfast I can eat!!

Great, that makes me happy. I hope you like it.

>Love the G&T pics in the album as well :-)

Don't think you can have a bad G&T pic.

koko
James Beard

www.kokoscornerblog.com

Natural Watkins Spices
www.apinchofspices.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote in news:jmhi87pcstj9oqpn2kan2et51dj8no28e6@
4ax.com:

> On Sun, 02 Oct 2011 17:37:07 GMT, "I'm back."
> > wrote:

wrote in news:6b2h87pninvro4ulcpilgtpqf1uqhqvoni@

4ax.com:

>>> Squeaks made us a Dutch Baby this morning. It was all I could do to
>>> not eat the whole thing, but I needed to restrain myself and leave
>>> some for Bill.
>>>
>>> Here's that little beauty hot out ot the oven.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/koko181/6204040038/in/set-
72157627665944955

>>> or
>>> http://tinyurl.com/3jhnjac
>>>
>>> @@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format
>>>
>>> Dutch Baby
>>>

>>Thanks Koko......... you've given me another breakfast I can eat!!

> Great, that makes me happy. I hope you like it.

I'll let you know.

>>Love the G&T pics in the album as well :-)

> Don't think you can have a bad G&T pic.

I've got some from Malaysia, and some from Bali, will have to dig them out
and post. Not nearly as artistic as yours though :-)

--
Peter Lucas
Hobart
Tasmania

Nothing ever truely dies
the Universe wastes nothing
everything is simply... transformed
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Peter claimed:

> this is from when we went to Bali for my birthday.........
>

> http://tinypic.com/m/f0aws6/3

Unlikely. What web site did you copy this picture from?