Recipes (alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.

Thumper

Default Crockpot Turkey Recipe Needed

I'm planning on having a turkey breast for Thanksgiving. My family doesn't
care much for the dark meat, so I'm going to try the breast only this year.
My daughter suggested cooking it in the crockpot. Does anyone have a good
turkey breast crockpot recipe and/or any suggestions on cooking time?

Thanks

7Hawks

Thumper wrote:
> I'm planning on having a turkey breast for Thanksgiving. My family doesn't
> care much for the dark meat, so I'm going to try the breast only this year.
> My daughter suggested cooking it in the crockpot. Does anyone have a good
> turkey breast crockpot recipe and/or any suggestions on cooking time?
>
> Thanks

Here's one that is traditional. I have others if you want to experiment.

* Exported from BigOven *

Sunday Dinner Turkey Breast

Recipe By :Southern U.S. Cuisine (crockpot collection) at htt
Serving Size :8
Cuisine :
Main Ingred. :
Categories :Turkey Poultry

-------- ------------- --------------------------------
5 pounds turkey breast - (to 6 lbs)
1 stick butter or margarine --melted
Freshly-ground black pepper --to taste
2 tablespoon cornstarch

Wash turkey breast thoroughly and pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle
pepper over all (no salt). Place in large crock pot. Melt butter or
margarine in microwave oven and pour over turkey breast.

Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 to 7 hours, or until turkey gets brown and
juices run clear when pierced with a knife. Pour the juice from the
crockpot into a saucepan. Bring to boil slowly, then add a couple of
tablespoons of cornstarch and some water, about 1 to 1 1/2 cups. Whisk
over medium-low heat until smooth and thickened.

This recipe yields 8 servings.

Formatted for MC5 08-24-1999 by Joe Comiskey -

** This recipe can be pasted directly into BigOven for Windows. **
** Easy Windows recipe software. Try it free at
www.bigoven.com. **

7Hawks

Thumper wrote:
> I'm planning on having a turkey breast for Thanksgiving. My family doesn't
> care much for the dark meat, so I'm going to try the breast only this year.
> My daughter suggested cooking it in the crockpot. Does anyone have a good
> turkey breast crockpot recipe and/or any suggestions on cooking time?
>
> Thanks

Here's one that is traditional. I have others if you want to experiment.

* Exported from BigOven *

Sunday Dinner Turkey Breast

Recipe By :Southern U.S. Cuisine (crockpot collection) at htt
Serving Size :8
Cuisine :
Main Ingred. :
Categories :Turkey Poultry

-------- ------------- --------------------------------
5 pounds turkey breast - (to 6 lbs)
1 stick butter or margarine --melted
Freshly-ground black pepper --to taste
2 tablespoon cornstarch

Wash turkey breast thoroughly and pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle
pepper over all (no salt). Place in large crock pot. Melt butter or
margarine in microwave oven and pour over turkey breast.

Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 to 7 hours, or until turkey gets brown and
juices run clear when pierced with a knife. Pour the juice from the
crockpot into a saucepan. Bring to boil slowly, then add a couple of
tablespoons of cornstarch and some water, about 1 to 1 1/2 cups. Whisk
over medium-low heat until smooth and thickened.

This recipe yields 8 servings.

Formatted for MC5 08-24-1999 by Joe Comiskey -

** This recipe can be pasted directly into BigOven for Windows. **
** Easy Windows recipe software. Try it free at
www.bigoven.com. **

7Hawks

Thumper wrote:
> I'm planning on having a turkey breast for Thanksgiving. My family doesn't
> care much for the dark meat, so I'm going to try the breast only this year.
> My daughter suggested cooking it in the crockpot. Does anyone have a good
> turkey breast crockpot recipe and/or any suggestions on cooking time?
>
> Thanks

Here is another with different temperature and time. Note that it
doesn't have the size listed.

TURKEY BREAST IN CROCK-POT
1 turkey breast
1 stick butter
1 c. water

Rub turkey breast with butter and put in crock-pot. Add
1 stick butter and 1 cup water. Cook on low all night and day.
7Hawks

Thumper wrote:
> I'm planning on having a turkey breast for Thanksgiving. My family doesn't
> care much for the dark meat, so I'm going to try the breast only this year.
> My daughter suggested cooking it in the crockpot. Does anyone have a good
> turkey breast crockpot recipe and/or any suggestions on cooking time?
>
> Thanks

Here is another with different temperature and time. Note that it
doesn't have the size listed.

TURKEY BREAST IN CROCK-POT
1 turkey breast
1 stick butter
1 c. water

Rub turkey breast with butter and put in crock-pot. Add
1 stick butter and 1 cup water. Cook on low all night and day.

7Hawks

Thumper wrote:
> I'm planning on having a turkey breast for Thanksgiving. My family doesn't
> care much for the dark meat, so I'm going to try the breast only this year.
> My daughter suggested cooking it in the crockpot. Does anyone have a good
> turkey breast crockpot recipe and/or any suggestions on cooking time?
>
> Thanks

Another...........

* Exported from BigOven *

Glazed Turkey Breast Roast

Recipe By :Crockpot Recipe Collection at http://www.quickneas
Serving Size :6
Cuisine :
Main Ingred. :
Categories :Turkey Poultry

-------- ------------- --------------------------------
2 bay leaves
1 teaspoon assorted peppercorns
Water to fill one-inch of cooker
Nonstick cooking spray
3 cups sourdough bread cubes
1/3 cup finely-chopped Canadian Bacon
1 medium onion --chopped
2 celery stalks --chopped
2 garlic cloves --minced
1/4 cup fat-free chicken broth
1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground white pepper
1/2 teaspoon sage
1 1/2 pounds boneless turkey breast
1/2 cup currant/ apricot or apple jelly

Place the bay leaves and peppercorns in an electric slow cooker. Add
water to approximately 1-inch depth. Place a collapsible vegetable
steamer basket in the slow cooker.

Coat a nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and warm it over medium-high
heat. Saute the bread, bacon, onions, celery and garlic until the
onions are lightly browned, about 6 minutes. Stir in the white pepper
and the sage. Transfer the bread stuffing to the steamer basket in the
slow cooker.

Coat the same skillet with nonstick spray; rewarm over medium-high heat.
Quickly brown the turkey breast on both sides; then transfer it to the
slow cooker, placing in atop the stuffing.

Melt 1/4 cup jelly and brush it on the turkey breast. Cover and cook on
LOW until the breast is tender and cooked through, 190 degrees on a meat
thermometer, 8 to 10 hours.

Melt the remaining jelly and brush it on the breast.

This recipe yields 6 servings.

Formatted for MC5 08-15-2000 by Joe Comiskey -

** This recipe can be pasted directly into BigOven for Windows. **
** Easy Windows recipe software. Try it free at
www.bigoven.com. **

7Hawks

Thumper wrote:
> I'm planning on having a turkey breast for Thanksgiving. My family doesn't
> care much for the dark meat, so I'm going to try the breast only this year.
> My daughter suggested cooking it in the crockpot. Does anyone have a good
> turkey breast crockpot recipe and/or any suggestions on cooking time?
>
> Thanks

Another...........

* Exported from BigOven *

Glazed Turkey Breast Roast

Recipe By :Crockpot Recipe Collection at http://www.quickneas
Serving Size :6
Cuisine :
Main Ingred. :
Categories :Turkey Poultry

-------- ------------- --------------------------------
2 bay leaves
1 teaspoon assorted peppercorns
Water to fill one-inch of cooker
Nonstick cooking spray
3 cups sourdough bread cubes
1/3 cup finely-chopped Canadian Bacon
1 medium onion --chopped
2 celery stalks --chopped
2 garlic cloves --minced
1/4 cup fat-free chicken broth
1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground white pepper
1/2 teaspoon sage
1 1/2 pounds boneless turkey breast
1/2 cup currant/ apricot or apple jelly

Place the bay leaves and peppercorns in an electric slow cooker. Add
water to approximately 1-inch depth. Place a collapsible vegetable
steamer basket in the slow cooker.

Coat a nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and warm it over medium-high
heat. Saute the bread, bacon, onions, celery and garlic until the
onions are lightly browned, about 6 minutes. Stir in the white pepper
and the sage. Transfer the bread stuffing to the steamer basket in the
slow cooker.

Coat the same skillet with nonstick spray; rewarm over medium-high heat.
Quickly brown the turkey breast on both sides; then transfer it to the
slow cooker, placing in atop the stuffing.

Melt 1/4 cup jelly and brush it on the turkey breast. Cover and cook on
LOW until the breast is tender and cooked through, 190 degrees on a meat
thermometer, 8 to 10 hours.

Melt the remaining jelly and brush it on the breast.

This recipe yields 6 servings.

Formatted for MC5 08-15-2000 by Joe Comiskey -

** This recipe can be pasted directly into BigOven for Windows. **
** Easy Windows recipe software. Try it free at
www.bigoven.com. **

7Hawks

Thumper wrote:
> I'm planning on having a turkey breast for Thanksgiving. My family doesn't
> care much for the dark meat, so I'm going to try the breast only this year.
> My daughter suggested cooking it in the crockpot. Does anyone have a good
> turkey breast crockpot recipe and/or any suggestions on cooking time?
>
> Thanks

Another...........

* Exported from BigOven *

Glazed Turkey Breast Roast

Recipe By :Crockpot Recipe Collection at http://www.quickneas
Serving Size :6
Cuisine :
Main Ingred. :
Categories :Turkey Poultry

-------- ------------- --------------------------------
2 bay leaves
1 teaspoon assorted peppercorns
Water to fill one-inch of cooker
Nonstick cooking spray
3 cups sourdough bread cubes
1/3 cup finely-chopped Canadian Bacon
1 medium onion --chopped
2 celery stalks --chopped
2 garlic cloves --minced
1/4 cup fat-free chicken broth
1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground white pepper
1/2 teaspoon sage
1 1/2 pounds boneless turkey breast
1/2 cup currant/ apricot or apple jelly

Place the bay leaves and peppercorns in an electric slow cooker. Add
water to approximately 1-inch depth. Place a collapsible vegetable
steamer basket in the slow cooker.

Coat a nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and warm it over medium-high
heat. Saute the bread, bacon, onions, celery and garlic until the
onions are lightly browned, about 6 minutes. Stir in the white pepper
and the sage. Transfer the bread stuffing to the steamer basket in the
slow cooker.

Coat the same skillet with nonstick spray; rewarm over medium-high heat.
Quickly brown the turkey breast on both sides; then transfer it to the
slow cooker, placing in atop the stuffing.

Melt 1/4 cup jelly and brush it on the turkey breast. Cover and cook on
LOW until the breast is tender and cooked through, 190 degrees on a meat
thermometer, 8 to 10 hours.

Melt the remaining jelly and brush it on the breast.

This recipe yields 6 servings.

Formatted for MC5 08-15-2000 by Joe Comiskey -

** This recipe can be pasted directly into BigOven for Windows. **
** Easy Windows recipe software. Try it free at
www.bigoven.com. **

7Hawks

Thumper wrote:
> I'm planning on having a turkey breast for Thanksgiving. My family doesn't
> care much for the dark meat, so I'm going to try the breast only this year.
> My daughter suggested cooking it in the crockpot. Does anyone have a good
> turkey breast crockpot recipe and/or any suggestions on cooking time?
>
> Thanks

And another...........Hope these have helped, good luck.

* Exported from BigOven *

Lemon-Basted Turkey Breast

Recipe By :Southern U.S. Cuisine (crockpot collection) at htt
Serving Size :0
Cuisine :
Main Ingred. :
Categories :Turkey Poultry

-------- ------------- --------------------------------
2 1/2 pounds turkey breast
===== MARINADE =====
coarsely-grated peel and juice of 2 lemons
2 tablespoon fresh rosemary
(or 1 tspn dried rosemary)
2 tablespoon fresh oregano
(or 1 tspn dried oregano)
2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/2 cup white wine
Salt --to taste
Freshly-ground black pepper --to taste
2 garlic cloves --minced

Place turkey, skin-side down, in a non-metallic dish. Combine marinade
ingredients and spoon over, turning to coat turkey. Cover and
refrigerate for several hours or overnight.

To cook, place turkey and marinade in the crockery pot and cook on LOW
for 6 to 8 hours, or until tender.

This recipe yields ?? servings.

Formatted for MC5 08-24-1999 by Joe Comiskey -

** This recipe can be pasted directly into BigOven for Windows. **
** Easy Windows recipe software. Try it free at
www.bigoven.com. **

7Hawks

Thumper wrote:
> I'm planning on having a turkey breast for Thanksgiving. My family doesn't
> care much for the dark meat, so I'm going to try the breast only this year.
> My daughter suggested cooking it in the crockpot. Does anyone have a good
> turkey breast crockpot recipe and/or any suggestions on cooking time?
>
> Thanks

And another...........Hope these have helped, good luck.

* Exported from BigOven *

Lemon-Basted Turkey Breast

Recipe By :Southern U.S. Cuisine (crockpot collection) at htt
Serving Size :0
Cuisine :
Main Ingred. :
Categories :Turkey Poultry

-------- ------------- --------------------------------
2 1/2 pounds turkey breast
===== MARINADE =====
coarsely-grated peel and juice of 2 lemons
2 tablespoon fresh rosemary
(or 1 tspn dried rosemary)
2 tablespoon fresh oregano
(or 1 tspn dried oregano)
2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/2 cup white wine
Salt --to taste
Freshly-ground black pepper --to taste
2 garlic cloves --minced

Place turkey, skin-side down, in a non-metallic dish. Combine marinade
ingredients and spoon over, turning to coat turkey. Cover and
refrigerate for several hours or overnight.

To cook, place turkey and marinade in the crockery pot and cook on LOW
for 6 to 8 hours, or until tender.

This recipe yields ?? servings.

Formatted for MC5 08-24-1999 by Joe Comiskey -

** This recipe can be pasted directly into BigOven for Windows. **
** Easy Windows recipe software. Try it free at
www.bigoven.com. **

7Hawks

Thumper wrote:
> I'm planning on having a turkey breast for Thanksgiving. My family doesn't
> care much for the dark meat, so I'm going to try the breast only this year.
> My daughter suggested cooking it in the crockpot. Does anyone have a good
> turkey breast crockpot recipe and/or any suggestions on cooking time?
>
> Thanks

And another...........Hope these have helped, good luck.

* Exported from BigOven *

Lemon-Basted Turkey Breast

Recipe By :Southern U.S. Cuisine (crockpot collection) at htt
Serving Size :0
Cuisine :
Main Ingred. :
Categories :Turkey Poultry

-------- ------------- --------------------------------
2 1/2 pounds turkey breast
===== MARINADE =====
coarsely-grated peel and juice of 2 lemons
2 tablespoon fresh rosemary
(or 1 tspn dried rosemary)
2 tablespoon fresh oregano
(or 1 tspn dried oregano)
2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/2 cup white wine
Salt --to taste
Freshly-ground black pepper --to taste
2 garlic cloves --minced

Place turkey, skin-side down, in a non-metallic dish. Combine marinade
ingredients and spoon over, turning to coat turkey. Cover and
refrigerate for several hours or overnight.

To cook, place turkey and marinade in the crockery pot and cook on LOW
for 6 to 8 hours, or until tender.

This recipe yields ?? servings.

Formatted for MC5 08-24-1999 by Joe Comiskey -

** This recipe can be pasted directly into BigOven for Windows. **
** Easy Windows recipe software. Try it free at
www.bigoven.com. **

Thumper

Wow, 7Hawks, thanks for the ideas. They all look wonderful. I printed all
of them and will probably experiment. Thanks again.
"7Hawks" > wrote in message
> Thumper wrote:
> > I'm planning on having a turkey breast for Thanksgiving. My family

doesn't
> > care much for the dark meat, so I'm going to try the breast only this

year.
> > My daughter suggested cooking it in the crockpot. Does anyone have a

good
> > turkey breast crockpot recipe and/or any suggestions on cooking time?
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> And another...........Hope these have helped, good luck.
>

> * Exported from BigOven *
>
> Lemon-Basted Turkey Breast
>
> Recipe By :Southern U.S. Cuisine (crockpot collection) at htt
> Serving Size :0
> Cuisine :
> Main Ingred. :
> Categories :Turkey Poultry

> -------- ------------- --------------------------------
> 2 1/2 pounds turkey breast
> ===== MARINADE =====
> coarsely-grated peel and juice of 2 lemons
> 2 tablespoon fresh rosemary
> (or 1 tspn dried rosemary)
> 2 tablespoon fresh oregano
> (or 1 tspn dried oregano)
> 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
> 1/2 cup white wine
> Salt --to taste
> Freshly-ground black pepper --to taste
> 2 garlic cloves --minced
>
> Place turkey, skin-side down, in a non-metallic dish. Combine marinade
> ingredients and spoon over, turning to coat turkey. Cover and
> refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
>
> To cook, place turkey and marinade in the crockery pot and cook on LOW
> for 6 to 8 hours, or until tender.
>
> This recipe yields ?? servings.
>
> Formatted for MC5 08-24-1999 by Joe Comiskey -
>

> ** This recipe can be pasted directly into BigOven for Windows. **
> ** Easy Windows recipe software. Try it free at
www.bigoven.com. **

Terry McIntire

Thumper wrote:
> Wow, 7Hawks, thanks for the ideas. They all look wonderful. I printed all
> of them and will probably experiment. Thanks again.
> "7Hawks" > wrote in message
>
>>Thumper wrote:
>>
>>>I'm planning on having a turkey breast for Thanksgiving. My family

> doesn't
>
>>>care much for the dark meat, so I'm going to try the breast only this

> year.
>
>>>My daughter suggested cooking it in the crockpot. Does anyone have a

> good
>
>>>turkey breast crockpot recipe and/or any suggestions on cooking time?
>>>
>>>Thanks
>>>

>>And another...........Hope these have helped, good luck.
>>

>> * Exported from BigOven *
>>
>> Lemon-Basted Turkey Breast
>>
>>Recipe By :Southern U.S. Cuisine (crockpot collection) at htt
>>Serving Size :0
>>Cuisine :
>>Main Ingred. :
>>Categories :Turkey Poultry
>>
>> Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
>>-------- ------------- --------------------------------
>> 2 1/2 pounds turkey breast
>> ===== MARINADE =====
>> coarsely-grated peel and juice of 2 lemons
>> 2 tablespoon fresh rosemary
>> (or 1 tspn dried rosemary)
>> 2 tablespoon fresh oregano
>> (or 1 tspn dried oregano)
>> 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
>> 1/2 cup white wine
>> Salt --to taste
>> Freshly-ground black pepper --to taste
>> 2 garlic cloves --minced
>>
>>Place turkey, skin-side down, in a non-metallic dish. Combine marinade
>>ingredients and spoon over, turning to coat turkey. Cover and
>>refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
>>
>>To cook, place turkey and marinade in the crockery pot and cook on LOW
>>for 6 to 8 hours, or until tender.
>>
>>This recipe yields ?? servings.
>>
>>Formatted for MC5 08-24-1999 by Joe Comiskey -
>>

>>** This recipe can be pasted directly into BigOven for Windows. **
>>** Easy Windows recipe software. Try it free at
www.bigoven.com. **

Thumper,
You are entirely welcome; it is my pleasure to share. Have a wonderful
Thanksgiving.
7Hawks
Terry McIntire

Thumper wrote:
> Wow, 7Hawks, thanks for the ideas. They all look wonderful. I printed all
> of them and will probably experiment. Thanks again.
> "7Hawks" > wrote in message
>
>>Thumper wrote:
>>
>>>I'm planning on having a turkey breast for Thanksgiving. My family

> doesn't
>
>>>care much for the dark meat, so I'm going to try the breast only this

> year.
>
>>>My daughter suggested cooking it in the crockpot. Does anyone have a

> good
>
>>>turkey breast crockpot recipe and/or any suggestions on cooking time?
>>>
>>>Thanks
>>>

>>And another...........Hope these have helped, good luck.
>>

>> * Exported from BigOven *
>>
>> Lemon-Basted Turkey Breast
>>
>>Recipe By :Southern U.S. Cuisine (crockpot collection) at htt
>>Serving Size :0
>>Cuisine :
>>Main Ingred. :
>>Categories :Turkey Poultry
>>
>> Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
>>-------- ------------- --------------------------------
>> 2 1/2 pounds turkey breast
>> ===== MARINADE =====
>> coarsely-grated peel and juice of 2 lemons
>> 2 tablespoon fresh rosemary
>> (or 1 tspn dried rosemary)
>> 2 tablespoon fresh oregano
>> (or 1 tspn dried oregano)
>> 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
>> 1/2 cup white wine
>> Salt --to taste
>> Freshly-ground black pepper --to taste
>> 2 garlic cloves --minced
>>
>>Place turkey, skin-side down, in a non-metallic dish. Combine marinade
>>ingredients and spoon over, turning to coat turkey. Cover and
>>refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
>>
>>To cook, place turkey and marinade in the crockery pot and cook on LOW
>>for 6 to 8 hours, or until tender.
>>
>>This recipe yields ?? servings.
>>
>>Formatted for MC5 08-24-1999 by Joe Comiskey -
>>

>>** This recipe can be pasted directly into BigOven for Windows. **
>>** Easy Windows recipe software. Try it free at
www.bigoven.com. **

Thumper,
You are entirely welcome; it is my pleasure to share. Have a wonderful
Thanksgiving.
7Hawks
Thumper

Thanks again! I'm drooling.