Recipes (alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.

Posted to alt.food.recipes

Default Seeking a horseradish sauce recipe

Since horseradish has recently appeared on Sainsbury's shelves (or is it
I who have only recently noticed it?), and since I only need a little
horseradish sauce at a time, and since shop-bought horseradish sauce is
often too pungent for my taste; I would like to make my own horseradish
sauce. Recipe suggestions are welcome.

Posted to alt.food.recipes

On 5/1/2011 5:43 AM, Frederick Williams wrote:
> Since horseradish has recently appeared on Sainsbury's shelves (or is it
> I who have only recently noticed it?), and since I only need a little
> horseradish sauce at a time, and since shop-bought horseradish sauce is
> often too pungent for my taste; I would like to make my own horseradish
> sauce. Recipe suggestions are welcome.

well, the horseradish sauce will depend entirely on the root that is
minced up to make the sauce

i remember being in tears while making horseradish sauce

if you want a milk horseradish sauce, look for one that states mild, it
should be less pungent
Posted to alt.food.recipes

On 5/4/2011 9:54 AM, Tiger Lily wrote:
> On 5/1/2011 5:43 AM, Frederick Williams wrote:
>> Since horseradish has recently appeared on Sainsbury's shelves (or is it
>> I who have only recently noticed it?), and since I only need a little
>> horseradish sauce at a time, and since shop-bought horseradish sauce is
>> often too pungent for my taste; I would like to make my own horseradish
>> sauce. Recipe suggestions are welcome.
>>

> well, the horseradish sauce will depend entirely on the root that is
> minced up to make the sauce
>
> i remember being in tears while making horseradish sauce
>
> if you want a milk horseradish sauce, look for one that states mild, it
> should be less pungent

*mild, not MILK!
Experienced Member

Location: Manila, Philippines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederick Williams[_3_] View Post
Since horseradish has recently appeared on Sainsbury's shelves (or is it
I who have only recently noticed it?), and since I only need a little
horseradish sauce at a time, and since shop-bought horseradish sauce is
often too pungent for my taste; I would like to make my own horseradish
sauce. Recipe suggestions are welcome.

Try this simple Horseradish Sauce. You just need the root, water, vinegar, and salt.
__________________
Noemi
Recipe-Finder: The Smart Way to Find Recipes
"Sleep 'til you're hungry, eat 'til you're sleepy." ~Author Unknown
Posted to alt.food.recipes

On 5/24/2011 4:34 AM, Noemi wrote:
> 'Frederick Williams[_3_ Wrote:
>> ;1610127']Since horseradish has recently appeared on Sainsbury's shelves
>> (or is it
>> I who have only recently noticed it?), and since I only need a little
>> horseradish sauce at a time, and since shop-bought horseradish sauce is
>> often too pungent for my taste; I would like to make my own horseradish
>> sauce. Recipe suggestions are welcome.
>>
>> --
>> When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by
>> this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him.
>> Jonathan Swift: Thoughts on Various Subjects, Moral and Diverting

> Try this simple 'Horseradish Sauce'
> (http://recipe-finder.com/recipe/10160624761581498957). You just need
> the root, water, vinegar, and salt.

the only key ingredient that you cannot predetermine what you will get
is the root itself

different soil, different moisture = different 'pungency' of the horseradish

i've made horseradish many times, but you do so much work to dig up the
root that you tend to make years of horseradish in one batch LOL

the same horse radish from the same area is consistent with prior
batches.... when i've moved and started the horse radish again, i get a
different 'potency' to it

Posted to alt.food.recipes

Frederick Williams wrote:

> Since horseradish has recently appeared on Sainsbury's shelves (or is it
> I who have only recently noticed it?), and since I only need a little
> horseradish sauce at a time, and since shop-bought horseradish sauce is
> often too pungent for my taste; I would like to make my own horseradish
> sauce. Recipe suggestions are welcome.

Thank you for all replies.