Recipes (alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.

Kevin

Default Apple Strudel

Blueberry Pound Cake

2 Cups granulated sugar
1 / 2 cup light butter
1 / 2 cup lower fat cream cheese, softened (half a brick)
3 large eggs
1 large egg white
3 cups all purpose flour (2 tablespoons taken out for blueberries)
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 / 2 teaspoon baking soda
1 / 2 teaspoon salt
1 (8oz) carton lemon low-fat yogurt (I found Astro has lemon yogurt)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Cooking spray

1 / 2 cup powdered sugar
4 teaspoons lemon juice
(I doubled the glaze and added grated lemon rind for zest)

1. Preheat over to 350
2. Beat first 3 ingredients at medium speed of a mixer until well
blended (about 5 minutes). Add eggs and egg white, 1 at a time, beating
well
after each addition. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level
with a knife. Combine 2 tablespoons flour and blueberries in a small bowl
and toss well (helps suspend berries in cake). Combine remaining flour,
baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add the flour mixture to sugar
mixture alternately with yogurt, beginning and ending with flour
mixture. Fold in blueberry mixture and vanilla; pour cake batter into a
10-inch tube pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 for 1 hour and
10 minutes (I did less and it was great - just watch - depends on oven I
guess) or until a wooden pick comes out clean.
3. Cool cake in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan. Lightly spoon icing
sugar into a dry measuring cup; combine with lemon juice and zest.
drizzle over warm cake.

Kevin

[...]

Update of Apple Strudel Recipe Terry Pulliam Burd[_5_] General Cooking 2 19-04-2011 06:30 AM
Fall Harvest Apple-Raspberry Strudel WindyCityPrince General Cooking 0 18-10-2008 05:51 AM
Apple Strudel Pastry Duckie ® Recipes 0 06-12-2005 03:44 AM
Apple Strudel Duckie ® Recipes 0 08-11-2005 04:15 PM
Apple Strudel (Apfelstrudel) Elaine Ackerman Recipes (moderated) 0 05-01-2004 04:18 PM