Recipes (alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.

Posted to alt.food.recipes

Default Using pastry flower to thicken sauces?

Hi i have a question in the restaurant where i work we use pastry flour
for pie crust, we also make our own sauce for our meats etc , my boss has
just been buying the pastry flour so we use it to thicken our sauce , but
get lots of complaints that it tasts burned or a slight bitter tast and
also the next day when we reheat it in the steam table it's way too thick,
could this be because of the pastry flour?,or is the new pantry guy using
too much flour, he thinks he knows everything. (any replys would be really
appreciated thanks

Posted to alt.food.recipes

actually i meant pastry flour versus all pourpos flower
"rlgordon" > wrote in message
. ..
> Hi i have a question in the restaurant where i work we use pastry flour
> for pie crust, we also make our own sauce for our meats etc , my boss has
> just been buying the pastry flour so we use it to thicken our sauce , but
> get lots of complaints that it tasts burned or a slight bitter tast and
> also the next day when we reheat it in the steam table it's way too thick,
> could this be because of the pastry flour?,or is the new pantry guy using
> too much flour, he thinks he knows everything. (any replys would be really
> appreciated thanks

Member

i think.. its may be because hes using more flour than usual..
but i am not sure..
South Indian Recipes