Recipes (moderated) (rec.food.recipes) A moderated forum. The purpose of rec.food.recipes is for posting recipes and recipe requests only. It is for the *sharing* of recipes among the readers.

Doughboy7

Default White Chocolate Chunk-Macadamia Nut Cookies (5) Collection

From:
> Could you please help me find a Macadamia Nut Cookie recipe. It has

chunks
> of white chocolate in them. It's my favorite. Thank you very much.

* Exported from MasterCook *

White Chocolate Chunk-macadamia Nut Cookies

Recipe By :Carole Bloom @ foodtv.com
Serving Size : 18 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Chocolate Cookies

2 cup All-Purpose Flour
3/4 Tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Salt
1 cup Unsalted Butter -- Softened
1 cup Light Brown Sugar
1 Egg
2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
8 Oz White Chocolate Baking Squares -- Cut In Small
Cubes
Or
1 1/2 cup White Chocolate Baking Chips
3/4 cup Unsalted, Toasted Macadamia Nuts -- Roughly
Chopped

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl.
Using a mixer, beat the butter in a large mixing bowl until fluffly, about
2
minutes. Add the brown sugar and mix together until smooth. Add the egg
and
vanilla. Stop to scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
Blend in the flour mixture in 3 stages and stir in the white chocolate and
nuts. Scoop out walnut-sized mounds of the cookie dough and place on the
cookie sheet, leaving 2-inches between the mounds. Bake for 8 to 10
minutes,
until the cookies are golden. Remove the cookie sheet from the oven and
transfer the cookies from the parchment to cooling racks. Store in an
airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. Freeze for longer
storage.
Yield: 3 dozen.
Cooking Live: Episode #: CL9760

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 176 Calories; 11g Fat (53.8%
calories
from fat); 2g Protein; 19g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 38mg
Cholesterol; 133mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 2
Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

* Exported from MasterCook *

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies

Recipe By :Quick Fixes with Mixes
Serving Size : 18 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Chocolate Cookies

1 18.5 Oz White Cake Mix With Pudding
1/2 cup Butter Or Margarine
2 Eggs
1 cup White Chocolate Baking Chips
3/4 cup Toasted Macadamia Nuts -- Coarsely Chopped

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine cake mix, butter,
eggs. Beat on medium speed until well blended. Stir in white chocolate
chips
and nuts. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake
for
10 to 12 minutes. Cool cookies for 1 minute on baking sheet, and then
transfer to wire rack. (Makes about 3 dozen).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 52 Calories; 6g Fat (94.6% calories
from fat); 1g Protein; trace Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 35mg
Cholesterol; 58mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Lean Meat; 1 Fat.

NOTES : Toast macadamia nuts by placing them on a cookie sheet in a 300
degree oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove them when they become lightly
browned. ( Watch closely to be sure they don't burn.)

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0

* Exported from MasterCook *

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies

Recipe By :Eric Hunt <ehunt@bscupedu>
Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Cookies

1/2 Cup Unsalted butter -- softened
1/3 Cup Sugar
1/3 Cup Brown sugar -- firmly packed
1 Egg
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1 Cup All-purpose flour
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
6 1/2 Ounces White Chocolate -- chopped
3/4 Cup Macadamia Nuts -- halved

Blend butter, sugars, egg,and vanilla until fluffy, stopping once to
scrape
down sides of bowl, about 1 min. add flour,baking soda and salt and mix
until just combined. do not over mix. stir in white chocolate chunks and
nuts. mound dough by 1/3 cupfuls onto lightly greased cookie sheet, space
about 2 in. apart. bake in preheated 375 degree oven until lighly brown
around edges, about 15 min.cool on cookie sheet for 3 min, then remove to
racks and cool completley.
Store in air-tight container. (can be prepared ahead. store cookies up to
4
days at room temp. or freeze 3 wks.)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 428 Calories; 29g Fat (58.8%
calories
from fat); 4g Protein; 42g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 54mg
Cholesterol;
161mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 5 1/2 Fat; 2 Other
Carbohydrates.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

* Exported from MasterCook *

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies

Recipe By :"Leo, Debbie" >
Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Cookies

1 Cup Flour -- (plus 2 Tbsp.)
1 Teaspoon Salt -- (I usually use less)
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
4 Ounces Butter Or Margarine
6 Tablespoons Brown Sugar, Packed
6 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1 Egg
1/2 Cup White Chocolate -- * see note
1/2 Cup Macadamia Nuts -- ** see note

* I buy large good quality candy bars, such as Lindt, and chop them up.
** I use straight from the jar, you may prefer to chop up

Preheat oven to 375 F. Mix all dry ingredients together in a separate
bowl.
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until fluffy. Add vanilla and
egg--mix well.
Slowly add dry ingredients to butter/sugar mixture--mix well Add chocolate
and nuts. Spoon onto lightly greased cookie sheets (I use cushionaire--no
turning)
Make whatever size you what--I tend to make them large because it saves
time
Bake 8-12 minutes, depending on size of cookies--they should not brown,
more
of a golden color. Cool on rack

BTW: I usually make a double batch of the dough, separate into halves,
and
add regular chocolate chunks and pecans to one (and maybe some coconut),
white chocolate and macadamias to the other--two cookies with half the
work

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 3014 Calories; 187g Fat (53.8%
calories from fat); 30g Protein; 332g Carbohydrate; 16g Dietary Fiber;
435mg
Cholesterol; 3811mg Sodium. Exchanges: 7 Grain(Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat;
36
1/2 Fat; 15 Other Carbohydrates.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

* Exported from MasterCook *

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies

Recipe By :Regent Beverly Wilshire Hotel in L.A.
Serving Size : 18 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Cookies Drop Cookies

1 Cup all-purpose flour
3/4 Teaspoon baking powder
1/8 Teaspoon salt
1/8 Teaspoon baking soda
1/2 Cup unsalted butter -- +
2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
3/4 Cup golden brown sugar -- packed
1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
1 Large egg
1 1/2 Cups vanilla milk chips -- (white chocolate)
3/4 Cup macadamia nuts -- coarsely chopped
3/4 Cup pecans -- coarsely chopped

Preheat oven to 3500 F. Gease 2 heavy large cookie sheets.
Mix first 4 ingredients together in a small bowl. Using electric mixer,
beat
butter, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
Beat in egg. Stir in dry ingredients, then vanilla milk chips and nuts.
Drop cookie dough by scant 1/4 cup onto prepared cookie sheets, spacing
evenly.
Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
Cool cookies on sheets for 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to rack to cool.
This
makes about 18.
Tips: Don't let cookies get to brown. They should still be very soft when
removed from the oven. And for those of you who didn't know, nestle's now
makes vanilla milk chips along with their chocolate and butterscotch.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 155 Calories; 14g Fat (77.7%
calories
from fat); 2g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 28mg
Cholesterol;
48mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Fat; 0
Other
Carbohydrates.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated by Patricia Hill at
.