Recipes (moderated) (rec.food.recipes) A moderated forum. The purpose of rec.food.recipes is for posting recipes and recipe requests only. It is for the *sharing* of recipes among the readers.

Posted to rec.food.recipes

Default Corn Fritters

Corn Fritters

my mother obtained when she was on a Navy base in Germany in the 1940's.
She is unsure of the date but this has been in our family since she
obtained it. It is fabulous and easy.

2 cups corn bread mix
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup canned corn drained
1/4 cup cooking oil

Put the corn bread mix in a bowl and, using a fork to blend, gradually add
the water. Be careful not to over blend. The dough should be quite stiff.
Add the corn, which should be well drained. Put about one fourth of the
oil in a skillet and heat. Ladle the batter into the hot oil and fry for
about 2 minutes, turning once. Serve with syrup, honey or butter.

My version of mom's corn fritters (above). I perfected this recipe in the
early 1980's when I was a newlywed. My husband and I both like spice, so I
added some peppers and onions.

2 cups corn bread mix
1/2 cup warm milk
1 small can whole kernel corn
1 small can creamed style corn
2 pickled jalapenos, chopped
1 small white onion, finely chopped
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese

Mix all ingredients together and mix with a fork until mixed but not
mushy. Dough will be stiff. Drop in hot oil in spoonfuls and cook for
about 2 minutes.

--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated by Patricia Hill at .
Archives: