Recipes (moderated) (rec.food.recipes) A moderated forum. The purpose of rec.food.recipes is for posting recipes and recipe requests only. It is for the *sharing* of recipes among the readers.

A1 WBarfieldsr

Default Khoreshe Fesenjan

> From: (Jay Moyer 21)
> I am looking for a recipe for Khoreshe Fesenjan.
> It is Persian Chicken with Pomegranate Sauce. Can you help me ...
> PLEASE?!!! They are sooo good. Thanks so much.

Khoreshe Fesenjan

3 lb. chicken, cut up
8 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 tsp. Poultry Seasoning
1 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Pepper
1 large. Onion, finely chopped
3 Tbsp Butter
2 Tbsp Tomato Sauce
2 Cups Walnuts, finely chopped
3 1/2 Cups Water
1 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1 Cup Fresh Pomegranate Juice
1 Tbsp Sugar

Wash and prepare chicken for frying. Saute the chicken in the oil along
with the poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper. Set aside. Saute onion in
butter until golden brown. Add tomato sauce and simmer for a few minutes.
Add the walnuts. Simmer over med. heat for 5 minutes. Stir constantly and
be careful not to burn your walnuts. Add water and remaining seasonings,
lemon juice and pomegranate juice. Cover and cook the sauce on low heat
for about 35 minutes. Arrange chicken in sauce. Cover and simmer for 20-25
minutes. Serve with steamed rice and Persian Flat Bread (recipe below).
Servings: 6

NAN-E BARBARI Persian Flat Bread

3 cups whole wheat flour
2 cups corn flour
2 cups warm water (110F, 45C)
1/4 cup warm water (110F, 45C)
1 (1/4 oz.)pkg. active dry yeast
3 Tbsp white sugar
3 Tbsp sunflower oil
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 cup sesame seeds
milk

Pour 1/4 cup of warm water into a small bowl, and sprinkle the yeast over
it. Stir until dissolved. Thoroughly mix the flour and cinnamon together.
Make a well in the center, and put the dissolved yeast into it. Add sugar,
oil, and 2 cups of warm water. Gradually stir the flour into the liquid
mixture until the dough is thoroughly mixed. The dough will now be sticky.
Put the dough on a floured table top and knead, adding more whole wheat
flour if necessary, until the dough is smooth and elastic. Place the dough
in a large, lightly oiled bowl. Turn the dough to oil all sides. Cover
with a dry towel, and let stand until it has doubled in size (about 1
hour). Punch down the dough and then divide into 4 equal portions. Shape
each one into a ball. Lightly rub each one, and then put them back into
the large bowl. Cover with the towel for 20 minutes. Roll each portion
into an oval (6"x12", 15x30cm). Place on ungreased baking sheets. Using
the side of your thumb, make lengthwise ridges 1"apart on each. Brush each
one with milk and sprinkle 1 Tbsp of sesame seeds over top. Let them rest
for 15 minutes. Bake at 325F (160C) until golden brown (20 to 30 minutes).
Makes: 4 loaves

--
William Barfieldsr

--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated by Patricia Hill at
.