Recipes (moderated) (rec.food.recipes) A moderated forum. The purpose of rec.food.recipes is for posting recipes and recipe requests only. It is for the *sharing* of recipes among the readers.

Posted to rec.food.recipes

Default Circus Peanut Salad

Circus Peanut Salad

This recipe was passed to me by my Grandma.

2 (4 serving - or you can use 1 of the 8 serving) boxes of Orange Jello
3 cup Boiling Hot Water
1 (20 oz) can of crushed pineapple - drained well
1 (8 oz) container of Cool Whip
20 circus peanut candies

9 x 13 pan Drain the crushed pineapple well and put it in the
refrigerator. Next, count your circus peanuts and slightly tear them up so
they melt easier and then set aside. In a bowl, mix the 3 boiling cups of
water and add the circus peanuts and the orange jello - stir till the
peanuts and jello are completely disolved. Slightly cool (Don't allow to
set completely though!) Add to the jello the drained crushed pineapple
that's chilling in the refrigerator and the container of cool whip and mix
well. Pour into the 9 x 13 pan and place in refrigerator to finish
setting. Keep refrigerated. You can add extra coolwhip to the top of the
jello along with extra circus peanuts to garnish. This salad is definantly
a old time favorite with our family and magically disappears!

--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated by Patricia D. Hill at .
Archives: