Recipes (moderated) (rec.food.recipes) A moderated forum. The purpose of rec.food.recipes is for posting recipes and recipe requests only. It is for the *sharing* of recipes among the readers.

Posted to rec.food.recipes

Default BBQ Pork Ribs

Requested Pork Loin Ribs
How do I cook the pork ribs.What can I use to flavor them.How long do I
cook them.Thank you

BBQ Pork Ribs

5 pounds pork ribs/baby back or spareribs

Salt, to taste
Black Pepper, to taste

Rub down ribs with salt/pepper. If you like, add any additonal spices to
the ribs, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, cayenne, to taste.

Perferably, wrap ribs in plastic and let sit in fridge overnight, although
not necessary.

Layer ribs in crockpot and cook on low about 8 hours. Do not lift the lid
while they are cooking except last hour or so to check for tenderness. The
meat should pull of the bone with a fork. Remove from crockpot and put on
BBQ with indirect heat. I have three burners on mine so I get the BBQ
heat, then turn off two burners and leave one burner on high. Put the ribs
over the two burners you turned off. Baste with BBQ sauce. Turn after
about 10 minutes and baste the other side. I continue doing this until for
about 3 or 4 times. The BBQ sauce get good and carmelized and the ribs
finish cooking and getting tender. This sounds like a lot of work, but it
is really easy and they come out great! I like to serve them with BBQ
beans and coleslaw.

--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated by Patricia Hill at .
Archives:

I like pork ribs Library Barbecue 8 20-01-2012 01:08 AM
Dry Rub for Pork Ribs Tim Bowley Recipes (moderated) 0 28-05-2005 04:55 AM
Beef Ribs/Pork Ribs Peter Newman Barbecue 4 04-07-2004 07:47 PM