Recipes (moderated) (rec.food.recipes) A moderated forum. The purpose of rec.food.recipes is for posting recipes and recipe requests only. It is for the *sharing* of recipes among the readers.

Posted to rec.food.recipes

Default Chocolate Chip Cake

> Subject: Chocolate Chip Cake
> From: Bonnie >
> When my kids were young I used to make a chocolate chip cake and have lost
> the recipe. I've checked the web but they all call for cake mix and
> pudding. This was made from scratch and I only remember there was red food
> coloring in it, oil, and I think sour cream not sure. I would really
> appreciate getting a copy of this old recipe. Thanks

This one is from the "Open Line Bulletin":
http://www.n-connect.net/lynxy/bulletapril1967.html

Mount Vernon Chocolate Chip Cake

11/4 cup white sugar
1 cup shortening
2 eggs
11/2 teaspoons red food coloring
13/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon soda
3 tablespoons cocoa
1 cup water
1/2 cup nuts
1 cup chocolate chips

Cream sugar, shortening and eggs. Add coloring. Blend in 1 cup water.
Sift dry ingredients together, then combine the two. Turn into 9 by 13
inch cake pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips and nuts on top. Bake at 350
for 30 to 35 minutes.

Hope this helps,
Sharon

--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated by Patricia Hill at .
Archives:

Chocolate Chip Applesauce Cake Travis and Jenn Bartimus Recipes (moderated) 0 15-03-2006 07:31 AM
Chocolate chip cookie cake [email protected] General Cooking 0 04-03-2006 01:10 PM
CHOCOLATE CHIP CRATER CAKE Tim Recipes 0 06-07-2005 09:42 AM
Chocolate Chip Cake Tim Recipes 0 06-07-2005 09:41 AM
Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake Valerie Recipes (moderated) 0 17-11-2004 05:01 AM