SCUBApix

Default rfp FAQ Availability

This is the monthly posting of the availablility of the FAQ.
The rec.food.preserving FAQ is available at
http://www.gbronline.com/jacke/rfpfaq/rfpFAQ.htm . There have been no
changes since the last notice; we are at Version 4.2.2.

A detailed, chronological ordering of changes to the FAQ can be found at
http://www.gbronline.com/jacke/rfpfaq/differences.htm .

Note that I have added a single text file that can be downloaded. Just start
at the above place (rfpFAQ.htm) and you will see a link for download where
it talks about the 'differences' file. The new text file opens in your
browser and then you just click 'file' and 'save as' and you should have it.

Let me know if there are any difficulties.

The Joneses

SCUBApix wrote:

> This is the monthly posting of the availablility of the FAQ.
> The rec.food.preserving FAQ is available at
> http://www.gbronline.com/jacke/rfpfaq/rfpFAQ.htm . There have been no
> changes since the last notice; we are at Version 4.2.2.
>
> Let me know if there are any difficulties.

Are you following the Hot Water Batch Processing/US&Canadian Altitudes thread?
I did not find a link to US Geo Survey, but several of us have chimed in on how
to find altitudes.
Edrena

SCUBApix

"The Joneses" > wrote in message
> SCUBApix wrote:
>
> > This is the monthly posting of the availablility of the FAQ.
> > The rec.food.preserving FAQ is available at
> > http://www.gbronline.com/jacke/rfpfaq/rfpFAQ.htm . There have been no
> > changes since the last notice; we are at Version 4.2.2.
> >
> > Let me know if there are any difficulties.

> Are you following the Hot Water Batch Processing/US&Canadian Altitudes

thread?
> I did not find a link to US Geo Survey, but several of us have chimed in

on how
> to find altitudes.
> Edrena

No I haven't seen that thread. I'll check Google to see if I can find it.
There is one reference to finding your altitude in the FAQ in Part 9,
Section VII under the Penn State reference.

SCUBApix

"SCUBApix" > wrote in message

> "The Joneses" > wrote in message
> > SCUBApix wrote:
> >
> > > This is the monthly posting of the availablility of the FAQ.
> > > The rec.food.preserving FAQ is available at
> > > http://www.gbronline.com/jacke/rfpfaq/rfpFAQ.htm . There have been no
> > > changes since the last notice; we are at Version 4.2.2.
> > >
> > > Let me know if there are any difficulties.

> > Are you following the Hot Water Batch Processing/US&Canadian Altitudes

> thread?
> > I did not find a link to US Geo Survey, but several of us have chimed in

> on how
> > to find altitudes.
> > Edrena

> No I haven't seen that thread. I'll check Google to see if I can find it.
> There is one reference to finding your altitude in the FAQ in Part 9,
> Section VII under the Penn State reference.

Ok, I found the thread but I only saw one reference to altitudes and it was
essentially for the 50 largest cities in the US. I think the Penn State
reference is better because it covers more area. I did find the reference to
Canadian altitudes and will add that. If there is a reply in that thread I'm
not seeing that has more urls, please send them it to me (e-mail address
munged. Get rid of the 2 'no's on either side of at). I will also do
something to make it easier to find info in the FAQ on altitudes.

The Joneses

SCUBApix wrote:

> "SCUBApix" > wrote in message

> > > Are you following the Hot Water Batch Processing/US&Canadian Altitudes

> > thread?
> > > I did not find a link to US Geo Survey, but several of us have chimed in

> > on how
> > > to find altitudes.
> > > Edrena

> > No I haven't seen that thread. I'll check Google to see if I can find it.
> > There is one reference to finding your altitude in the FAQ in Part 9,
> > Section VII under the Penn State reference.
> >

> Ok, I found the thread but I only saw one reference to altitudes and it was
> essentially for the 50 largest cities in the US. I think the Penn State
> reference is better because it covers more area. I did find the reference to
> Canadian altitudes and will add that. If there is a reply in that thread I'm
> not seeing that has more urls, please send them it to me (e-mail address
> munged. Get rid of the 2 'no's on either side of at). I will also do
> something to make it easier to find info in the FAQ on altitudes.

Barb mentioned calling the closest airport. Sounded reasonable too.
Thanks for the update, I finally did find the link.
Edrena

SCUBApix

"The Joneses" > wrote in message
> SCUBApix wrote:

no

Altitudes
> > > thread?

chimed in
> > > on how
> > >
> > > No I haven't seen that thread. I'll check Google to see if I can find

it.
> > > There is one reference to finding your altitude in the FAQ in Part 9,
> > > Section VII under the Penn State reference.
> > >

> > Ok, I found the thread but I only saw one reference to altitudes and it

was
> > essentially for the 50 largest cities in the US. I think the Penn State
> > reference is better because it covers more area. I did find the

reference to
> > Canadian altitudes and will add that. If there is a reply in that thread

I'm
> > not seeing that has more urls, please send them it to me (e-mail address
> > munged. Get rid of the 2 'no's on either side of at). I will also do
> > something to make it easier to find info in the FAQ on altitudes.

> Barb mentioned calling the closest airport. Sounded reasonable too.
> Thanks for the update, I finally did find the link.
> Edrena

The rfpFAQ has been updated with the Penn State url and Canada url added to
section A.1.9 which is in answer to the question 'Where can I find my
elevation?'. I also added Barb's tip.

Thanks for the input to help make the FAQ better.

SCUBApix

"The Joneses" > wrote in message
> SCUBApix wrote:

no

Altitudes
> > > thread?

chimed in
> > > on how
> > >
> > > No I haven't seen that thread. I'll check Google to see if I can find

it.
> > > There is one reference to finding your altitude in the FAQ in Part 9,
> > > Section VII under the Penn State reference.
> > >

> > Ok, I found the thread but I only saw one reference to altitudes and it

was
> > essentially for the 50 largest cities in the US. I think the Penn State
> > reference is better because it covers more area. I did find the

reference to
> > Canadian altitudes and will add that. If there is a reply in that thread

I'm
> > not seeing that has more urls, please send them it to me (e-mail address
> > munged. Get rid of the 2 'no's on either side of at). I will also do
> > something to make it easier to find info in the FAQ on altitudes.

> Barb mentioned calling the closest airport. Sounded reasonable too.
> Thanks for the update, I finally did find the link.
> Edrena

The rfpFAQ has been updated with the Penn State url and Canada url added to
section A.1.9 which is in answer to the question 'Where can I find my
elevation?'. I also added Barb's tip.

Thanks for the input to help make the FAQ better.

The Joneses

SCUBApix wrote:

> The rfpFAQ has been updated with the Penn State url and Canada url added to
> section A.1.9 which is in answer to the question 'Where can I find my
> elevation?'. I also added Barb's tip.
>
> Thanks for the input to help make the FAQ better.

Yeeehaaw! Which is Texan fer I'm glad to be a part. A very useful word.
Edrena